It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Our True Instincts Coming to the Surface?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Please pardon me if this is located in the wrong area of the forum, but I suppose this is a conspiracy if it is against the grain and I have faith in it in one way or another so I'll just get into it (and if this needs to be moved, I apologize and please do so ) .

With all of the violence growing in the world and especially this latest shooting at the movie theater and just the way the Earth as a whole is turning out lately, do you think our animalist instincts are ebbing to the surface? Just hear me out if you will. If we truly evolved from apes, then we should still in some way share some of our old instincts from any area of us be it our DNA, hindbrain, or whatever (sorry, I WAS a bio major but switched so I'm quite rusty and this probably sounds more like science fiction) . Do we all have instincts coming to the surface? Are we all nothing but beasts underneath this cover we call humanity and intelligence that we've adapted?

If this is happening, here is my (probably crack pot) theory as to why this is happening: There are more and more people in the world today and before long we might be struggling for resources or at least some part of us thinks that we will. Therefore, we are growing violent and harming others and using segregation tactics for the better survival of our own selves and close knit groups. With a more crowded Earth, I think it is a survival instinct. Now, many may disagree with me, and that's perfectly okay.

What do you guys and gals think? I'm not seeing I even fully believe this myself yet, I'm just throwing it out there for now. Are we all nothing but beasts deep down waiting to come out from underneath our own skin? It's kind of a terrifying thought if you think about it. Are you really who you think you are?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

Many individuals seem to feel the same as you, but those feelings are shown to be irrational when one considers mankind's history. As it stands now, we are not nearly as violent, or as tribal, as we once were.

See ya,
Milt
edit on 20-7-2012 by BenReclused because: Typo

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Humans can smell BS these days better than they ever could.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Myomistress

To me, people don't act like animals. I would not equate the horrible things people do with some "animal instinct". It's an insult to animals.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Violence isn't getting worse. People have always been this way.

It only seems like it's getting worse because our weapons are much more powerful now.

new topics

top topics

join