It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun laws in the USA,,,

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Hell I could hit you from a 100 yards with a bow if I were so inclined. You'd probably survive, but It'd likely ruin your day.

link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

Originally posted by roaland

Originally posted by buster2010

reply to post by roaland

That wasn't the question though ...the CC lessons don't show you how to deal with what happen in thats cinema.

If i had a gun and he was aiming at me yeah sure i'd fire back....but am i making the situation better doing that ~??? not i don't think i am.

E

Yes you would be making the situation better because you could have saved lives by taking him down. As soon as he started shooting I would have shot him through the head. I wouldn't have waited for him to turn his weapon on me.

Someone said he was armed to the teeth and covered in body armor.....what could a CC person do??

E

You ever been hit with a bullet with body armor on? It takes your breath away at best and even a low caliber bullet would be enough to distract him and his shots enough for him to miss when he pulled the trigger. Having body armor on doesn't mean it doesn't still hurt.

LOL so now we have gone from stopping him dead to ...hurting him abit....ok lets say i shoot him and give him a "boo boo"....he walks over to me and my kids and shoots us ....CUS WE HAVE NO ARMOR!

I think maybe you think this is a movie or something where you would be a hero taking out the bad guy ! its real life ....you would be running for the door as fast as me ....!

E

Actually, he made is way to the door and shot anyone who tried to get out. The best way to stop a person from shooting a gun is to make sure the gun isn't in their hands. You shoot the guy and move closer to him, get him off feet and get on top of him as fast as you possibly can. Again, carrying a gun for self defense means your not only carrying it to protect yourself but also others around you that may not have the means to defend themselves.

link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

It is up to date.

If you don't think so send your army and well kick their asses all over again!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nucleardiver

In wake of the deaths in the cinema complex in Colorado, what do people think of the gun law in the US?

I personally think that the gun law needs updating, i don't think civilians need to own massively high powered assault rifles.
Guns should be free to buy/own/care everywhere but there has to be some kind of cap on the amount and type people can have!

RIP the people that died!

E

First of all since you're in the UK why don't you concentrate just a little more on ways to effectively stop the mass stabbings that take place in your country. It really pisses me off when you Brit's want to start putting in your 2 cents about how messed up our gun laws are.

The ban on guns in britian has done nothing to quell the amount of violent crimes in your country yet you seem to think you have all the answers when it comes to our laws. So I guess in the wake of alk the stabbings in the UK us Americans should start telling your country to ban all knives.When you become an American citizen then talk about our laws, until then go have your tea time and chant hail to the queen.

Secondly, guns don't kill people, people kill people......period! A gun, whether it is an 1860 Colt Navy revolver or a Sig Sauer 517 Patrol Rifle is an inanimate object that can do nothing but sit there until someone takes control of it and has no way to kill anyone.

Banning guns of any kind is not the answer, the solution to the problem is to stop the culture of violence that has taken over our nation. Ban guns and people will resort to stabbing people or any number of ways to kill someone. I personally own over 30 guns, from antique cap and ball muskets and revolvers to full auto M4's and AK's and several sniper rifles including an M24 Marine Corps and an L96A2 that was my service rifle. Being an FFL dealer with a class 3 tax certificate I can also own and manufacture destructive devices such as Claymore's and high explosives, of which I own several and I have never killed anyone except in combat and hope I never have to again but if forced to I would without hesitation.

Now if suddenly my guns were made illegal and taken away and I wanted to kill someone I would have a multitude of options available to do so, some would be just as efficient and ash and some would require more effort but they would all get the job done. I could use a bow and arrow, a speargun, a compressed air potatoes gun, run them over with a car, a knife, a baseball bat, a golf club, an axe, a pitchfork, a shovel, a hockey stick, my dumbbells bar, stab them in the jugular with a pen or pencil, a broken bottle, make a bomb with diesel fuel and nitrate fertalizer, boil chlorine bleach down and add potassium to make a potassium chlorate bomb, strangle them with a telephone cord or piece of rope,or just use my bare hands.

My point is that no matter what is available to a person if they want to kill someone they will. People have been killing people since we were either in the Garden of Eden or nomadic cavemen living in caves and using stone and antler tools, it will not stop but for you to be so hypocritical and naive to think that banning or restricting guns will do anything to stop it is just ignorant.

It's a bit rich say we think we have all the answers when it's you guys that do all the bullying around the world bombing and smashing smaller countries ect....

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

It is up to date.

If you don't think so send your army and well kick their asses all over again!

LOL thats a great response

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Well the actuality of that situation is you told your family to stay down while you egress away from them, drawing his attention to you. Distracting him or even possibly killing him. You don't just stand there in some sort of old west shoot out. That is bull#.

If it were me, armed or not I would have made an attempt to stop him. Even though I do not own any guns. He is in the theater shooting people, it is noisy, chaotic, so you use that environment to your advantage. Common sense goes a long way.

link   

You aren't very bright are you? How about letting me shoot you with my .357 magnum while you wear body armor? The round might not penetrate, BUT you will go down and you will probably have broken ribs unless you have a ceramic plate installed. Even with that, you are still going down. You will be trying for a few minutes to regain your breath. Stop believing the movies man.

link   

Look there is only one thing that matters in regards to the 2nd amendment. Its design and purpose is not out of date..

