It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

I hate Saturdays now :(

page: 1
2

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Rants you say? You Romans watching all the poor slaves thrown to the lions. Struggling.. Losing... Waking up on Saturday.

I can't get to the chemist to get my useless meds. So day 6 now, and I still feel like I've woken up inside out. Washing the dishes feels like my arms are a mile long and the plates are mountain sized


And it's cold here... so Before I went to bed last night, I threw on about 3 jumpers and a thermal jacket.. it was like sleeping a cocoon. Oh and my hot water bottle. AHhh..

I struggle though the nightmares... god they don't even make sense any more. random bits and pieces that have no meaning.. but something with them stays.. :/.. and then this morning, I wake up, covered in sweat.

Sweat? I'm not that hot.. What the hell? I start ripping off clothing... and then I find it.. the GOD DAMNED EMPTY HOT WATER BOTTLE.. It'd burst.

Whoops there goes an arm, lions having a good old feast now..

Saturdays... who needs Saturdays... it's just a smug version of Sunday. All shiny and glowing pretending to be the rest of Friday.. You're NOT Friday, Saturday.. You're the start of Sunday... Even Sunday hates you.

Sunday.. ."Oh christ, here's Saturday.. time to get up.."

And I can't even have a cup of coffee because I already feel like I'm dancing while I'm sitting down..

rants.. this should be in the boring story forum..




posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:13 AM
link   
love Saturdays. It's a non day. Nothing to get up for and next day a day off



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   
Yeah, me too.

I have to work.

Least I got the whole week off this week.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
love Saturdays. It's a non day. Nothing to get up for and next day a day off


I used to think that... lol

Maybe I will again one day... oO




posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:18 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh
 


I used to make up my own days. Didn't really fit with everybody else though



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh
 


Hope you're alright mate.

Why isn't there a chemist open on a Saturday?

You're not that far out bush are you??



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Yeah, me too.

I have to work.

Least I got the whole week off this week.


Work and Study?! When you say you get the week off, you mean it's all study tho?

I'm surprised you're sane - I studied full time a few years back (hard for an adult in a room full of kids.. well I say kids... 20 somethings..) and I couldn't have imagined working also. I barely made it through training 7 days a week and working when I did tae-kwon do all those years ago.

Looking for work at the moment, but it's like looking for hens teeth at my age. Anything to keep occupied I guess.

All my options seem to point at IT again, but I don't particularly want to get back into that. Having worked at a large technical college run by the government here, it's very easy to dislike the bureaucracy which leads to tension with lecturers and staff..

Ha now that's a topic I could rant all day on!! lol



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:24 AM
link   
5 days of work, one whole day of play, come on everybody wear your roller skates today.



Maybe you would feel better if you put your roller skates on.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:26 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh
 


That's why I leave two hard days for my jager.



oh, the relaxation.

I'm so not looking forward to studying statistics. My brother said it took him 3 tries to get it all down. I hope it only takes me 1. So nervous.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by mainidh
 


Hope you're alright mate.

Why isn't there a chemist open on a Saturday?

You're not that far out bush are you??



I'd have to walk and it's a good 45 min walk from where I live -- and being out doors as it is for me is like jumping into the ocean.. lol

I'm planning for it tomorrow tho, they're open sundays too and they have my script there already.

I've read up on mirtazapine withdrawal and man those people weren't exaggerating.. Haha It's almost like how I used to feel as a teenager coming home from a good night out.. wink wink..

And I left those years long behind me for a reason :-/

Haha at least it's not a masterchef marathon on the tv. I could either continue to try and learn farsi, read a book or check the gazillion AA batteries I have here to see which ones are above 1.2v for my doodads..

I actually wish I was out bush, sadly stuck right in the middle of the cannington area, I could maybe go for a walk if I were out bush. That's my plan one day anyway, fingers crossed!!

Cheers mate!!



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeussusZ
reply to post by mainidh
 


I used to make up my own days. Didn't really fit with everybody else though


Haha good plan though! I reinvented Mondays when I was in primary school. If someone didn't attend class on a Monday, the teacher would look at me and say "Seems so-and-so is chucking a *insert my last name*" and all the class would laugh..

And they wonder why I never turned up on Mondays lol.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr
5 days of work, one whole day of play, come on everybody wear your roller skates today.

Maybe you would feel better if you put your roller skates on.


Haha, for some reason hearing that just reminds me of "Don't worry, be Happy" that I used to hear every Saturday when it first came out...



My skates are a bit hard to roll on carpet.. ^ I actually had a pair like that!!



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Manhater
reply to post by mainidh
 


That's why I leave two hard days for my jager.



oh, the relaxation.

I'm so not looking forward to studying statistics. My brother said it took him 3 tries to get it all down. I hope it only takes me 1. So nervous.


Jager!!
Dangerous stuff, well.. on a New Years eve when we can't decide what to get so we get a bottle of our own poison each.. I chose Jager. And then it was January... oO

lol

Ahh good luck with your study!!



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:37 AM
link   
Sorry to hear that mate, everyone needs a day off. If you believe in god it took a day of rest
When ever I feel anxious or have a bought with restless legs I came across this tea www.yogiproducts.com... . Now I usually tend to thumb my nose as one would say to all the herbal remedy stuff but that tea really does seem to do the trick for me. If you do try it I hope it help. Also I can find it just about anywhere all the local grocery giants around sell it.



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by furling
Sorry to hear that mate, everyone needs a day off. If you believe in god it took a day of rest
When ever I feel anxious or have a bought with restless legs I came across this tea www.yogiproducts.com... . Now I usually tend to thumb my nose as one would say to all the herbal remedy stuff but that tea really does seem to do the trick for me. If you do try it I hope it help. Also I can find it just about anywhere all the local grocery giants around sell it.


Kava is a prohibited import here in Australia. Can't buy it online. Can't bring it in. Only Polynesian people can bring it in for cultural use. It's illegal to sell in most if not all states unless you are a pharmacist and only to people with a prescription, which you have to get from a doctor. Who will not give you one.

Possession of it, is to be in possession of a controlled substance.

I used to buy it from Klin Kava before it became taboo - the Indigenous people were given it in remote communities to stem alcohol abuse and petrol sniffing. Then some twat said it caused liver damage. Now it's proven it does not, it's still illegal.

For thousands of years the Polynesians have used it culturally..

I'll have a look for the tea, but having done the ritual for so long with the powdered root, it's not the same. Klin also sold instant kava - just add water. It was like drinking mud but wow so relaxing. I had a little too much once and couldn't focus on the monitor as I was replying to a post on the shaman-australia forums.. haha..

It's sometimes a shame to live here. Kava is 100000% a better anxiolytic than any rx med. and 100% natural. It's just a form of pepper. I hate politicians..


edit on 21-7-2012 by mainidh because: clarified the doc/purchase bits..



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:31 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh
 



Sweat? I'm not that hot.. What the hell? I start ripping off clothing... and then I find it.. the GOD DAMNED EMPTY HOT WATER BOTTLE.. It'd burst.



Hang in there brother, one more sleep to go



posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Perhaps

reply to post by mainidh
 



Sweat? I'm not that hot.. What the hell? I start ripping off clothing... and then I find it.. the GOD DAMNED EMPTY HOT WATER BOTTLE.. It'd burst.



Hang in there brother, one more sleep to go


Sleep... Those little slices of death!! Or in my case, that gateway to the evil underworld of my subconscious!!




new topics

top topics



 
2

log in

join