It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Stories Of Heroism During Aurora Theater Shooting Begin To Emerge

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Eric Hunter, a 23-year-old from Aurora, was inside Theater 8, adjacent to the scene of the shootings. When he heard the gunshots, he ran to open an exit door and found two teenager girls, one of whom was wounded in the face, the Lost Angeles Times reports.
Hunter, who is a radiology technician, pulled the girls into theater. But before he could shut the door, he found himself momentarily face to face with the shooter -- 24-year-old James Holmes. However, Hunter managed to slam the door shut, even as he could hear the gunman pounding on it. Hunter's actions possibly saved dozens of lives as the shooter never managed to come through to Theater 8.

"He's coming my way so I shut the door. So I hold the door for a little bit. He's banging on the door for about 10 seconds," Hunter told the Associated Press.

I find it interesting that an assault rifle wasn't fired into the door. It appears that the shills are in place and the unarmed heros saved the day! Without firing a shoot. Does anyone seriously believe that one guy can hold a door shut in the face on an angry gunman? How did such numbers die if he never actually entered? Did a home made pipe bomb really kill 12 people and injure 59?

Moved by the magnitude of the tragedy, people from across the country are attempting to reach out to victims too. A user on social news site Reddit wants to start a Facebook campaign to have Christian Bale dress up in a Batman outfit and visit kids injured in the shooting.

Looks like they're going to milk this for all it's worth.

Elsewhere, heroism came in the form of a victim's simple refusal to give in to fear -- like Colorado State football recruit Zach Golditch. Golditch was hit by a bullet on the left side of his neck as he sat in a theater adjacent to the one that Holmes opened fire in, the Canon City Daily Record reports. Despite his injury, the football player was eager to go for a morning workout.

Oh yes. Nothing makes me want to do some pushups like a wound to the neck! These articles are starting to have more in common with a good action adventure movie, then an actual news report.

source

The idea of American heros risking their lives is one that makes me feel warm and fuzzy inside just like anyone else. I just find the specifics of these stories hard to swallow. Why didn't the gunman open fire into the door? Why did he pause? Poor planning? It seems well planned to me.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:18 PM
link   
Remember, these are people that have been confronted with a situation that is entirely beyond anything they have ever experienced before. The brave young man holding the door shut probably wasn't thinking, "That psycho is going to shoot through the door." His line of thought was probably more along the line of preservation by keeping the bad guy shut out.

No, what we're witnessing is some armed idiot with delusions of grandeur who wants to see his name flashed across the news screen. In short, a demented attention whore.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by maria_stardust

He sounds like a shill to me. I'm sorry but someone that's never been in that type of situation before is going to run, and not look back. If not run, then get down and stay down. No one would even look at the door.

According to posts of people listeneing to the police scanner, he did get inside the theater. According to the article, he never got in. That guy and his actions sound like fiction to me.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
No this guy was acing his grades in school.He was at the top in San Diego and only quit school a month ago here in Colorado. Something happened to him a month ago that started this.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Those doors "open out"....you don't have to hold them...just close them

...it would take a pry bar to get back in

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:27 PM
link   
I honestly find it more surprising that an armed nutjob would bang on a door rather than fire through it, considering he was on a shooting spree. Again, you never know how you or someone else is going to react in such an extreme circumstance.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:34 PM
link   

a demented attention whore.

who had no twitter, Facebook, or any kind of web presence...

Sounds like an attention whore to me.

this whole thing is horrible and bizarre

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:37 PM
link   

That's exactly my point. This whole story sounds sour. We had access to the play by play thanks to one poster, so we can take that info and the info the media is giving and compare. They don't add up. That is why listening to a police scanner is illegal.

