It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Amazing Artwork by 18 year old.. absolutely amazing.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:13 PM
link   

18-year-old creates surreal artworks to express emotions

A quick disclaimer: Although this is posted in the members art forum it is NOT my art.

Sebastian Eriksson is an 18-year-old up-and-coming surrealist artist living in Sweden. Not only is his artwork amazing, it's extremely thought-provoking as he adds descriptions of how his pieces relate to his life.

in the piece above, he states: "This is another paradox that I've been working on for a couple of days. It describes a person with psychological problems such as schizophrenia, insanity, depression or other mental problems. His endless screaming makes his own mind eat him up. I have periods in my life where I feel like this. I wanted to make an illustration of my thoughts and my pain within."

And for the piece immediately below: "One day I felt like I was lost and I had too much things to think about. Like I was stuck in a maze and couldn't get out."

Really beautiful stuff! I've always wanted to be able to draw or paint but they've never been skills of mine, music and lyrics are my outputs. These pictures have such powerful messages which I'm sure we can all relate to and the insight is wonderful. There are other other great ones at the link here. I would just upload them all here but that would be verging on plagiarism.

Is it just me or are these pieces of art freakin amazing?
Especially for an 18 year old.
Source
edit on 26/10/2010 by TechUnique because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Is it just me or are these pieces of art freakin amazing?

These themes have been done over and over, but yes, quite talented...

I was never able to bring out my 'creative side, so when I see this type of art work, I get all mushy...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

Have you tried playing an instrument? Writing lyrics?

Or just humming?

Picking up a guitar was one of the best things I've ever done in my life. Try experimenting with loads of different instruments until you find one you are comfortable with and then GRIND!

Its hard at first but when you achieve moderate skill it is so worth it. Therapeutic isn't even a good enough word to describe. Music is good for the soul.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by TechUnique

Have you tried playing an instrument? Writing lyrics?

Did the Piano at age 5 for about 3 or 4 months. My mom described that timeline as chaotic...

My dad was was a big jock techunique...I spent my time on the playground at school, then when I got home it was either kickball, or kick the can.

I think I missed out on the artistic side big time; not that I would have excelled, but at least gave it a shot. And the saddest part is, I want to address that missing aspect of my life, but I feel as if I would not only be terrorized on via family and friends, but I would be pretty darn bad at it.

My Achilles heel...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by facelift

I know its hard but let go of your inhibitions, if you can't get time to yourself then make time for yourself! The problem with creativity is that you can hinder it with too much self critique, it needs to flow out of you without you questioning it too much until it is a finished project.

If something looks or sounds completely abstract and/or 'bad' it is only bad because you think it is. And you thinking it is bad is negative for anything future you attempt!

Its so easy to beat yourself up over things you yourself create. But as soon as you get past it you will feel so much more fulfilled, vented and level headed. Doesn't matter what output as long as you have at least one!!!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:34 PM
link   
Yeah he is awesome..........when he gets older and even better , i hate to think about

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:09 AM
link   
That first drawing is an awesome example of the fibonache sequence.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 02:23 AM
link   
TechUnique
This guy has allot of talent its a bit deep for me but i enjoyed looking at his art work thanks for the thread..peace,sugarcookie1

posted on Jul, 29 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This guy has got some talent! These drawings are amazing and say so much.

top topics

join