It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fukushima Daiichi workers ordered to cover dosimeters with lead plates (PHOTO)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   
This is my first thread on ATS, so if I'm doing this wrong or it doesn't belong here, I apologize and please move.

I just came across this article and I wanted to share it.

An executive from a Tokyo Electric Power Co. subcontractor tried to force its workers at the crisis-hit Fukushima Daiichi nuclear power plant to cover their radiation monitoring meters with plates made of lead in an apparent attempt to underreport radiation exposure.

I'm thinking about ordering a radiation monitoring device myself and publish the locations and results. I think everybody should do the same.

Maybe we could use ATS to post the results?

Source: enenews.com... kers-ordered-to-cover-dosimeters-with-lead-plate

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Stiglitz

That is so beyond what I thought humans should be like when I was little..

Course now I know better.

I am not surprised, but I am disgusted. I thought something like this would be the case. Thought it would be just fake numbers. This is even more telling. They KNEW already..

If there is one thing in this world I have capacity to hate it's people who lie to manipulate other people, effectively nullifying their freewill. In this case the free will to health, and maybe even life... What losers.
edit on 7/21/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:28 AM
link   
Mmhh...could this explain why Takashi Uesugi (former New York Times) measured more than 1100% of the radiation officially reported

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:51 AM
link   
Perhaps you should post a link with info about where we could actually buy one, if you want to actually do it, that is...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:11 AM
link   
well that is one of the things that happen on non-union jobs.... while often unions go overboard asking for too much money they are the only ones who can stop an employer from doing things like this...

this contractor should be banned from doing any work in a nuke plant... period!

the sad truth is that anyone could determine what the radiation levels were by using Newton's inverse Square Law...

www.ndt-ed.org...

during the Fukushima plant meltdowns I was getting the same calculations that were 1000 times the level being published. I thought it was my math but I was right!

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
reply to post by 3n19m470

Here you go:

on Amazon

Search google for "portable geiger counter".

edit on 22-7-2012 by Stiglitz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
Perhaps you should post a link with info about where we could actually buy one, if you want to actually do it, that is...

buying a pencil dosimeter is pretty useless unless you are in the vicinity of a large radioactive source. The biggest concern would be about internal contamination of radioactive particles. These particles are much more harmful if you get them internally where one small particle can cause cancer in the tissue.

then you would need a Geiger counter to measure dose and look for contaminated particles.

top topics

join