It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does having different opinions than liberals make you evil?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:28 PM
link   
Bah! liberals consider themselves liberal..... Until they answer the door to a SWAT team on their property wondering why your collecting rainwater in buckets. Then the SWAT teams goes out back and guns down three of your pigs cause they're brown and tan instead of black and white.

Leaving you with 3 dead pigs and a $1,200 fine for obstructing the tributary of a river because you collected rainwater on your own land.

"Don't forget Mr. Liberal! It's for the greater good!" Your own property and what's on it is not yours anymore! It's for the greater good (government)!

Ohhh wait, there are no liberals with farms... ok... Now it all makes sense...

To me, liberal ideals are in DIRECT contradiction to the constitution and bill of rights of the United States. You can take just about every word they say and look back on those founding documents and see how they are in direct contradiction to them. But, that's the America we live in today. One of "good intentions" and "equality for all" Even if that means cutting your legs off to make you the same height.. I read Karl Marx to you guys... I know your "quotes" come from the same books...

Remember liberals, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" Wait, your primarily atheists too...So....Remember this... "All # flows downstream!!!"

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:42 PM
link   
F it.

Liberals in their extreme are just as bad if not worse than hard core right wingers.....they dupe you into a false sense of utopian BS....

Right wingers go off the deep end and end up realizing they are bat isht crazy like the liberals but don't let up...Liberals in their extreme are just as bad only they mind F you and guilt trip you when they realize they are about as sane as daffy duck....

Right wingers stick to their guns like morons, and liberals suffer from mental diarrhea....

just send them on their way. Just be sane and normal...have you views and take from each what is good for you.

You owe nothing to either....Any extreme is dangerous since either extreme can lead to horrible living and hell on earth, as well as ruined meals and conversations.

F it....don't worry about what people think....usually they aren't looking at you, just what they can identify in you....

which leaves you with little to nothing of original intuitive critical thought. Be free. don't fear any one or anything...

especially having fake friends or not. They are usually a thorn in our side Anyways. Always looking for an enemy for you to fight for them in your honor.
edit on 5-8-2012 by BIHOTZ because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 07:51 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

Couldn't have said it better... I think deep inside... Everyone is a Libertarian... It's foolish to think all facets of life require a liberal stance, or a conservative one..

Long live the Libertarian...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
here is a visual aid...

Hard core Liberals VS conservatives...when losing an argument

Hard core conservatives VS Liberals...when losing an argument

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

I know I'm not supposed to write one liners. But I just have to say thank you for that.. That was great... Lol

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp
Bah! liberals consider themselves liberal..... Until they answer the door to a SWAT team on their property wondering why your collecting rainwater in buckets. Then the SWAT teams goes out back and guns down three of your pigs cause they're brown and tan instead of black and white.

Leaving you with 3 dead pigs and a $1,200 fine for obstructing the tributary of a river because you collected rainwater on your own land.

"Don't forget Mr. Liberal! It's for the greater good!" Your own property and what's on it is not yours anymore! It's for the greater good (government)!

Ohhh wait, there are no liberals with farms... ok... Now it all makes sense...

To me, liberal ideals are in DIRECT contradiction to the constitution and bill of rights of the United States. You can take just about every word they say and look back on those founding documents and see how they are in direct contradiction to them. But, that's the America we live in today. One of "good intentions" and "equality for all" Even if that means cutting your legs off to make you the same height.. I read Karl Marx to you guys... I know your "quotes" come from the same books...

Remember liberals, "the road to hell is paved with good intentions" Wait, your primarily atheists too...So....Remember this... "All # flows downstream!!!"

Sounds like you have been lied to and think you're a conservative but you aren't. Conservatives don't care about farmers, they don't care about small towns, they don't care about poor or middle class, they care about the rich fat cats on wallstreet and that's all.
I'm liberal, I live on a farm, I collect rain water, I help my neighbor, I go to church and I'm a pretty decent person who treats others as I want to be treated. YOU are a liberal but you don't know it.
The GOP has brainwashed the masses to make them THINK they're conservative by playing up to their sense of "morality" and "family" and religion, but they're lying to you. They don't care about those things at all. They care about billionaires and only billionaires. They couldn't care less about small business, about blue collar workers, about farmers, about anyone that isn't a multi-millionaire. In fact, those worth only around a couple of million dollars are considered "lower class" to them. (the actual GOP, not the folks who claim to belong to the GOP).
99% of America is "liberal", they just don't realize it and have been taught that it's a dirty word, but it's not and it really is where you fall. You've been taught for so long that you're a "conservative" and the GOP is where you belong, but they just use you to line their own pockets.
The Democratic party does it too, they're together in it and both of them work together against the rest of us. The Democratic party isn't as far gone as the Republican party is and can still be salvaged, but the GOP is completely gone, it belongs to the ultra rich, the 1 percenters that none of us will ever be. But they make you THINK you're one of them. Unless you make at LEAST $500,000 per year, they wouldn't even look your direction to turn their nose up at you and they definitely turn up their noses.

I think we should do away with both parties and start over. Take away all the little games they play to make us think we're in one group or the other and see where people really do end up instead of making us all pawns in their little game. A lot of people would be very, very surprised.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by BIHOTZ

The only problem is, depending on who's watching the videos, it's the other side that is portrayed. I see them both as conservatives, what do you see them as?

