It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are very few people left who can see

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Do you supposed there are certain characteristics or traits that enable a person to be hypnotized? What about this guy James Holmes who shot up a theater in Colorado? Many people say he was a loner, didn't talk much but was incredibly intelligent. Are these markers for being easily hypnotized? What I find strange is he was in theater and received a phone call. Rather than turn it off he answered it and then went out the exit door, propping it open. Did someone activate his brain to do this?

It's just a thought, as many things don't make sense about his actions.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:44 AM
link   
Dear OP,

I understand what you are attempting to explain, and it is not just about some circus hypnotist act but on a broader spectrum - our man made, man socially engineered environment.

Your first post is the very meaning of what you are talking about. I will illustrate what I mean.

After reading your 1st post, my consciouness immediately rejected your hypothesis, because a human's perception of reality is based upon his 5 senses - see, touch, smell, hear, taste, and one more vital sense - intelligence, to critically discern data based upon one's education background and experiences, to form an opinion.

You produced no quantifiable data to back up your claims. While I am no neurosurgeon, I am educated enough to search for data and information on the workings of the mind, and thus I reject your claims.

HOWEVER, your words flow into my subconcious mind, filled with bits and pieces of mind control data and subjects of which I may retrieve it one day by my conscious mind, to form an opinion. It was a new notion that by reading your post, it lays within my mind now.

On a broader sense, what it means to biz adverts and experienced social engineers would be to throw such new concepts and thoughts to its target audience-citizens. It doesnt matter if what was dished out were half truths or lies, such as those radical Islamists or right wingers loved to spout. It sticks to the mind.

The way to counter such social engineering tactics, which are propaganda and hateful commands detrimental to humankind, is to first rationalise such data with the concious mind - 5 senses and intelligence, to critically analyse those dish out data by checking and cross referencing to either accept or to reject.

UNFORTUNATELY, not many of mankind had the opportunity of eduction and varid experiences in life. For example, if an extremist Islamist were to spout his hate fill agendas to a goatherd, what would that rate of success be? Definately very high, for the goatherd had little opportunities with education, let alone experiences of life. The goatherd would be easily won over and allow his concious mind to accept half truths and lies are the full truth and reality.

And what rate of success would that similar mind game be upon a PHD of Maths. Perhaps equally so, if the PHD scholar is apathetic and cares nothing about politics, religion, etc, except for maths and teaching of maths, no other experiences in life, see life one dimensionally only, and lends his support to those causes when called upon.

Good mental excercise, thanks OP! :-)
edit on 22-7-2012 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
I have read the replies and I am glad some people see my point.

Any other points made against what I posted have been answered by other posters I feel. There are a few that I think are unanswered and ill answer below.

Thanks for posting either way.

It has been an interesting read for me and I hope it was for anyone else that read or contributed to the thread.

To anyone else that might feel this is a lot of nonsense, I have not claimed in this thread or any other that I hold all the answers, all I am doing is sharing knowledge gained from experience that actually works when put into practice.

edit on 23-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by XXXN3O

Hardly. There's has to be desire for that kind of thing to work. It's like the Imperius Curse: if you don't have even the slightest desire to do it, you won't.

There were three men who were hypnotized. All three were asked for money. One man lied and said he didn't have any. The third man couldn't reach his wallet. His hand wouldn't go near it. The third man snapped right out of it and left.

This is a true story. Look it up if you want, you might learn more that way.

This is my point though, if your conscious mind is actually able to see what is, for better a word, attacking it. It can defend against it.

Hypnotism was an example, during a hypnosis show, it is pretty obvious to any volunteer that their conscious mind must choose to go with it or a guard is up.

Otherwise it is not able to see anything coming as it is simply not aware.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 3n19m470
2 questions, as I start typing anyway...

We don't all have hypnotism following us around, so when this happens in everyday life, if they are not your own thoughts, and there is no hypnotist around, then who's thoughts are they??

