It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Satan and Lucifer and Isis (Ashtarah) are not the same. The energies are different!

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Praetorius

Originally posted by muzzleflash

Originally posted by Praetorius

The god of the hebrews and the gods of ancient sumeria being a good example - no real need to put them at odds, when EA and YHWH might have been the same guy, etc.

That is quite possible in fact.

Ea, I believe, was pronounced "Yah" originally.
There are some good reasons to suspect this.

Yes and no - based on some evidence from Josephus, inadvertant or no - it seems like YHVH may actually have been pronounced ee-ah-oo-ay...and that ee-ah is what strikes me in light of EA. Study here on why Yahweh/ee-ah-oo-ay seems to be the correct pronunciation, and how is so phonetically similar to the sumerian deity.

Take care, and enjoy the weird wonder that's out there. Learning every day...yet still a true believer.

So I had it backwards you think?
Well if Josephus claimed such, I will have to take his assertion into consideration.

Correcting this minor mistake will be simple however, because I just have to reverse my understanding of the letter Y and approach from the exact opposite angle.

Thanks for the link and correction, as I am always happy to learn more things.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No, I don't think you had it backwards at all. The name just kept evolving into it became Yahweh, and then Jehovah.

<< 1   >>

join