It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does having different opinions than liberals make you evil?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I think there is a better chance of aliens beaming up your birdie in your avatar then extreme left and right teaming up.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by MidnightTide
reply to post by PurpleChiten

I think there is a better chance of aliens beaming up your birdie in your avatar then extreme left and right teaming up.

we don't need the extremes to team up, just everybody in between them

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:36 PM
link   
reply to post by muse7

Conservative hardly have a monopoly on that game.

Do any of you ever get tired of this false nonsense? It appears not.

The very people who attempt to define "liberal" and "conservative" are the very people who's opinions, with few exceptions, swing with the breezes of public opinion.

But, hey, if it makes you happy? Carry on.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by seagull
reply to post by muse7

Conservative hardly have a monopoly on that game.

Do any of you ever get tired of this false nonsense? It appears not.

The very people who attempt to define "liberal" and "conservative" are the very people who's opinions, with few exceptions, swing with the breezes of public opinion.

But, hey, if it makes you happy? Carry on.

Only when we're able to move past the "liberal" and "conservative" ideas will we be able to come together as just "people" and forget all the extremist views from both sides.

I see them as two sides to the same coin. They utterly work together to keep us, the general public, at odds with one another and we've tolerated it for far too long

We need to move beyond the "liberal/conservative" mindset and focus more on what's right for all of us as citizens of the same country. Only then will we be able to move past the rut they have us in.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:54 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

Eh I don't think we can target this as just a "liberal" thing. People on both sides of the political spectrum do it. I've seen many Conservatives act the same exact way. I could show you countless examples of Liberals and Conservatives acting this way. I don't think we can blame the political ideologies. We have to blame the individual who acts in such a manner.

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:11 PM
link   
reply to post by seagull

Thank's.
I'm doing my best to be a better human, despite my knowledge of that particularly unsavory beast...
It will fall on deaf ears though, for as religion, so go politics...
People like to separate the two, but in essence they fall under the same file in your consciousness.
It's far too unnerving to some, that they are in deed, a duality.
Good/evil
Left/right
smart/stupid
sexy/ugly
The list is endless, but as social monkey's, we have evolved to pick sides as it were, as means of survival.
This is no longer necessary, but, as they say, old habits die hard.
Let's hope they die faster than we do, hunh?

posted on Jul, 23 2012 @ 11:19 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I have no dog in the religion fight, so I rarely argue with it's purveyors anymore..
Any body who actually believes in their chosen fairyta...sorry, religion,is not the least interested in an intelligent debate..that's just a foot in the door.
Old salesman's trick.
Like I said above...Politics, religion...same coin.
The stakes are who controls your mind.
I have yet to see anyone actually put forth an ideology worth devoting my time and energy to that benefits me or anyone else, other than those putting it forth (political or religious).
They're all offensive to anyone with an iota of critical thinking skills.

posted on Jul, 24 2012 @ 12:17 AM
link   
nah, having different opinions from liberals doesn't make you evil...
...you're already evil and that's why you have different opinions

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ViktorHaze

I agree with you, sir. I listen to and watch both conservative and liberal news and can easily see where they are being misleading, or delusional. In fact, a lot of reporting is propaganda and not really reporting at all these days.

Luckily, having two polar opposite viewpoints both spewing out propaganda makes it easy to spot, and has actually increased my ability to think for myself (I can't stand listening or watching that kind of thing anymore) and increased my tendency to be a moderate.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:40 PM
link   

(I've had to write/rewrite my post several times
)

Basically, some people are just plain wrong. Socially, morally, ethically. It may be their personal belief system, but that doesn't change the fact that they are wrong.

This can go to either aspect of the ideological spectrum (I admit) but (being conservative) we are less wrong.

But that is life.

You put three people in a room, and you'll have 6 different opinions on any given subject.

People are going to disagree. That's what makes us human. We are a combative, argumentative, aggressive, obnoxious species.

The sooner you can come to the realisation that no-one will ever agree with another on everything, the better you may feel.

Good luck, OP.

Just enjoy the variety that life offers.

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:46 PM
link   

- Conservative Belief = Subjective good for humanity based on religion and trying to repeat what we've done in history

But conservatives today say they don't care about humanity- they only care about themselves (and their rich heroes).

posted on Jul, 26 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Thanks, Beezer. Variety and the option of thinking many different ways is a good thing to be thankful for.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Liberals like to feel good, they see themselves as crusaders of everything that's right, a force for good.. often at the expense of the various minorities they keep championing, see they don't even realise that they are the real bigots acting like women and minorities can't make it on their own without help, they're being told they're all a bunch of babies that can't take care of themselves without bleeding heart liberals constantly shouting racism or sexism at everything and anything.

I have so many issues with liberals I don't even know where to start, or even how to put it into words..

Some key words: social engineering, the Frankfurt school, smugness, political correctness(tyranny in manners), thought police, wannabe rebels(coming from rich families), hipsters(acting like everybody else thinking they're special), naive, controlled by emotions, feminine men(not of their own volition, but because of social manipulation of the zeitgeist), feminism(backed by TPTB).

Basically.. brainwashed since birth.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

Something I tell kids a lot when they're growing into their "political selves" is "It takes both wings to fly" referring to the right wing and the left wing and try to show them that the differences can sometimes lead to progress. Nobody wins when extremes are taken, but when two opposing sides work together and make compromises, many things can be accomplished.

No, it leads to synthesis, an ever more totalitarian state, an ever more rich and powerful oligarchy with control of all facets of society.