How can you avoid this? Is it just something that happens when we get distracted, so the only real way is to try to stay focused and NOT get distracted to begin with? Seems like that would be impossible in certain situations... So, any tips?

I would say that their is hypnosis everywhere following us all around although NLP and subliminal suggestion might be a better term to use. TV adverts get past your conscious mind when you watch them, radio, news, political speeches, newspapers, posters and even online articles all influence every single one of us. Even if you think they do not, when you get angry at hearing something you disagree with it makes you just as vulnerable as someone who blindly believes anything they see or hear.

Personally I do not watch television anymore, listen to radio and have a critical eye when reading articles too but I know I myself am influenced.

Beyond that, its very difficult to avoid I think and I do not have all the answers, im just pointing something out to others which is important I believe.

Not every single thing in the world is bad and that is not what I am suggesting but there is an obvious negative section in things these days, just pay attention to what you are reading. Ask "Why?" is the way I look at things be it, why is this getting my attention, why am I angry at this, why am I agreeing with this and most of all do not lie to yourself.

This thread is really just a "For your information" and im quite pleasantly surprised by some of the responses.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Has any one else see batman and catwoman in the lil wayne video "my homies still," because I did.
It is 3min 45sec in you will have to pause.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
A perfect explanation, wow!

Kudos, you get my star and flag. And i'm stingy with these too

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Funny when I read your suggestions ... my mind replied to me (F... Y...)

a human feedback loop .... didn't do it for me....

no insult intended

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by InTheShadows
reply to post by XXXN3O

That's a pretty good explanation. It helps explain a lot of people I've met in my life and it also helps explain the things we do sometimes that we look back on and say "Why did I say that" or "Why did I do that".

It is a very hard thing to put into clear language if you get me.

I am glad you understood it.

To take this a bit further, in hypnosis, when a hypnotist says sleep. Your sub conscious feeds that suggestion back to your conscious mind and you fall asleep because you think its your own thoughts. This is why, on a bigger scale, our minds are far from our own when it comes to society and its bombardment of our minds.

edit on 20-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

So you're claiming one does not own their unconscious thoughts and they are more powerful than the conscious? You're eliminating an awful lot there. Reason and logic are part of the equation. Most everyone operates from the conscious and hypnosis is sometimes utilized to help a person reach their unconscious thoughts to allow them to act in a manner their conscious mind might not otherwise allow. I think you've oversimplified how this works and are confusing the issue by ascribing hypnosis as a state of consciousness. It's not from what I've read.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 10:34 PM
link   
OP, you wrote "....myself am influenced".
I now wonder... whether the observer effect is at play in us.
What if when one observes the invisible, the invisible itself changes.

Great thread.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Katy Perry - Wide Awake

Katy Perry - Firework

Detox the pineal. Iodide, does it. And alkaline foods. Good spirit. Be kind and positive in thoughts, words, deeds. Make thine eye single, and filled with light.

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Originally posted by XXXN3O

Originally posted by InTheShadows
reply to post by XXXN3O

That's a pretty good explanation. It helps explain a lot of people I've met in my life and it also helps explain the things we do sometimes that we look back on and say "Why did I say that" or "Why did I do that".

It is a very hard thing to put into clear language if you get me.

I am glad you understood it.

To take this a bit further, in hypnosis, when a hypnotist says sleep. Your sub conscious feeds that suggestion back to your conscious mind and you fall asleep because you think its your own thoughts. This is why, on a bigger scale, our minds are far from our own when it comes to society and its bombardment of our minds.

edit on 20-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

So you're claiming one does not own their unconscious thoughts and they are more powerful than the conscious? You're eliminating an awful lot there. Reason and logic are part of the equation. Most everyone operates from the conscious and hypnosis is sometimes utilized to help a person reach their unconscious thoughts to allow them to act in a manner their conscious mind might not otherwise allow. I think you've oversimplified how this works and are confusing the issue by ascribing hypnosis as a state of consciousness. It's not from what I've read.