It's designed to protect us from people like you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

Well over a hundred years ago then yeah??
they need bringing up to date!

E

Just because a country is not being invading now it does not mean one wont be in 20 years. You have a much better chance of fighting off a invasion if every one owns a gun.

Not even a invading country but a unjust Government that does not listen to the people, like the one we have now.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:35 PM
link   

reply to post by roaland

That wasn't the question though ...the CC lessons don't show you how to deal with what happen in thats cinema.

If i had a gun and he was aiming at me yeah sure i'd fire back....but am i making the situation better doing that ~??? not i don't think i am.

E

Yes you would be making the situation better because you could have saved lives by taking him down. As soon as he started shooting I would have shot him through the head. I wouldn't have waited for him to turn his weapon on me.

Someone said he was armed to the teeth and covered in body armor.....what could a CC person do??

E

He had body armor on but only had a gas mask on his head those aren't bulletproof. Remember only dead people shoot to wound.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:37 PM
link   

reply to post by roaland

E

E

Boday armor has plenty of weak/open spots, the neck, groin, armpit area, back of the knees, or the most obvious; the face and eyes. A properly trained marksman with the proper weapon could have stopped him easily. That's why I carry a Sig .40 loaded with wadcutters, 2 shots in the same spot will drill through the toughest body armor, or a well placed shot to the face/eye.

link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte

You aren't very bright are you? How about letting me shoot you with my .357 magnum while you wear body armor? The round might not penetrate, BUT you will go down and you will probably have broken ribs unless you have a ceramic plate installed. Even with that, you are still going down. You will be trying for a few minutes to regain your breath. Stop believing the movies man.

A .357 would most likely penetrate current body armor technology, unless it hits the trauma plate.
Even then, youre day and many days after that, sucks.

link   

reply to post by roaland

E

E

You ever been hit with a bullet with body armor on? It takes your breath away at best and even a low caliber bullet would be enough to distract him and his shots enough for him to miss when he pulled the trigger. Having body armor on doesn't mean it doesn't still hurt.

LOL so now we have gone from stopping him dead to ...hurting him abit....ok lets say i shoot him and give him a "boo boo"....he walks over to me and my kids and shoots us ....CUS WE HAVE NO ARMOR!

I think maybe you think this is a movie or something where you would be a hero taking out the bad guy ! its real life ....you would be running for the door as fast as me ....!

E

Actually, he made is way to the door and shot anyone who tried to get out. The best way to stop a person from shooting a gun is to make sure the gun isn't in their hands. You shoot the guy and move closer to him, get him off feet and get on top of him as fast as you possibly can. Again, carrying a gun for self defense means your not only carrying it to protect yourself but also others around you that may not have the means to defend themselves.

LOL so your talking about "shoot and fire" tactics....in a cinema!....i have been under fire in Afghanistan with full body armor and SA-80....if your shooting at a target your not aiming at the gun like in a spagety westen....this is real life!!!

Ok what if you hit a passing person running away what you going to do then??

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rockpuck

Look there is only one thing that matters in regards to the 2nd amendment. Its design and purpose is not out of date..

People like me????????????????????????????

Care to explain??

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Hell I could hit you from a 100 yards with a bow if I were so inclined. You'd probably survive, but It'd likely ruin your day.

Why you wanna shoot me?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by sparky31

Funny that you say that you dont have guns. Even with gun laws in the UK they can be gotten illegally and shootings do still happen there.

www.independent.co.uk...
Case in point

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:41 PM
link   

reply to post by roaland

E

E

E

LOL so your talking about "shoot and fire" tactics....in a cinema!....i have been under fire in Afghanistan with full body armor and SA-80....if your shooting at a target your not aiming at the gun like in a spagety westen....this is real life!!!

E

its called shoot and move, shoot and move. Someone else said it in this thread, you don;t just stand there and shoot the guy. Use your environment, its crowded, there are seats, it isn't an open area where its hard for you to break away from his line of direct sight. Its call Common sense, invest in it. Your obviously not listening to those of us of Like mind and therefore not worthy of responding to anymore.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:42 PM
link   
There are far far to many gun toting Americans thats collect tons of guns and play out these little fantasies in there head where there getting invaded and there town looks on them for protection.....

This is the real world!!

Im not against gun ownership ....just against gun ownership gone crazy!!!

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

People like me????????????????????????????

Care to explain??

E

I do not know what HE personally meant by the comment but I agree.
People that want to TAKE our RIGHTS, witch keep us safe.

Safe from?
Safe from invasion, safe from our own Government, safe from gangsters that will not abide by the laws.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

reply to post by roaland

E

E

E

E

its called shoot and move, shoot and move. Someone else said it in this thread, you don;t just stand there and shoot the guy. Use your environment, its crowded, there are seats, it isn't an open area where its hard for you to break away from his line of direct sight. Its call Common sense, invest in it. Your obviously not listening to those of us of Like mind and therefore not worthy of responding to anymore.

Maybe on the "range" its called shoot and move...have you ever fired on a human target with the aim of killing them?

E

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join