It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Colorado Massacre a Result of Attacking Christianity?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by LDragonFire

Christians are limiting the rights of gays and trying to limit the rights of Muslims

That line is hilarious. Wtf do you think Muslims do to gays? huh?

Your gonna justify what one group does to another? Does it make it right? Do you you know what Muslims do to women? So should Christianity have that right also?

Im not justifying anything. Im just pointing out how hilariously stupid your post is. You try to make a point about what Christians do to gays and Muslims but you dont mention what Muslims countries do to gays.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

Christians are limiting the rights of gays and trying to limit the rights of Muslims

That line is hilarious. Wtf do you think Muslims do to gays? huh?

Your gonna justify what one group does to another? Does it make it right? Do you you know what Muslims do to women? So should Christianity have that right also?

Im not justifying anything. Im just pointing out how hilariously stupid your post is. You try to make a point about what Christians do to gays and Muslims but you dont mention what Muslims countries do to gays.

ok I see, perhaps you can enlighten me on how Christianity is being attacked? In America.

The thread claims that this horror happened because of Christians being attacked, who is attacking them and how?

Its much easier to point out Christian attacks towards other groups than to point out attacks towards Christianity.

edit on 21-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

edit on 21-7-2012 by LDragonFire because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

Please do not take this offensively because it is not meant to be. You still missed at least where I am coming from (spiritually/philosophically). I agree with the argument that the Abrahamic God is not one for a role model. I also agree that the laws written down in the Bible hold no more divine significance for the human race than something I write on a piece of paper. The Abrahamic God does belong to a set of people and they are called Semitic People. YHWH is there God which was originally one among many. When they eliminated all but him in their pantheon they became the first known monotheistic sect in humanity. What resulted was a universalizing of faith; but like all things, if it is made for all it shall work for none.

For those people who are not Semitic the adoption of YHWH as their God is an imposition of a foreign relation to the divine. This detaches those people from the divine itself because the divine only can arise organically out of the "tribe" and the individual. For this reason the OT and NT laws become divine laws detached from their divinely shaped character. They hold no personal meaning to the people than what their conscious permits, yet true "law" can only stem from the divine which transcends man's conscious. All those besides Semites who have adopted these universalized faiths have basically suppressed their inner truth, both of themselves and their "tribe".

Yet light still shines through the cracks. Just consider how Christianity took shape in different areas; appealing to their native culture. Even then the pre-Christian belief system does not go anywhere, it still holds a place in the heart of men. Through this we get fairies, trolls, gnomes, elves, dwarfs, giants, dragons, a sense of awe of the discarded Gods, and the continued reverence of ancient lore such as Beowulf. Man will still have his yearning for what is true to his people and himself. Like they say: you can take the monkey out of the jungle, but you cannot take the jungle out of the monkey. The same is true of man: you can take the man out of Paganism, but you cannot take the Paganism out of the man.

*I use Paganism as the term for all natural, organic spiritual beliefs arising out of cultures prior to adoption of monotheism.*

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

The thread claims that this horror happened because of Christians being attacked, who is attacking them and how?

I never claimed to support this theory, I think its absurd to be honest.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

I agree, and some light does shine through the cracks. Christianity has some very true values. The words of Jesus, mostly, are universal truths that resonate with mankind, although I do think some of his biblical citations have been tampered with. In the end, the Christian religion belongs to churches, while the teachings of Jesus need to be applied personally and with discernment.

It's the same with Buddhism. Some very high values came from the words of Buddha, but the religion has been subverted as has all the major religions. Which is why morality shouldn't be defined by churches, but by that illusive inner light.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by acmpnsfal

There was nothing about Yahweh or Yeshua in this attack. The fellow is clearly not even christian, no one that knows the truth would bother doing this because it breaks Christ's second commandment. Just because a person goes to church doesn't mean theyre one of us, we got churches all over the place with people who think just being a member, or sitting on the front pew, or paying tithes or being a pastor's friend will get you in and it doesn't work that way. His claims of being "the Joker" portray him of being mentally unstable and deranged. If you're a christian you know to expect persecution, because Yeshua told us we would be persecuted. This seems like a cop-out to deny responsibility, or in the very least another move towards branding real christians as terrorists for the purpose of "culling the herd".
edit on 21-7-2012 by lonewolf19792000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:19 PM
link   
Accorading to this, the "Christian Post" tells the shooter was seen as a "Normal Christian Boy", that went to Presbyterian church and was polite to folks.

It would appear the Congress person trying to claim some faked up claim on the Shooter as attacking the Christians, is more like a Christian has gone wild in attacking a theater and liking Joker's Chaos theme more than living per the Jesus theme.

Looks more like the church is failing to teach moral compass, but the churches are despirate to pass the blame to anyone and everyone else.

www.christianpost.com...

James Holmes, Colorado Shooter, Described as 'Normal' Christian Boy

----------

James Eagan Holmes has been described as a shy and well-mannered young man by a neighbor, who claims the Colorado shooting suspect was heavily involved in his local Presbyterian church.

---------

Holmes reportedly went to high school in San Diego before attending the University of Colorado at Denver, where he studied neuroscience.

These are the End-Times and numerous issues for religion are being exposed, and some of these factors could well have set off this shooting in Aurora. It appears more like the Churches are being cornered with too much embellishments of their stories, and discovery of these issues is going to cause issues for church folks believing they have been misled.

How that relates to a Movie Threater, is via the Chaos theme, and the resistance against Gotham, which is New York City, as used by Washington Irving. Sounds a bit like a mini-911 theme in Aurora, again from religion linked issues.