No I am claiming that your conscious mind is the most in control or powerful part of your mind if you know how to use it.

Very few people do.

Therefore so much information is allowed into their sub conscious mind which creates and repeatedly reinforces thoughts that are not their own thoughts. To them, their thoughts are their own and they will argue to the death against anyone who tells them otherwise, that part I have already tried to explain too.

I hope that makes sense.

Nice Avatar by the way :-)
edit on 25-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 25 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
what basically we have to understand that "I" is not so seperate from "you" or anything else...it's all part of a sort f continium (sp).

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 02:06 PM
link   

originally posted by: gatewaywithin
reply to post by XXXN3O

Now I must ask, what if the subconscious mind is actually the collective consciousness? If this were the case it would take us down the rabbit hole a bit further.

This collective pool of information and thoughts would explain why humans act and think somewhat alike and are as predictable as they are. If we are all connected to the collective consciousness then we all have access to the same flow of information being fed into our conscious mind, making our default thinking patterns one in the same.

Paradoxically speaking it could also explain the significance of total individuality and freewill. If we are all truly connected as one through this collective consciousness the avenue to individuality lies through freewill. The decisions one makes from the information streamed into the conscious from the collective conscious would and do grant us individual uniqueness.

What if our conscious, and/or subconscious : are in reality the hive mind of the approximately 100 trillion gut-bacteria, who are close and connected to our gut-mind ?
Perhaps all of the other critters 'in there' also contribute : virus', fungi, parasites, etc...

Another member once suggested that mitochondria may have more influence that we can imagine.

reply to post by XXXN3O

Thanks for the thread, found it in your sig.
More interesting to read these great threads, as compared to so few good threads these days.
Members were much nicer to each other, overall, as well.

posted on Feb, 17 2021 @ 04:05 PM
link   

originally posted by: rival
Me and my subconscious have good days and bad days. I used to think that I processed information
faster than other people and responded to information faster, but have realized of late that what is
really happening is that I have a clearer connection (less filtered) between my conscious
and subconscious. This leads to problems some days when I simply cannot stay on topic
during a conversation. When a person is speaking my 'sub' is slamming me with info at every
word, every stimuli in the room...it might be what is called ADD, but I can hardly conceive of it
as a deficit---it seems more like an over-abundance. I would call it an Attention Acuity Disorder where
where when I hear a word like 'implanting' (for instance) my 'sub' brings up references to
insemination, gardens, tomatoes, hypnosis, flower beds....etc., and by the time the person
has finished speaking I have a list of replies at the ready (much like that scene from the movie
Terminator where a list of possible responses pops up for the robot in that motel scene)...
My problem is, none of them are usually on topic....makes me a bad listener....even though
I try to overcome it.

On the upside though, one those bad days, I am much more creative....

Interesting post, by another member who no longer visits us.

Reminds me of one of the current posters, who has a message in their sig : "Most people don't really listen during conversation, as they are too busy formulating their next comment" ( Totally paraphrased. )

That's why it often takes training, or practice, to learn how to really listen to others.
For some it may come more naturally.

On the part of the mind wandering : this often happens to me as well while reading, watching, or listening to some input.
Just all kinds of thought vectors, popping in and out of existence, gaining energy from resonating with other info, or sometimes fading through lack of relevance.

But yeah : can definitely see how that is related to the 'mind' being in a more creative vibe.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:26 PM
link   
a reply to: Nothin

Thanks for the thread, found it in your sig.
More interesting to read these great threads, as compared to so few good threads these days.
Members were much nicer to each other, overall, as well.

Saw this popping up on older threads.

You are very welcome!

Might have worded the topic a bit better, being older and hopefully just a little bit the wiser

edit on 19-2-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:38 PM
link   
a reply to: XXXN3O

What a trip I just came out of thread where I just posted this.

