It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

7/21/2012 -- FBI theater attack warning issued on May 17, 2012

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I don't think it is low. Maybe someone paid attention to the warnings or just modeled their attack plan based on how others have already did it.

If this were a unique plan, and they warned of it, then I'd be suspicious. The warning is legitimate. It's kind of like a copycat crime.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:50 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

all those requirements are already in place. You can't buy a concealed firearm in the US without a background check. You can't buy certain weapons. Getting a license is a long process that has interviews, fingerprinting, the need for character references, allot of things.

You can't buy fully automatic weapons. As far as rifles and semi automatic weapons, you have mandatory courses people need to take. You can't even take a bow into the woods to hunt without a license and registering that you will be hunting each season. You need to take safety courses to shoot even a bow.

As far as concealed weapons, each state for the most part has strict regulation in place and it is more of a hassle to get a legal handgun than a rifle.

It is not out of control. Illegal firearms constitute the majority of violent crime. The government lets them flow in our country for many reasons not aligned with public safety as the main concern.

If weapons started to be confiscated now the only thing we would see happen is an increase in illegal weapons unofficially sanctioned by the US government federally, and punished by the state localy.

We would see an increase of violent crime. Regardless of what people say, the threat of being shot is enough to deter at least amateur criminals from breaking into homes and attacking people at their digression. Now people defend themselves at their digression so many just don't go that extra mile just in case. No one wants to get shot so many avoid bar fights and needless confrontation.

Take that away suddenly and all the paper gangsters will start to get cocky. Then we have real problems. Angry people with clubs can kill more than scared people with guns.

edit on 22-7-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:48 AM
link   
I saw this document in the webpage. Posted quite early in one of the bigger threads here about the shooting.
Possible that James H saw the document and got inspiration from it?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I don't think it really means anything. FBI has warned of these things happening at most large public gatherings. The only difference is that thankfully nobody has taken advantage of the lack of security in most places.

NOTE: I'm not saying all places should have scanners or anything like that, just making mention that there are places that would be easy to stage an attack because it's so open.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:11 AM
link   
My first thought was "Man, what a sick twisted POS, just another psycho roaming the streets". Then after gaining more information on the guy, I started to think it seemed kind of fishy. Seeing this document, imo, puts the the initial report of what/how/who happened in serious question. You don't just bust your ass getting through college and well on your way to getting a doctorate and throw it all away unless you've got a LEGIT reason, i would think anyways. I think the only way the FBI could have known this would/might happen when this was posted in May would be if it was a staged operation to fill some purpose or agenda. Terrorists are setting off bombs and killing people anywhere and everywhere in the middle east, which makes me wonder why it'd be so important to warn of possible attacks on a movie theater when they could warn about stadiums, malls, etc. as someone pointed out already. If it was a government job, what would the purpose be of releasing May document? To be able to later say "oh look at us, we called this one, but unfortunately it wasn't a terrorist doing the shooting, so we couldn't catch him." Based on what I know so far, I haven't come to a final opinion, but I don't think this guy just went off the deep end>
edit on 7/22/2012 by wrequembix because: add on

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by quedup
Take a look at this warning - telling people to watch out for events in theaters/Cinemas now that really sets me off thinking, don't know about you guys.

7/21/2012 -- FBI theater attack warning issued on May 17, 2012

My OPINION on the 1st thread about this incident called into question the fact that the US Government was behind it. ATF or DHS or FBI or CIA or NSA encited this young man to do it because of the July 27th 2012 date the UN is supposed to go for World Wide Ban on Small Arms with 193 countries signing, including the USA. People have forgotten Randy Weaver and David Koresh. They have forgotten about the LIBERAL LEFT that wants to disarm the people when the BILL OF RIGHTS is very clear on the 2nd Amendment issues.

Taking from us the RIGHT to KEEP AND BEAR ARMS means that we are DEFENSELESS to strike down TYRANNY if we have to as a PEOPLE and we have a RIGHT TO DO SO.
edit on 7/22/2012 by Labrynth2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
I'm just putting this out there , I'm not a comic book fan but could it possibly be a set up by movie producers trying to sabotage the first weekend of the new batman movie ?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:18 AM
link   
If anyone thinks this is was random attack and this paper is just a coincidence then you need to wake up!!!

This is not coincidence! Almost two months to the day - and the very attack they "warned" about took place?
I'm really starting to lean towards the Manchurian candidate theory.
First of all - the killer himself doesn't add up. If he intended to be the joker (which by accounts seems pretty accurate) and he did infact wire up his apartment on top of committing the killings on the theater, WHY would he tell the police about his booby trapped apartment!?

What I'm about to say is going to be cold, and I am VERY thankful that no one else lost their life in this tragedy. With that said, if you wanted to emulate the joker, then causing as much mayhem and death is the modus operandi. It makes no sense for the killer to have apathy after the fact and by telling the police his apartment was booby trapped is, as it were - out of character - literally.

However, if he were a Manchurian, he might have snapped out of it after the chaos he caused in the theater. One certainly wonders. If anyone doubts that our own government would use terrorist attacks on it's own citizens to accomplish a goal then I direct your attention to Operation Northwoods.

