It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Religion theory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:29 PM
link   
First off, I am sorry if my post offends anyone.

I think that all religions were made to 'fill in the gaps'.Early humans didn't understand how things work, so they created great and amazing stories to help fill in the blanks.

I'm not saying that all religion is bad,they do have some good values, but I think that there is no 'god'.

But in some more modern religions, some of the events might of happened.Take Christianity for instance, Jesus probably did exist, and some events may have happened, but the Bible was written by a human being. He or she could have seen it in a different perspective, or could have exaggerated to make the story more interesting.

This is just my opinion.
Once again, I am sorry if I offended anyone

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:18 AM
link   
We all have many desires and there is always something that will fulfill that desire. We desire to eat and there is such a thing as food, we desire to make love and there is such a thing as sex, a duck desires to swim and there is such a thing as water. No matter what the desire there is always something that will fulfill that desire. So if we all desire to know God and have eternal life, well I believe that there must be something to fulfill that desire.

Yes the people who wrote the bible were men, but they wrote what God inspired to write. If it was written by man without any divine inspiration, then why does it show man to be fallible and bad, but glorifies God from beginning to end.

2 Peter 1:21 says for prophecy never came by the will of man, but holy men of God spoke as they were moved by the Holy Spirit.

posted on Oct, 10 2004 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by rosebeforetime
We all have many desires and there is always something that will fulfill that desire. We desire to eat and there is such a thing as food, we desire to make love and there is such a thing as sex, a duck desires to swim and there is such a thing as water. No matter what the desire there is always something that will fulfill that desire. So if we all desire to know God and have eternal life, well I believe that there must be something to fulfill that desire.

Amen ...

new topics

join