It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's are time travellers from the future.....

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:00 PM
link   
I'm sure this has been talked about...

But I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the theory that UFO's are time travellers from the future. They are signed up for a time travel package to come back. And some end up in our time? They're allowed to watch but they have to be secretive about it and never show themselves or interfere all that much as not to end up changing future events. I actually kinda like this theory even though it's a bit out there.

Your thoughts?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by r2d246

But I'm wondering what your thoughts are on the theory that UFO's are time travellers from the future. They are signed up for a time travel package to come back. And some end up in our time? They're allowed to watch but they have to be secretive about it and never show themselves or interfere all that much as not to end up changing future events. I actually kinda like this theory even though it's a bit out there.

Your thoughts?

Definitely. It's far more plausible than the idea they came from x number of light years away for God only knows what.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
I've thought about this for a long time... just because they look different doesn't mean that they aren't "us". In fact, physical appearance is pretty irrelevant...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:07 PM
link   
Actually, Jenny Randles is one of the best-known proponents of that hypothesis, and there are numerous bits of anecdotal evidence in favour of it. I'll try and dig a couple out.

I've thought about this for a long time... just because they look different doesn't mean that they aren't "us". In fact, physical appearance is pretty irrelevant...

Not if you consider Greys might be evolved humans from 1 million years down the line.
edit on 20-7-2012 by XeroOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

This is something I have given very serious thought to. It's entirely possible as we would seem to know it, isn't it?

After all, time is eternal so if time travel is ever possible...ever, by any means...then eventually mankind will figure it out. In that sense, it's already happened and this IS a very eventful period of history to attract attention from any generation in the future. It would have started getting serious for historical purposes right about the time we became a nuclear society.

Right about the time UFO's became common to see.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by XeroOne
]
Not if you consider Greys might be evolved humans from 1 million years down the line.

Why would we have to wait a million years for nature to do some randomized thing when we can directly control genetics? extra DIV

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by FangBlackbone

Originally posted by XeroOne
]

Why would we have to wait a million years for nature to do some randomized thing when we can directly control genetics?

what if it was an effect due to people trying to become "Immortal" that it does indeed what you say and changed genetics

you know like a side effect

and to go back to the OP, this is something i have throw around to people as well. it seems very plausable to me and could explain why they seem to "shoot off into space"
edit on 20-7-2012 by johnnycashed because: to get back to the OP
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johnnycashed

Doubtful... the things that control immortality (lack of genetic information loss) aren't really related to much else. I was thinking of the typical grey alien after watching a show on the effects of space travel/microgravity on the human body. A smaller frame and simplified organ structure would lessen the effects of "ballooning"... it even occurs in the brain which might explain the desire for a larger head...

If they are us from the future they are likely more of an "early" future because they appear more like us than not.. two eyes, humanoid etc...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by FangBlackbone

That's a very good question. I doubt humans would take that form anytime soon, though.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Our thoughts?

It's your thoughts that are the most concerning

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:21 PM
link   
I think it's a possibility that they are us from the past. We like to think this is the first time we have arose to this technology but it's possible we have been even more advanced in the past. Maybe the human race left due to a cataclysm that very few survived. Now they are back checking us out so they can return.

Wait a second, wasn't that the plot of a failed TV show?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

Do you honestly think the 'Greys' are humans from our future?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

My Thoughts.....

If such phenomenom exists,

then most certainly, a percentage of the cases

are exactly that.

Which would be, Humans from the future trying to return in time to extract DNA to

enrich the Gene Pool which they have compromised. As well as unruly efforts to screw

things up even more.

After all, as of late, that is what Humanity excels at. What a Mess
S&F

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:43 PM
link   

Your thoughts?

My first thoughts is that there still is an 'MJ-12' and they are creating stories of disinformation to give the media which creates people talking about them for years.

My opinion, is that the Grey aliens are visitors and Dr. Edgar Mitchell pointed out. They are a more insectlike humanoid than man, but their mind is 100 times that of man - they are on a whole different plane.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by XeroOne

Time travel would also require space travel since while the earth moves around the sun, the solar system travels with the milky way, while the galaxy travels through the universe.

Travel only 10 years back in time, and, well, the Milky Way galaxy travels through space in the direction of the constellation Hydra at a rate of 1.34 million miles per hour.

With 8765.81 hour in a year you get 11,746,185,400 miles traveled x10 years, add another zero for 117,461,854,000 miles traveled in 10 years. That's 117.4 Billion miles.

On top of that there's necessary calculation for the distance of the solar system through the galaxy as the galaxy rotates.

Suffice to say, time travel, even only one year into the future or the past would also require an enormous amount of simultaneous space travel to compensate for galactic drift and other celestial mechanics.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by g2v12

Your thoughts?

Do you honestly think the 'Greys' are humans from our future?

Just because you see a UFO doesn't mean there's greys in it. Could be normal humans from the future. Like ster trekkies. It's john lucky peckr and he's following the prime directive

Besides Greys are just demons manifesting into a form we can see. That's why in all the sightings of these greys the same description is given. They've somehow decided on a form that they appear as when they appear.
edit on 20-7-2012 by r2d246 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Druscilla
reply to post by XeroOne

Time travel would also require space travel since while the earth moves around the sun, the solar system travels with the milky way, while the galaxy travels through the universe.

Travel only 10 years back in time, and, well, the Milky Way galaxy travels through space in the direction of the constellation Hydra at a rate of 1.34 million miles per hour.

With 8765.81 hour in a year you get 11,746,185,400 miles traveled x10 years, add another zero for 117,461,854,000 miles traveled in 10 years. That's 117.4 Billion miles.

On top of that there's necessary calculation for the distance of the solar system through the galaxy as the galaxy rotates.

Suffice to say, time travel, even only one year into the future or the past would also require an enormous amount of simultaneous space travel to compensate for galactic drift and other celestial mechanics.

That's only based on what we know now. And we know so little. In the future they might figure out all kinds of stuff like worm holes, other dimentions, whats inside a Quark and the flex capacitor. Which might help to speed up the process of time travel.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
actually time travel into the past isn't possible because you mess up the time line however time travel into the future is possible because it wouldn't affect your own timeline.

So it would be possible that ufos are time travelers from the first civilization of earth or even mars for that matter.

Just imagine the civilization on mars invents time travel and shoots forward and finds a dead planet... or at least barren compared to their own time.

just a thought

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by r2d246

Nope. UFOs are a psychic phenomenon. A manifestation of consciousness. Which isn't saying a lot, since matter time and space are manifestations of consciousness too. So it might be more accurate to say UFOs are psychophysical manifestations of archetypes of the collective unconscious in symbolic (mythological) form. Archetypes are not bound by time or space, so in a way you are right. But not in a big enough way.

edit on 20-7-2012 by BlueMule because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:33 PM
link   

have to be secretive about it and never show themselves or interfere all that much as not to end up changing future events.

Your thoughts?

this might also explain official refusal to study or release information on the subject

new topics

top topics

active topics

<<   2 >>

join