It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Delicious Lemon Poppy seed Muffins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I took my girlfriend up to a bed and breakfast in Cleveland on the 4th of July, and for breakfast we were served the most AMAZING lemon poppy seed muffins. Normally I don't like anything with a lemony taste to it, but these had just the right amount. They wouldn't give me their secret recipe, but after trial and error and some research, I think I have come darn close. Here's what i've got going on:

1 stick butter, room temperature
3/4 cup sugar
2 tbsp poppy seeds
2 eggs, separated
1 1/3 cups flour
1 tsp baking powder
1/2 baking soda
2 lemons zest
1/4 tsp salt
2 tbsp lemon juice
1 tsp vanilla extract
1/2 cup vanilla yogurt

Cream together the sugar and butter. Add the egg yolks and yogurt and whisk together. Preheat your oven to 350F.

Combine all your dry ingredients (flour, salt, baking soda, etc.) in a separate bowl.

Combine the dry ingredients into the wet slowly (i did it by heaping tablespoons) until you start to get a cake-like batter. When finished, add the lemon juice and vanilla and stir together. Drop the batter into muffin molds (whether it be paper, aluminum, a silicone tray, etc.) and sprinkle a little sugar on top for an extra crunch. Pop in the oven for 22-25 minutes until a toothpick test comes out clean.

Hope you guys like them as much as I did!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Schmidt1989

In reading the recipe...I know they are delicious! I am thinking the (lemon zest) gives this recipe that extra kick! I am going to try them. Thanks for the recipe....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 12:35 PM
link   
I forgot to add a step!!! I'm sorry, but ATS has a 4 hour editing window (have they always had this?).

The reason you separate the eggs is because you then whip up the egg white until they form soft peaks, then fold that into the muffin batter. It really makes them light and airy and amazing.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   
One word describes this post.......YUM! Will have to try these thanks OP!

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I'm not crazy about lemony things either, but I have actually tried substituting it with oranges... Using orange zest and orange juice and milk instead of the yogurt... Absolute BEST poppy seed cupcakes ever!

new topics

top topics

join