It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Heath Ledger Columbine Denver Airport

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
reply to post by nightstalker78

Yeah thats not true.

You gun fearing types should avoid Texas.

Thats the problem with Colorado though. Even though it is a gun wielding state. Most that live there are not properly educated when it comes to firearms.

I don't fear guns.I don't own any but I really don't care if anyone else does as long as they're responsible about it.

This could happen anywhere in the US and that's what scary.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:52 AM
link   
reply to post by thehoneycomb

What does that mean?

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Funny thing is. These types of things happen in states like Colorado and not Texas.

That was my only point I guess.

Colorado is an open carry state. But if you have ever been there you will never see someone open carry. Most people there give a crap and they do not promote responsible gun ownership unless in smaller towns.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Well it just means that Texas is a little bit more organized as a state thats all.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:55 AM
link   

Ah, wrong. Simply not true.

CJ

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

It depends where you go though. I am not stating that the majority of people there are irresponsible gun owners. I am just stating that as a whole it is more liberal.

ETA: That and you got the whole Federal Government up in your mess...no offense however.
edit on 21-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:00 AM
link   

Funny thing is. These types of things happen in states like Colorado and not Texas.

That was my only point I guess.

Colorado is an open carry state. But if you have ever been there you will never see someone open carry. Most people there give a crap and they do not promote responsible gun ownership unless in smaller towns.

No,fact is these things happen everywhere in the US every day.Sure,maybe not on that scale but...it does happen. Have you ever been to a ghetto? Such as parts of Philadelphia or Camden? Perhaps you don't know about Charles Whitman? That happened in Texas.So don't sit there and say nothing like that has happened in Texas.
edit on 21-7-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:05 AM
link   

Whitman was a marine so that doesn't count. That kind of stuff could happen anywhere. and generally speaking most gun crimes happen in the cities and states with the worst or MOST gun control restrictions. Particulalry the north and East Coast. Colorado however is sought by the federal government IMO that is why some of the craziest things happen there.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   

Whitman was a marine so that doesn't count. That kind of stuff could happen anywhere.

Yeah,that's what I was getting at dude.Isn't that what I said? It happens everywhere,even Texas.People are #ing nuts.Guns are getting into the wrong hands.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:12 AM
link   

Guns should be in every law abiding citizens hands. Instead of cracking down on legal gun ownership we should be promoting it. Every US citizen has a right to self defense.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:17 AM
link   

I agree...but you and I both know it doesn't work that way. I'm all for legal gun ownership. But have a look in the ghettos of the US.Guns are getting in the wrong hands.And really now it's beyond that.That's a discussion for another time though.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:20 AM
link   

Well it is. But Colorado IS an open carry state. NO EXCUSES. Somebody there was not doing their duty as being an armed american. One good citizen could have prevented that. Or at least lessened the impact.

Besides, the shooter had automatic and unconventional weapons not generally available to civilians. He was probably a fast and furious whack job.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:28 AM
link   

Oh come on now.Who the hell would carry a gun to a god damn movie theater? Seriously?

No one goes thinking "oh I might get shot,or others might,so I gotta grab my gun just in case"

You're not doing advocates of open carry any favors with the comments you just made.

ETA : One citzen could've prevented that? Are you serious? Do you not realize what this guy was carrying? Most people wouldn't react fast enough to stop him.You can try to be and internet hero and say you'd do this or that..but fact is you wouldn't have done #.
edit on 21-7-2012 by nightstalker78 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:30 AM
link   

Law abiding gun owners should carry a hand gun ALWAYS.

I have a bad habit of not doing it myself. But its moments like these that serve as a reminder..

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   
I read somewhere today that the theater doesn't allow guns in.Only off duty police officers were exempt.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Let's say you were there.A hand gun wouldn't have done anything.He probably would've shot you before you could've even got off a round. Stop being delusional. There wouldn't have been anything you or anyone else carrying a hand gun could've done.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
reply to post by AgentX09

The more and more I think about it. I think we should be allowed to carry everywhere. There are many places that suggest you don't carry. But often times if you read the fine print, they only ask that you keep your weapons concealed.

In any case, the TSA doesn't frisk people at the movie theaters YET.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:38 AM
link   

maybe not. dude had a smoke screen and automatic weapons. I still would have tried though before letting him shoot innocent people and especially children.

Anyways, this nobody had auto weapons and unconventional weapons, some weapons most people can not get. I can hear the government coming to take our arms right now.
edit on 21-7-2012 by thehoneycomb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:44 AM
link   

You forgot one vital piece of info.

There was also a mad psychopath shooting up a random theatre yesterday!

I wonder what it all means...

Oh wait...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by mainidh

I didn't miss that genius.

It seems to be all the rage today.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join