Nothing adds up. We need to get to the bottom of this.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Oh wait this is a conspiracy too?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   

Eric Hunter, a 23-year-old from Aurora, was inside Theater 8, adjacent to the scene of the shootings. When he heard the gunshots, he ran to open an exit door and found two teenager girls, one of whom was wounded in the face, the Lost Angeles Times reports. Hunter, who is a radiology technician, pulled the girls into theater. But before he could shut the door, he found himself momentarily face to face with the shooter -- 24-year-old James Holmes. However, Hunter managed to slam the door shut, even as he could hear the gunman pounding on it. Hunter's actions possibly saved dozens of lives as the shooter never managed to come through to Theater 8. "He's coming my way so I shut the door. So I hold the door for a little bit. He's banging on the door for about 10 seconds," Hunter told the Associated Press. I find it interesting that an assault rifle wasn't fired into the door. It appears that the shills are in place and the unarmed heros saved the day! Without firing a shoot. Does anyone seriously believe that one guy can hold a door shut in the face on an angry gunman? How did such numbers die if he never actually entered? Did a home made pipe bomb really kill 12 people and injure 59?

He went into theater 9 first. If he tried theater 8, it was after he finished theater 9. Since he only bought the guns in the last month he may not have been aware of their full capability, or maybe in the stress of the situation, didn't think.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

What does anyone really know about the shooter at this point?

We could always speculate -- a favorite pastime of the media and masses. Does he play shoot'em up video games? Is he obessed with comic book storylines or characters? Did he just break up with his girlfriend?

Or, did he just decide one afternoon he was sick of it all and it might be cool to go out in a blaze of glory while taking as many innocents along as he can?

None of it makes sense. Then again, senseless tragedies seldom do.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:46 PM
link   
Is just the media. They'll talk to anyone to get some hidden details of interest.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by liveandlearn

Sounds like the 9/11 stories of passengers fighting back and crashing planes into the ground. I never believed that one either. Regardless, they're misleading and adding hype pretty badly here.

I still question his actions with the door. Even if you don't know the capability of your gun, if you're going to die anyways you might as well try.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:50 PM
link   

Not sure why you think listening to a police scanner is illegal? It is only illegal if you have one in your possession while committing a crime. Otherwise you wouldn't be able to go into Walmart or radio shack and buy one.

I do agree though.. Seems like there is more to this. I was reading somewhere, that he was a known member of the Black Bloc at the OWS protest. ( I will hunt that link down where I read that )

As far as the heroic stories go.. I don't see how it isn't likely for someone to pull a door shut and try to keep the shooter from getting in. In survival mode.. it is hard to say what one would do.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Fake News?????

come on how many think so?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

I also believe there's more to this crime on the shooters end than meets the eye. I really hope he isn't an Occupier gone mad. If he is though, you've got to ask yourself, what could push a simple protestor to those actions?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Here is a link to a blog I found that mentions him being a Black Block member. Not sure of the credibility, but there is a source on the blog that I haven't looked at yet.
marcchamot.blogspot.com...#!/201­2/07/radical-left-wing-registe­red-democrat.html

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Those doors "open out"....you don't have to hold them...just close them

...it would take a pry bar to get back in

YEP...

even a pry bar wouldn't do much good. Unless you could bend the door to the point the bolt popped out..

concrete wrapped in metal...

I'll have to ask my girl when she gets back later about theaters being connected like that (theater 8 to theater 9)and the door types there.. I doubt it from some of her stories of people trying to sneak in.. But I will look into it. that's in 4 hours..

She has worked quite a few different ones and different companies too.
edit on 7/20/2012 by Dustytoad because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

The “Doo Doo Economics Blog” is reporting that shooting suspect James Holmes, of Aurora Colorado, is a former member of the Occupy San Diego group. Holmes was born and San Diego and has family there, and a Florida private investigator cited by the blog links Holes to the Occupy San Diego group.

source

I hate to bring even more bad ink to Occupy, but it appears this guy may be one of the more aggressive Occupiers that have been calling for violence.

Notice that this is a right wing news source.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Sounds like the 9/11 stories of passengers fighting back and crashing planes into the ground. I never believed that one either. Regardless, they're misleading and adding hype pretty badly here. I still question his actions with the door. Even if you don't know the capability of your gun, if you're going to die anyways you might as well try.

Not sure he expected to die. If so why not go at the police with guns blazing? Maybe he thought he had an out.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join