It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A different take on the Batman shooting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:12 AM
link   
Excerpt:

Here’s a snippet from the article:

Donnie Pridemore will be the first to tell you everyone deserves the right to be safe. He’s a local police officer, a firearms instructor and he’s convinced that concealed carry laws make everyone safer from people like James Holmes. “These are cowards. They don’t want to engage somebody who might be able to stop them. They’re preying on what they might think are innocent people. This is a domestic terrorism act,” says Pridemore.

Officer Pridemore is exactly on target. His quote on cowards, who engage people who are known to be passive, is a very important thing to realize. It has a flip-side, you. Make your voice heard, first and foremost, if you are truly of moral character and a Christian. The thing about talking is you also gotta walk it, so be prepared to defend innocent life by facing evil in the most dangerous of circumstances.

jonbhorton.wordpress.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:19 AM
link   
I am not christian, what should i do?

2nd.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by Augustine62
Excerpt:

Here’s a snippet from the article:

Donnie Pridemore will be the first to tell you everyone deserves the right to be safe. He’s a local police officer, a firearms instructor and he’s convinced that concealed carry laws make everyone safer from people like James Holmes. “These are cowards. They don’t want to engage somebody who might be able to stop them. They’re preying on what they might think are innocent people. This is a domestic terrorism act,” says Pridemore.

Officer Pridemore is exactly on target. His quote on cowards, who engage people who are known to be passive, is a very important thing to realize. It has a flip-side, you. Make your voice heard, first and foremost, if you are truly of moral character and a Christian. The thing about talking is you also gotta walk it, so be prepared to defend innocent life by facing evil in the most dangerous of circumstances.

jonbhorton.wordpress.com...

Common sense, critical thinking, bravery, compassion, being rational under fire and the willingness to protect those who cannot protect themselves has nothing to do with religion. It is a personal mindset and a goal to be achieved. You don't have to be religious to do the right thing.

Cheers - Dave

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I don't get the tie to being a christian...

But Jesus did have his disciples be armed with a sword, demanded it and sent them in twos for protection...

the right to protect one self is universal no matter your beliefs.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Yes, survival of the fittest.

Everyone should be armed at all times.

Why not just give everyone a delete button.

I delete Michelle Bachmann, Dick Cheney, Bush crime family syndicate, Obama, Clintons, Rockefellers, Rothschilds, Zionists, Christians war mongerers etc......

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
The tie is some of those people were Christians so it must be an attack against all Christians everywhere.

who cares that there were non-Christians there.

CHRISTIANS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO COUNT!

America is for white Christians only, nobody else may apply.

Conservative Christians have this incredible persecution complex and think that every time something goes against them in any way shape or form they are being oppressed, force to hide their identity, and victimize by those dirty rotten atheistic bastards who don't worship Jesus.It's because they are the real persecutors and seek to subvert everybody to Christianity, and those that won't convert must be destroyed and sent to hell?

Sad but true.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Why did I include Christians? Because no Christian should be afraid of death to protect another. I guarantee many in that audience go to church.

Any Christian afraid of death is no Christian. Any human afraid of it is just human, but a useless one in this situation.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Augustine62

But what if they are worried that they will be judged with original sin??

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Leave the christian rhetoric out of your post man... I'm not christian and I am not afraid of death. You're just gonna derail your thread with that.
edit on 21-7-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: 'e

:Nevermind.
edit on 21-7-2012 by BlastedCaddy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:15 PM
link   
How is this a different take? This could've just been added to another thread. There's nothing new here...I kinda feel ripped off. Either that or I am missing something... Which is just as likely I suppose.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Augustine62

The "Batman Shooter" was wearing body armor and began his rampage by blinding his victims with teargas. Why? Because he assumed that there would be audience members who were carrying. Conceal carry laws do not make people safer, they cause murderers to use adaptive tactics. Just my two cent's worth.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone
The tie is some of those people were Christians so it must be an attack against all Christians everywhere.

who cares that there were non-Christians there.

CHRISTIANS ARE THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO COUNT!

America is for white Christians only, nobody else may apply.

Conservative Christians have this incredible persecution complex and think that every time something goes against them in any way shape or form they are being oppressed, force to hide their identity, and victimize by those dirty rotten atheistic bastards who don't worship Jesus.It's because they are the real persecutors and seek to subvert everybody to Christianity, and those that won't convert must be destroyed and sent to hell?

Sad but true.

Racecard over this?

Please, for the love of... humanity come up with something more intelligent than this arguement. Sounds like something a BP would say

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:49 PM
link   
The discussion on gun control after the Aurora shootings was started here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion in the above linked thread.
Thanks

**Thread Closed**

for future reference:

We Have A New Search Engine--Please Use It!

top topics

join