It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

There are very few people left who can see

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+9 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
I am going to pass on some information here in the hope that some understand this...

Every single human being has a mind that is divided into two sections at a basic level, the conscious mind and the sub-conscious mind.

The conscious mind is who we are in an awakened state it also guards the sub-conscious mind based on its own choices, thoughts and experiences formed from previous choices the sub-conscious feeds it.

The sub-conscious is a collection of everything that is allowed to pass through the conscious mind when mental awareness is achieved at a young age.

The conscious mind can be bypassed if it is distracted by too many tasks or emotionally compromised by means of stress, anger, fear, hate or any heightened emotional state.

Keeping all this in mind, the sub conscious has around 1000 thoughts per minute and feeds the conscious mind a selection of choices based on each scenario. For example, during a conversation where someone says to you "Hi", your sub conscious may feed your conscious mind with a selection that is as follows (very simple scenario)...

"Hi"

"Bye"

"Get lost"

Here is where it gets interesting...

If the conscious mind cannot pick up a suggestion, due to it being stressed, distracted and more than the above I have already stated. Your sub-conscious mind is suggesting choices to your own conscious mind that are not your own thoughts. Yet, every single suggestion from your sub conscious mind is taken by your conscious mind as its own thought.

One example here to clear my point up. During hypnosis, a hypnotist might distract your conscious mind and plant a suggestion that you should "sleep" into your sub conscious mind. Your sub conscious mind, takes that suggestion and feeds it back to your conscious mind. You fall asleep because you actually perceive it as your own minds thoughts, not the hypnotists suggestion. Take this a step bigger with a society that keeps you stressed, angry and distracted etc.

If you understand what I have just said, you might just see how your thoughts are not your own and so many people are puppets even when they think they can see.

edit on 20-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: To add a bit more explanation

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
Hey, I used to be P.O.W. and I remember you, I had lots of overwhelming mental problems that drove me literally insane and rabid. Sorry for any misunderstandings. I just got kicked off the last thread. I haven't seen you around in awhile. Again sorry there was a lot of inappropriate behavior on my part.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by BladeRunner5050
Hey, I used to be P.O.W. and I remember you, I had lots of overwhelming mental problems that drove me literally insane and rabid. Sorry for any misunderstandings. I just got kicked off the last thread. I haven't seen you around in awhile. Again sorry there was a lot of inappropriate behavior on my part.

Nice to see you on the boards again.

No apology necessary, glad you are back.

I have been quiet recently after learning a lot.

edit on 20-7-2012 by XXXN3O because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:38 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

That's a pretty good explanation. It helps explain a lot of people I've met in my life and it also helps explain the things we do sometimes that we look back on and say "Why did I say that" or "Why did I do that".

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by InTheShadows
reply to post by XXXN3O

That's a pretty good explanation. It helps explain a lot of people I've met in my life and it also helps explain the things we do sometimes that we look back on and say "Why did I say that" or "Why did I do that".

It is a very hard thing to put into clear language if you get me.

I am glad you understood it.

To take this a bit further, in hypnosis, when a hypnotist says sleep. Your sub conscious feeds that suggestion back to your conscious mind and you fall asleep because you think its your own thoughts. This is why, on a bigger scale, our minds are far from our own when it comes to society and its bombardment of our minds.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Basically what you're saying is very few people have undergone ego-death & resurrection. I agree. That's one of the features of the Kali Yuga.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   
EDIT: Just realized this is more of a prod against ego filled people who don't comprehend inner awareness.
edit on 7/20/2012 by JELLYWAX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by BlueMule
reply to post by XXXN3O

Basically what you're saying is very few people have undergone ego-death & resurrection. I agree. That's one of the features of the Kali Yuga.

Not completely.

I am just trying to show people how our minds work and how pretty much all of us are locked in a mind cage of sorts.

Right now, I would be lying if I could say, I know how to prevent this but I feel its important to share. If anything however, I would say that a small bit of informed ego against what you do not wish to let into your mind is not a bad way forward. No ego, is a bit like swallowing up everything I think.

It just depends on how deep you want to go with the ego, its impossible not to have any ego at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

We are locked into identifying with our conscious ego-self, which is only a tiny part of our entire being. The solution is undergoing ego-death & resurrection through mystical means such as an ayahuasca ceremony or meditation.

edit on 20-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Is this your personal opinion, or have you completed some research on this?

2nd line
edit on 20-7-2012 by Wildmanimal because: typo

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

We are locked into identifying with our conscious ego-self, which is only a tiny part of our entire being. The solution is undergoing ego-death & resurrection through mystical means such as an ayahuasca ceremony or meditation.

edit on 20-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

This is one of those things that at face value appears to be good but if you are actually going as far to say, eliminating every ounce of who you are from an ego point of view. That is a bit careless, as your conscious mind defends your sub conscious.

I might be looking at this from a purely logical point of view but the post I originally made is from a logical point of view based on what I have learned as opposed to spiritual if that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by XXXN3O

Is this your personal opinion, or have you completed some research on this?