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

Heh, yes purple. I know I'm not conservative. Hence the next post about Libertarians.

Are you interested in my views or just wanna lash out at conservatives?

I think the latter...So...Lash away.. I feel the same way you do.

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
reply to post by foodstamp

Ohh and BTW, I was refering to die hard liberals. We're all a little liberal like were all a little conservative. No kidding bud... No kidding... We all know this..

To say one has no liberal in them would be like totally denying common sense in one's world view. And vice versa.

But philosophy discussion aside. Our governmental policy I described above DOES exist in my state and many others. And my story described is one that has happend. Don't tell me it doesn't exist. And it's liberal policy that's put it into effect.

And yes Purple. We all know they work together for one agenda. But that doesn't negate the fact that what has happened....happened...

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:12 PM
link   
And don't expect to get away with collecting that water much longer...... Liberal.....

That's a friendly jeer BTW.. Not meant to offend

posted on Aug, 5 2012 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by foodstamp

Heh, yes purple. I know I'm not conservative. Hence the next post about Libertarians.

Are you interested in my views or just wanna lash out at conservatives?

I think the latter...So...Lash away.. I feel the same way you do.

Just responding to the lash you made

So, what are your views? I'm actually very open to them, and respond in kind. If you discuss, I discuss, but that first post was a definite lashing out against "liberal" and was a false stereotype.
Like I said, I live on a farm, collect rainwater, and much more liberal than conservative as are most folks in my little rural area

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 09:43 AM
link   

Well, I don't think this conversation Is going to fair well for me. The reason being, Your still hung up on this argument that everyone is a "Lil' liberal". And well, I'll agree with that.

But my "Lashing" if you will was about "liberal" policies that exist within my state and throughout the nation in various places. certain restrictions put in place for the sake of the "greater good" thus penalizing people for doing things on their own property that most people would consider ok. Such as, collecting rainwater.

If I begin to rant about these liberal policies that infringe on my various freedoms. I think your going to overlook that and merely attack me about any views that I have, and explain to me how my beliefs "liberal" ideals in them. Kinda like you just overlooked the rainwater issue.

You merely responded that your a liberal that collects rainwater. However, you do not address weather or not you support a ban on collecting rainwater. Nor do you provide any information about how that makes you feel. In fact, you've dodged the issue completely. So Purple, I ask you directly, Do you support the banning of collecting rainwater in your state? Do you fell that certain restrctions on handguns should exist to keep them out of the hand of felons, regardless if they've been a good citizen for thirty years after a felony occured? Do you think that freedom of speech can be restricted to when and where it occurs? Do you think the government should allow and/or subsidize abortion? If you answer yes to three or more of these Purple. Than YOU are a bleeding heart liberal. And although the power that may be want to see us "infighting". You and I do not have much in common.

Now, you may not agree with my example. But what I'm trying to get across to you is that policies like these have destroyed the rights and freedoms of the "greater good" In the name of being for, "The greater good".
To me, Like a trail of goo behind a slug. You will find a "liberal" toting this same "greater good" kind of rhetoric wherever they go and destroying your freedoms as you go. To me, that's a fact, I haven't seen any different.

So, I ask again. If you make a phone call to your local Shriff Dept. And find out that it's now illegal to collect rainwater. Are you going to follow that law?

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkbake
What happened to the open-minded liberals of the past?

The progressives(wolves in sheep's clothing) killed them, skinned them and are now dancing around calling themselves liberals while wearing the skin(appearance) of Liberalism. Liberalism is dead, only found in a history book under the title "Classical Liberalism".
edit on 6-8-2012 by korathin because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2012 @ 10:52 PM
link   
To answer your question I have to point out that we've lost sight of what "liberal" and "conservative" mean in the first place. The media, politics, and ecomonic shifts have caused very polarized definitions of these terms to form within the Western psyche.

I consider myself liberal because I believe in the idea of karma,or reciprocity - if you prefer. I think that the strong have an obligation to pick up some of the slack from the weak. We do this in our families and in our immediate communities. It's not an alien or offensive way to live. If Granny needs help moving her desk... ya move Grannies desk. Why? Well because Granny is 97 and would blow out a hip if she tried to do it herself. I simply apply this logic on a larger scale.

I see this as normal, compassionate thought. But there are those, here and in the real world, who might scream "COMMUNIST" at me for having a caring heart.

The opposite happens to those who tend to be frugal. They get pegged as selfish so-and-so's and the war of words erupt.

So... to answer your question. If you're frugal and want to conserve resources so that our grandkids can have a fair shake. Then, no, you are not evil. But if you say "To Hell with Granny - let the old bag move the desk herself!" then yes, yes you are.

~Heff

posted on Aug, 7 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Hefficide

I agree we may have lost sight. Many groups of many different stripes have described themselves as liberal thus watering down any real definitive meaning. And of course that applies to conservative too.

I think I was totally misunderstood with my above postings. And that's prolly my fault using "liberal" as the word to describe some of the policies I mentioned above. Forgive me guys, I just don't like government intrusions into the most mundane and ridiculous things that they find themselves in nowadays. Liberal, conservative whatever...

I know conservatives...Republican, neo-con, conservatives, whatever, Are mainly responsible as to the erosions of our rights on our own soil. I don't support that either... So forgive me use of the word liberal in my above mentioned postings. Take from them what you will.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join