He has enough power to scare the f45k out of me.
Not for myself but for the world my kids and theirs
are facing. You know that whole fear=hate=massive blood
shed thingy? That is actually a self preservation mechanism
in humans that should never be ignored. But has definitely
been a target for centuries? If you follow me? Have you ever
had the hair on the back of your neck stand up. Telling you to
get the hell out of where you're at? That's part of being human
and everyone of us have it. But the lies we are told in a society
that only deadens those senses and obscures common sense.
Depletes greatly our intuition. And is part of our dumbing down.
Spend a few days deep in the woods alone to find out I know
what i'm talking about.

And then CLICKED on your thread.

Link
edit on 19-2-2021 by Randyvine because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 08:50 PM
link   
You know the saying "you are what you eat." I think it's the same with the mind. You are what you feed it. A lot of your conscious self is guided and directed directly by what you feed your mind, what you see, hear, touch, feel, taste, through work, interaction, entertainment, reading, etc.

So a lot of the way you reason, feel, react, speak, think is based directly off what you feed your mind. And obviously if a person is under undo stress they can say rash things they don't mean or aren't thinking through logically. A person with insight is able to discern that and overlook the wild ramblings when they can perceive a person is under stressful situations.

I try to feed my mind wholesome thoughts. Avoid degrading entertainment, reading, news, music. Listen and watch things that are uplifting. Reading the Bible and meditating on it every morning when I wake up helps put my mind in a good frame for the rest of the day.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:02 PM
link   

You have an interesting theory, however, the association with or comparison to hypnosis is off the mark.

Your example states that people are so bombarded with stress, agitation, distraction, that thoughts from others impose themselves upon our minds and are mistaken for our own. In hypnosis, the biggest and most important factor is trust. You can not hypnotize someone against their will. It takes full and complete cooperation from the subject in order to occur. This is the basis for those who wish to debunk the concept of hypnosis. They challenge a hypnotist to hypnotize them, he fails, and they claim hypnosis is impossible. Its not impossible, it just takes cooperation which they failed to provide. A close second to trust is intense calm. A deep meditative rest entered willingly. Without these elements hypnosis is difficult at best.

I make the previous claim with the understanding that subliminal suggestion is a different thing. Flash something red every time a person hears the word 'choose'. Then a few days later show them several colors and ask them to choose. Don't be surprised if they choose red. Even this, however, is not entirely on point with the topic in that it requires conditioning repetition to achieve the desired result. Consult Pavlov's dog for a more detailed description of the concept.

posted on Feb, 19 2021 @ 09:09 PM
link   

originally posted by: Vroomfondel

You have an interesting theory, however, the association with or comparison to hypnosis is off the mark.

Your example states that people are so bombarded with stress, agitation, distraction, that thoughts from others impose themselves upon our minds and are mistaken for our own. In hypnosis, the biggest and most important factor is trust. You can not hypnotize someone against their will. It takes full and complete cooperation from the subject in order to occur. This is the basis for those who wish to debunk the concept of hypnosis. They challenge a hypnotist to hypnotize them, he fails, and they claim hypnosis is impossible. Its not impossible, it just takes cooperation which they failed to provide. A close second to trust is intense calm. A deep meditative rest entered willingly. Without these elements hypnosis is difficult at best.

I make the previous claim with the understanding that subliminal suggestion is a different thing. Flash something red every time a person hears the word 'choose'. Then a few days later show them several colors and ask them to choose. Don't be surprised if they choose red. Even this, however, is not entirely on point with the topic in that it requires conditioning repetition to achieve the desired result. Consult Pavlov's dog for a more detailed description of the concept.

Wrote this thread back in 2012. I had not long "accidentally" discovered hypnosis and went on a little journey with it in the mainstream media etc. During which, typed this up when the novelty was high with an understanding in progress.

You are absolutely 100% correct with what you say. However, do still stand by the initial premise that we are unable to control the sub-conscious with everything being bombarded towards it as you hint towards too.

This topic should have been worded better. Still stand by the title

edit on 19-2-2021 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join