2nd Line

It is what I have learned through hypnosis and hypnotherapy, discovered I could do it by accident and have learned from there over the last few years.

I do shows now and help people with hypnotherapy.

The only proof I can offer is a video of a show but this is the core of what a hypnotist is actually doing during a show (suggesting something to your sub conscious, you pick it up as your own idea, hence why it appears that you follow hypnotic commands)

I am just making the horizons bigger.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:02 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

You're zeroing in on the 'ego-death' part and overlooking the '& resurrection' part.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   

reply to post by XXXN3O

You're zeroing in on the 'ego-death' part and overlooking the '& resurrection' part.

When you put it like that, it does make more sense.

I just do not want to push this topic near spirituality or anything deeper than the core content.

Its just a thread to pass information onto anyone that sees a point.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Oh my, what a fabulous thread OP! You have really cut down to the heart of the matter, kudos to you.

I have noticed that too much time on the forums causes me stress, anger, commotion etc. So, I am limiting time spent on the fighting forums-lol.

1.5 years ago, I closed my successful business and moved to a rural area to de-compress from the ratrace and decrease and eliminate stress from my life as much as possible. No TV, no radio, less non-sense, less people, etc.

I can live on $500 a month including food as I bought my little cabin/house for cash $38,000. It ain't much but it's paid for. No mortgage. No bankers.

I just walked away from it all.

The ratrace, the "system", the mainstream are just commotion to me now.

The highlight of my evenings is taking my 14 month old terrier for a car ride to see the horsies and cows and a walk by the river collecting rocks.

Great thread, OP!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Interesting.

I am curious as to how you mention that ones sub cons. thoughts are not their own.

Do you imply that one is not responsible for their unconscience minds/influence.

Please elaborate.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wildmanimal
reply to post by XXXN3O

Interesting.

I am curious as to how you mention that ones sub cons. thoughts are not their own.

Do you imply that one is not responsible for their unconscience minds/influence.

Please elaborate.

Ideally, everyones sub conscious mind is a product of their own conscious minds choices of what is allowed past it. Be it Influences, pictures you see, adverts you see, conversations, radio ads, television and more. When I say more, I mean, literally everything in your life so far and to come!

But when your conscious mind is distracted through heightened states, ie, stress, anger, fear, worry, sadness, or simply too many things going on at once, things bypass your conscious mind and enter your sub conscious mind.

They are then fed back to your conscious mind as your own thoughts.

I cannot make this anymore clear, at least, I do not think I can.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:10 PM
link   
reply to post by XXXN3O

Dear XXXN3O,

While I do understand what you have said, I disagree with certain assumptions. You cannot hypnotize someone against their will. That is one. The second is that the subconscious does not make decisions, it rotates facts and hypothesizes. Decisions are only made by the conscious, such as the decision to accept what the hypnotist tells you. If you hypnotize someone, you cannot get them to do something that they would not otherwise do. You cannot hypnotize someone to get them to kill someone unless they were already inclined to do so and looking for an excuse or justification. Just my thoughts. Peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:15 PM
link   
I'm a hypnotist as well and it's very nice to meet you, sir.
I know exactly what you're talking abuot and I have noticed it a lot lately and have even commented and complained about it to many people but they don't seem to get it or care. I often bring it up with another hypnotist friend of mine actually, we must all think alike! Lol. I'll often say "The everyday person, mankind as a whole could be doing brilliant things right now... Creating amazing inventions for the betterment of the world or even doing something small to make a difference and instead we're in front of our idiotboxes or on the computer at all hours of the day. What we're living isn't life."

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by AQuestion
reply to post by XXXN3O

Dear XXXN3O,

While I do understand what you have said, I disagree with certain assumptions. You cannot hypnotize someone against their will. That is one. The second is that the subconscious does not make decisions, it rotates facts and hypothesizes. Decisions are only made by the conscious, such as the decision to accept what the hypnotist tells you. If you hypnotize someone, you cannot get them to do something that they would not otherwise do. You cannot hypnotize someone to get them to kill someone unless they were already inclined to do so and looking for an excuse or justification. Just my thoughts. Peace.

As I said in the original post, im keeping it simple to understand is all.

The second is that the subconscious does not make decisions, it rotates facts and hypothesizes

This is exactly my point about the sub conscious, it feeds the conscious mind with choices and the conscious mind chooses.

Decisions are only made by the conscious, such as the decision to accept what the hypnotist tells you. If you hypnotize someone, you cannot get them to do something that they would not otherwise do. You cannot hypnotize someone to get them to kill someone unless they were already inclined to do so and looking for an excuse or justification

I used hypnosis as an example, if a hypnotist is successful. To the hypnotised person, the suggestion that the hypnotist gives the subject, is perceived as their own choice from their sub conscious mind. You cannot get someone to do anything against their will.

This topic is not really about hypnosis but more about societies conditioning of the sub conscious and weakening of the conscious minds guards. Also, over a long period of time even a hypnotist who is repeatedly hypnotising someone can change a persons mind about something. But, that is called hypnotherapy.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join