So, this Congress person is trying to help the church deflect blame, and spinning the story. It is so spun that it fails on face value as just inaccurate. But that will buy him some votes from the churches in denial of their role in this issue.

Itt is pretty bad when a kid that was highly involved in the church takes up the role of Joker, and not that for Jesus. Sounds like the churches failed miserably from here.

edit on 21-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: Christianity foundations are falling because the were not built on sound dogma and real history.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by article

You want gun restrictions loosened? They are already extremey lax. Like pretty much anyone can obtain a gun. But if my OP came off as dumping on christianity and guns thats your perception. Everything I stated about christianity is true and solving the gun problem with more guns is just asinine.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:56 PM
link   
Reply to post by 3n19m470

You are being over dramatic. I never in this thread advocated for guns to be outlawed. I just want stricted rules as to who gets their hand on them.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Reply to post by lonewolf19792000

See your post tries to distance extreme christians for the more moderate ones. The point I was trying to make in the OP with what I said about christianity is that its not inherently good if at all. The book that people use as a guide has a lot of nasty stuff in it and people seem to like to pretend its not there. So to come out and say this act happened because some America is loosening its ties with christianity makes no sense.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Factor this one in:

[ex

www.youtube.com...

]FBI theater attack warning issued on May 17, 2012

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by MagnumOpus

Oh wow thats crazy. This doesnt seem like a terrorist attack to me I feel like its just a random act of violence. But I am interested to see what information comes out about his motives ect.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:53 AM
link   
Reply to post by MagnumOpus

Oh wow thats crazy. This doesnt seem like a terrorist attack to me I feel like its just a random act of violence. But I am interested to see what information comes out about his motives ect.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword
reply to post by Startruth144

Back in the '50's and 60's the adults were still traumatized by the war and brainwashed by the propaganda. People didn't "know" their religions, they were ignorant slaves, and happy with their picket fences and bank loans. They had refridgerators, toasters, cars and transistor radios! No need to work on spirituality, that was weird stuff to them.

It's their complacency and willingness to build this society on the back of WWII and the Korean War and Vietnam. Killing the commies was all they cared about, oh and Humphrey Bogart, John Wayne and Ronald Reagan.

Here at our house we were just discussing this very issue last evening. How technologies had overpowered our brains, and collective thought, and were talking over for our logical thinking process. Creating for us, Humankind, a world of technologies that do everything for us......

The Future Earth scene in this Movie makes me sick every time I think about it.
I remember when kids went outside and played. Before the days of X-Box, I-Pad, Android, Wii, MTV, Stereo, CD players, Color Televisions that get 300 channels. (we got 3 on a good day) We had comic books, and toy guns that looked real and shot plastic bullets. We had BB guns, and Swiss Army knives. At night, we sat in the main room and read books, or talked. At 9-10:00 we went to bed, because were tired. We had a garden, and chickens, and a milk cow, all needed care each day, before school and after. During planting season, we had to work, everybody except the babies. It was a different world then.

Today's World I hardly recognize any more. Seems like everyone has some kind of electronic device on, or in, or glued to their ears. The cars they drive like alien spacecraft, cars and everything else has to style anymore. The friendly cop on the corner is not dressed in black, and carries an assault rifle. Street lights have cameras on them, and you cannot go anywhere without seeing one of these:

Planet Earth, from my point of view, is descending into an even lower frequency that they were before. Does anyone think for even a second that all of this electronic-magnetic energy waves bouncing all around all the time wouldn't affect our brains, our thinking process? And look at what would happen to most everyone if one day the power grid went down, and didn't come back on again?
Just recently here in Ohio we had a storm and power blackout. People were walking around in a daze, some were even still holding their non working cell phones, which some were down for a few hours, and there was no power to charge the batteries. Within a day the store shelves were mostly emptied of anything that made light, or cooked food, or powered electronics. (batteries)
I remember thinking to myself, what would it be like if the power never came back on? How long would it take before civilized people again became savages?

Sorry to go so long, Windword, you inspired me.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 10:52 AM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

Last summer, we had a power outage that took out most of Southern California. The silence was amazing! Even my ears stopped ringing!

I did miss the airconditioner though.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   
Looks like today is the 1 year anniversary for the Norway Youth Camp shootings.

en.wikipedia.org...

Perhaps the Aurora shooter had something like that in mind, since that one was two days earlier than 22rd.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by acmpnsfal
What do you think?

I think the guy's a nut job who should be shown the door.

He's like a vulture who feeds off the dead.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:31 PM
link   
A few more little details leaking out:

www.nypost.com...

The man is also a student at the same school where Holmes was a doctoral candidate — and someone made a call from his phone threatening violence if Holmes was not released, Fox 31 television in Denver said.

The man’s neighbors said a SWAT team and other cops have been at his home for the past two days.

A later report said the man was an associate of Holmes and was questioned last night, ABC 7 Denver said. The person was picked up after the threat was traced via an electronic communication through a router at the man’s home, the station said.

------------

Holmes had worked as a camp counselor in 2008.

Randy Schwab, director of Camp Max Straus, told the Los Angeles Times that Holmes was responsible for “the care and guidance of a group of approximately 10 children.”

Sounds like the Police are looking for other connections in Aurora.

Plus, the Camp Max Straus is a Jewish funded Big Bother / Big Sister secular camp for poor kids located in Glendale, California. HQ seems to be on Wiltshire Blvd in Los Angeles, Ca.. Max Straus appears to have been a recording pioneer, from Germany originally.

edit on 22-7-2012 by MagnumOpus because: little details

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join