It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

How would you rerework the gun laws in the USA

page: 1
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Its utterly clear that the gun laws in the US are failing, there are far to many "crack pots" with guns....how would you start a new set of laws to help stop a single man buy over 6 thousand rounds off the internet.

On a side note im watching Fox News on Sky tv....its reporters and ankers are like spoilt retarded kids

E




posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:05 PM
link   
Everybody would be permitted to open carry at all times and in all circumstances. On airplanes, passengers would be required to load frangible ammunition.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Everybody would be permitted to open carry at all times and in all circumstances. On airplanes, passengers would be required to load frangible ammunition.


OMG lol really?....would everyone be made to wear a cowboy hat and spurs too....

?

E



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
I'd disagree with the premise of the laws failing...... On one hand, this guy in the news right now was as much the mad bomber as any shooter. Guns were just part of his sick trip into madness.

In general though, the 20,000+ gun laws, as I figure I've heard quoted far and wide for federal down to local gun laws in number, aren't the problem except that I see a problem in SO MANY of them.

Drop those laws down to a handful...and maybe we'd be getting somewhere.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:08 PM
link   
Another thread complaining about the gun laws in America? This is your second one on this subject. There nothing wrong with the laws here worry about the laws in your own country.
edit on 21-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:10 PM
link   
I prescribe to the idea that a crime needs to have a victim.

Simple ownership and carry of an object, any object by anyone, does not create victims.

It's absurd that a thing is so regulated.

In a free society liberty must be assumed. Without the assumption of liberty we are all under tyranny.
edit on 21-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Another thread complaining about the gun laws in America? This is your second one on this subject. There nothing wrong with the laws here worry about the laws in your own country.
edit on 21-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)


I don't really need to worry about the gun laws over here, as harsh as they are there are very few gun related murders/mass murders!

E



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


regulation gun ownership, anyone can get a permit but there are also different classes of said permit.

Class One: Lethal, this will require classes and effort to make sure you are able to respect the responsibility of carrying a concealed firearm.

Class Two: Non-Lethal, less required classes, could be used as probation for misuse of Class One permit.

Everyone will be able to own guns, but to conceal them you have to learn the responsibilty just like driving. If we take all our guns away, only the bad people will have them. An armed society is a polite society.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   
I would just like to extend my heartfelt condolences for this latest shock to the people of the US.

I would like people to consider that guns can be a two-edged sword, and our experience during The St James Church Massacre in 1993.
en.wikipedia.org...

Terrorists from APLA (Azanian People's Liberation Army) threw grenades into a church, and then began shooting people with machine guns.

One man with a 38-special shot back, and this not only caused the culprits to flee, but they also abandoned their plans to throw 4 petrol-bombs at the church.

I knew people who owed their life to that gunman.

Even anti-gun groups in SA must concede that one firearm in the church saved many lives.

Now legal guns are very restricted in SA, and some see racial undertones of disarming whites.

I know views in the US must be very raw on this issue, especially as patterns emerge.

Anyway, just to add.
I don't own any firearms myself, but I always felt safer around people that did.
edit on 21-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
I prescribe to the idea that a crime needs to have a victim.

Simple ownership and carry of an object, any object by anyone, does not create victims.

It's absurd that a thing is so regulated.

In a free society liberty must be assumed. Without the assumption of liberty we are all under tyranny.
edit on 21-7-2012 by thisguyrighthere because: (no reason given)


Guns are a tool that kill people fast ! owning high powered guns in 2012 is not needed by the average joes ....

E



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharonIncarnate
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


regulation gun ownership, anyone can get a permit but there are also different classes of said permit.

Class One: Lethal, this will require classes and effort to make sure you are able to respect the responsibility of carrying a concealed firearm.

Class Two: Non-Lethal, less required classes, could be used as probation for misuse of Class One permit.

Everyone will be able to own guns, but to conceal them you have to learn the responsibilty just like driving. If we take all our guns away, only the bad people will have them. An armed society is a polite society.


I think that is a start yes!

E



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Another thread complaining about the gun laws in America? This is your second one on this subject. There nothing wrong with the laws here worry about the laws in your own country.
edit on 21-7-2012 by buster2010 because: (no reason given)


Exactly. If you decide to flip out and kill people you can just walk into a gun shop and LEGALLY buy a gun. Then you can take that legal gun into your nearest mall, college , school or university and kill people.

Legally.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


It is not utterly clear at all! The kid wired his house with booby traps using string, should we ban string?
Our governments kill every day, they have killed billions! Perhaps the time has come to ban govenments!
Or perhaps cars, blunt objects, knives. How about the profit driven medical industry, how many does that kill?
How many deaths have all these corporations perpetuated that have no regard for human life whatsoever?
You know, the ones that are running the government! Now you want to give the corporate fascist state a monopoly on guns? Criminals and psychopaths will always, always always, get access to guns! Street criminals, global corporate criminals, hired mercenary criminals! Leave the peoples guns alone, you and all the other robot shills spreading this bull# propaganda need to step back and look at the real death toll in account here!



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


The crazies are everywhere, in every county, not just the US. I think I remember some mass murdering in your county in July, 2005. It wasn't guns, though, was it?? Bombs maybe?



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


So what?



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfoldman
I would just like to extend my heartfelt condolences for this latest shock to the people of the US.

I would like people to consider that guns can be a two-edged sword, and our experience during The St James Church Massacre in 1993.
en.wikipedia.org...

Terrorists from APLA (Azanian People's Liberation Army) threw grenades into a church, and then began shooting people with machine guns.

One man with a 38-special shot back, and this not only caused the culprits to flee, but they also abandoned their plans to throw 4 petrol-bombs at the church.

I knew people who owed their life to that gunman.

Even anti-gun groups in SA must concede that one firearm in the church saved many lives.

Now legal guns are very restricted in SA, and some see racial undertones of disarming whites.

I know views in the US must be very raw on this issue, especially as patterns emerge.

Anyway, just to add.
I don't own any firearms myself, but I always felt safer around people that did.
edit on 21-7-2012 by halfoldman because: (no reason given)


Thats a fair view.....maybe some people do feel safer around people carrying guns ....

E



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

Exactly. If you decide to flip out and kill people you can just walk into a gun shop and LEGALLY buy a gun. Then you can take that legal gun into your nearest mall, college , school or university and kill people.

Legally.



Really? That legalizes murder?



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by thisguyrighthere
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


So what?


So what ?? what ??
Be more clear !

E



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Everybody would be permitted to open carry at all times and in all circumstances. On airplanes, passengers would be required to load frangible ammunition.


OMG lol really?....would everyone be made to wear a cowboy hat and spurs too....

?

E
No cowboy hat or spurs needed. The spurs would mess up my gas and brake pedals, and I prefer a ball cap or a booney hat. I also keep my guns close and loaded.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by km22453
reply to post by EqualizerUK
 


The crazies are everywhere, in every county, not just the US. I think I remember some mass murdering in your county in July, 2005. It wasn't guns, though, was it?? Bombs maybe?


Whats that got to do with a mass shooting ?

E



new topics

top topics



 
1
<<   2  3  4 >>

log in

join