It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun Control means hitting your target.

page: 10
<< 7  8  9   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 06:38 AM
link   
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Actually Hitler did not bring in gun control in Germany - please see this document: ir.lawnet.fordham.edu...

posted on Jan, 13 2013 @ 01:03 PM
link   
First a guy dismisses all statistics because"The numbers don't look good" yet bases his own premis SOLELY on his own.The someone else says it's racism Here is a guy I really respect:Allen West,he is black though I tend not to give much purpose to skin color.
We don't get very many cool progressives here do we? I've met a really nice muslim lady on this board.
I don't like SOCALISTS who revise history any more than I like those who have tried to teach propaganda to me in school. ,damn ALL numbers we are talking about individuals here. There is no one around when I go shooting to report to so how would use be recorded at all to measure any statistic?
They are an averages only.Statistics said I was going to die in Desert Storm.The ENTIRE DOD thought that, my command thought that,I didn't,Why,What makes me such a genius? Simple. Real history. The average Middle easterner is poor and has a limited future,these poor guys are forced in their duties to fight.I joined be cause I was good at it.Hostages make lousy fighters.
The Statistics were clear though 50% dead at 1st deployment..
So let that suffice as a dismissal of all tables,statistics and broad assessments.
We the PEOPLE are all that matters here and so far we ,in sufficient numbers blocked this latest PSYOP to take our guns away or limit our ability no engage a group of hostiles.
No means no. Find another answer.I control my guns.
edit on 13-1-2013 by cavtrooper7 because: missplled

posted on Jan, 17 2013 @ 01:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by AngryCymraeg
reply to post by EyesWideShut

Actually Hitler did not bring in gun control in Germany - please see this document: ir.lawnet.fordham.edu...

I'm at work and can't view PDF's

When the Nazis enacted their own law in 1938, they added restrictions aimed at Jews, such as not allowing Jews to work in any business involving guns. They also prohibited those under eighteen from buying guns, added yet another permit for handguns, and banned silencers and small hollow-point ammunition. Of course, Nazi officials were exempted from all gun permits. Later that year, after "Kristallnacht," Hitler forbade Jews to possess pretty much any weapons.

That said, and a bit tangential to this question (but I'd hate to leave something out AGAIN), Cramer says the Nazis did benefit significantly from gun control in Eastern Europe in terms of "the inability of their victims to fight back." He cites The Holocaust, a book by Leni Yahil (translated by Ina Friedman and Haya Galai, Oxford University Press, 1990), which has a chapter discussing armed resistance by Jews, including rebellions with just a few firearms and a lot of courage. In addition, he talks about Israel Guttman's book, Resistance: The Warsaw Ghetto Uprising, which discusses the difficulty the Jews faced in obtaining weapons.

Cramer believes that "if the population of Eastern Europe were as well armed as the average American, the Nazis would have lost much of their military capacity attempting to implement the Holocaust." I'm not sure I'd go that far, but it's certainly difficult to have an uprising without weapons.

To summarize, Hitler did "effect total gun control," but only for the Jews, and only after his regime had been in power for several years. For the rest of the population he relied on laws already in place.

www.straightdope.com...

<< 7  8  9   >>

join