The game is rigged, thesis and anti-thesis, republican and democrat, the end game is the same, synthesis.. or world government.
edit on 27-7-2012 by TheLaughingGod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   
No, having different opinions than Monotheists makes you evil. Duh.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 12:55 AM
link   

edit on 27-7-2012 by toxicblud because: double post cursor mayhem.

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

The problem lies with US! We have become so complacent and wired into every bit of data that is out there that most people have come to believe that what someone says is a REALITY just because that person is either interested in making money as a Political Analyst or would rather blame either the DEM's or the GOP for their lack of having a JOB or PRICE OF GOODS or whether they can save money after working TWO JOBS or...and THIS one is the one that pisses me off the MOST....they root for their Political Party as if was some sort of FOOTBALL GAME! And...regardless of paying $8 for a 16 oz BEER....you at least...GET SOMETHING OUT OF YOUR MONEY...as apposed to WASTING YOUR MONEY COMPLETELY by making the mistake of DONATING IT to one of the Two Major Political Parties!

What a JOKE....as some people wearing BLUE in the Stadium...SHOUT AND CHEER as their teams Quarterback...goes long with a BLISTERING ANALOGY THAT IS BASED ON HOW THE RED TEAMS QUARTERBACK is associated with IMMOBILE POCKET PASSER that has a penchant for throwing a BALL OF MONEY only to a chosen few RECEIVERS who's CONTRACTS PAY DESIGN are based on how many times they catch the MONEY BALL from the RED TEAMS QUARTERBACK as without these CATCH NUMBERS they would not be making that amount of Money and the BLUE TEAM FAN'S declare that it is a SHAME that the other RECEIVERS who cost the TEAM less money are being purposely shut out.

The RED TEAM FANS LAUGH at the BLUE TEAMS QUARTERBACK but this is actually secret Jealousy as well as BIGOTRY as the BLUE TEAM WON THE FIRST GAME but they did so with a BLACK QUARTERBACK! Thus all sorts of inappropriate JOKES, ASSUMPTIONS, QUESTIONS as well as HAVING ABSOLUTELY NO RESPECT FOR THE QUARTERBACK THAT BEAT THE RED TEAM...as this was deemed IMPOSSIBLE as the BLUE TEAMS QUARTERBACK was LEFT UNDRAFTED and even had FANS of his OWN TEAM ROOTING AGAINST HIM GETTING THE STARTING QUARTERBACK JOB!

In the end...who ever WINS...both RED and BLUE TEAM FANS end up out $250 each as well as $75 in Gas and the initial Ticket Price which...depending on who you are could be very expensive.

But the real DANGER is when you DRIVE HOME DRUNK...as regardless of which team you were rooting for....YOU ENDED UP SPENDING MONEY AND BOTH THE RED AND BLUE TEAMS MADE LOTS OF MONEY AND SO DID THE COMPANIES WHO OWN THE STADIUM, SELL THE FOOD AND BEVERAGES...SELL THE HATS, SHIRTS, JACKETS AND OTHER ITEMS OF BOTH TEAMS...PLUS THE COMPANIES WHO MAKE ALL THIS STUFF...as you drive out of the parking lot that charged you $20 which is land and road that the STATE PITCHED IN TO HELP WITH LIGHTING, WATER AND SEWER AND ROAD INFRASTRUCTURE which your taxes PAID FOR!

BUT HEY! GO TEAMS! CUZ I'M A FAN AND MY TEAM IS THE BEST! YOUR TEAMS SUCKS!

Now for real...if you would like to fix our problems...get off your asses and DO SOMETHING ABOUT IT! START A NEW TEAM! A COUPLE NEW TEAMS! Say both a WHITE and a BLACK set of TEAMS and vote FOR WHAT THEY CAN DO FOR YOU! NOT JUST BECAUSE YOU HAVE ALWAYS ROOTED FOR RED OR BLUE! If the WHITE OR BLACK TEAMS HAVE SOMETHING THEY REPRESENT YOU LIKE OR YOU FEEL THEY CAN HELP YOU OR YOUR LEAGUE...IE...THE COUNTRY ACCOMPLISH....then BUY A NEW COLORED JERSEY AND VOTE! Split Infinity

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

(I've had to write/rewrite my post several times
)

Basically, some people are just plain wrong. Socially, morally, ethically. It may be their personal belief system, but that doesn't change the fact that they are wrong.

This can go to either aspect of the ideological spectrum (I admit) but (being conservative) we are less wrong.

But that is life.

You put three people in a room, and you'll have 6 different opinions on any given subject.

People are going to disagree. That's what makes us human. We are a combative, argumentative, aggressive, obnoxious species.

The sooner you can come to the realisation that no-one will ever agree with another on everything, the better you may feel.

Good luck, OP.

Just enjoy the variety that life offers.

Intelligence can overcome many things. Beezzer is conservative and I'm liberal, but I just LOVE that lil bunny!!!! and he tolerates the lil chiten!

posted on Jul, 27 2012 @ 11:33 PM
link   

minded and downright hostile they are towards those who don't share their opinions.

That might be 90% of why I often disagree with liberal agenda. I always do the opposite to what a hostile person wants of me.

posted on Jul, 28 2012 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I think what your talking about feeling a sort of sense of hostility and single mindedness when it comes to political beliefs isn't just a liberal thing. It American politics in general live in a conservative town or go to a school and you would get the same feeling but in general people won't get hostile towards you if you have different political beliefs contrary to their own.

American political can be intense, but like I said even if you have different beliefs then others must people won't hold it against you and might but up for a lively debate and or screaming match, but at the end of the day shake hands and keep working or living together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join