I don't want anyone telling me that our Government hasn't AT THE HIGHEST LEVELS considered killing us for whatever reason. They have considered it since the 60's at a MINIMUM. Consider that Northwoods was concieved by the Pentagon and the Joint Chiefs of Staff. If they were willing to do it, you can bet the CIA / NSA / and even possibly the FBI has certainly run clandestine ops against American Citizens. You're living in denial if you think otherwise.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Was the guy screaming ALLAH ACKBAR!!!?

That would be the scariest thing about that shooting. And a organized Al-Qaeda or Iran action in the US where dozens of suicide gunman go off in movie theaters, sporting events, and other places where a crowd of people are at.

And if it was a Iranian operation that might have been a warning of what they could do if the US keeps provoking them. Do you dare attack Iran if they claim they have hundreds of operatives in the US and they will go into action if and when the next Gulf war starts?

That's what I think would give the government nightmares.
edit on 22-7-2012 by ntech because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
Maybe he was just portraying what many have been saying.

We all deserve to be shot for our iggnorance (ignoring all the warnings of our great Countries demise).

As far as im concerned, AMERICA gunned down those people.

Each and everyone of you are to blame for your support of legalizing the automatic weapons that provide the means to do this.

Then again, he may as well just used a bomb, but for some reason, American Terrorists prefer guns, probably because you can buy all the ammo you need from walmart.

Though, it does seem like prefect timing and a good excuse to redo your gun laws... it could have very well been planned. Nothing is beyond the realm of possability,

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   
yes,i believe the "massacre"at the virginia colledge was the largest one in american history...i believe he "cho",killed 32 people

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Here it is. Repost in case folks are having a hard time finding it.

publicintelligence.net...

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I know the gun laws differ from state to state. Most Australians don't have a firearm at all however Sydney is going through a wave of shootings right now by bikie gangs. How the hell illegal firearms manage to get through our borders I don't know unless there's people on the inside in Customs or some soldiers/veterans are getting them on to the black market.

If it means you have to go through a long process of getting a gun licence then so be it. Personally, I think with 350M population in the USA, it's way too late now to try and remove guns off the population because 1. they don't have that kind of manpower and 2. it means they have to thoroughly search every nook and cranny in the USA to find them. It's impossible at this point in time.

I don't know exactly what the US Feds have in mind, wish I knew, but I agree, it won't stop the black market.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

And besides all that, if one was inclined to take out a lot of people, then a crowded place is obvious.

Then a dark, noisy cinema is even more obvious, really.

It doesn't take a criminal mastermind of evil government entity to come up with a plan to go on a shooting spree in a theater.

And the DHS obviously felt it was a viable threat.

Same as they feel a cyanide attack or a vehicle ramming attack is a viable threat...It's damned if they do, damned if they don't isn't it?

They try to cover all bases and the nuts claim they must have inside knowledge.
They don't do anything about it and the nuts claim they are inept and/or let it happen...

Then I have an idea...why don't they just stop issuing these kind of "warnings" about how many different ways people might try to kill us? I think most human beings are capable of surmising the various methods that terrorists can use to cause catastrophe if they want to. These warnings are good for nothing except for keeping an element of fear in the air.

They can shove their "warnings" where the sun doesn't shine and let people go about the business of living.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by rick004
I'm just putting this out there , I'm not a comic book fan but could it possibly be a set up by movie producers trying to sabotage the first weekend of the new batman movie ?

And how would that work, exactly?

They just call up random people who live in the area and ask them if they'd be interested in throwing the rest of their life down the toilet by shooting up the theater so that "Batman" tanks?

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by boncho

Yep, somewhere Bin Laden is smiling in his grave (if hes really dead....)
edit on 22-7-2012 by Vrill because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrequembix
My first thought was "Man, what a sick twisted POS, just another psycho roaming the streets". Then after gaining more information on the guy, I started to think it seemed kind of fishy. Seeing this document, imo, puts the the initial report of what/how/who happened in serious question. You don't just bust your ass getting through college and well on your way to getting a doctorate and throw it all away unless you've got a LEGIT reason, i would think anyways. I think the only way the FBI could have known this would/might happen when this was posted in May would be if it was a staged operation to fill some purpose or agenda. Terrorists are setting off bombs and killing people anywhere and everywhere in the middle east, which makes me wonder why it'd be so important to warn of possible attacks on a movie theater when they could warn about stadiums, malls, etc. as someone pointed out already. If it was a government job, what would the purpose be of releasing May document? To be able to later say "oh look at us, we called this one, but unfortunately it wasn't a terrorist doing the shooting, so we couldn't catch him." Based on what I know so far, I haven't come to a final opinion, but I don't think this guy just went off the deep end>
edit on 7/22/2012 by wrequembix because: add on

If he had a political ideological rationale for what he did, he is indeed a terrorist.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:03 PM
link   
FACT: I totally remember reading that FBI Warning months ago, And thought yeah right ,,
.. I think I saw it on cryptome.

And even have it in my mind I saw Diane Sawyer mention it on abc eve news ??

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Well, we have many interesting theories and it's not just the warning from the FBI - even if you take that out of the equation I think most would agree that - 'this guy just doesn't fit the picture'. It's like trying to fit a square peg in a round hole - it simply doesn't fit.

Thanks for all the answers, I'm still reading them and some of them are very thought provoking.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
We do realize how many theaters were opening with The Dark Knight Rises, correct? And how many FBI or law enforcement personnel would be required to cover all of these theaters?

How the hell were they supposed to prevent this from happening?

It was not meant to be prevented.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join