It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun laws in the USA,,,

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:39 AM
link   
I'm really sick of Europeans telling us how we need to govern our country especially those from the UK. The Brits are the reason we even have a 2nd ammendment to begin with. The nerve of Pierce Morgan to sit up there and tell us we need to be disarmed. Get the hell back on whatever boat you came from with your 5 people that actually watch your garbage show and go back to England and worship your queen.

Worry about the laws in your own damn country.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by thehoneycomb
If guns were more accepted by the main stream, then things like this would not be allowed to happen.

Rather then banning guns, we should promote law abiding citizens to remain armed at all times.

Exactly.

Someone give this man a cookie.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Lannister

The laws in our country have currently resulted in the lowest rate of Murders in British history. Now I think Pearce Morgan is wrong to call for you to diss arm. It is none of his business and the 2nd Amendment is an important part of your constitution. We are different countries, with different cultures and histories.

At this point in time. I am happy not to have a populace with such easy access to weapons. We, like you are a violent society and we don't need to put assault riffles into the equations. Our high streets are bad enough on a weekend evening.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by woodwardjnr

The laws in our country have currently resulted in the lowest rate of Murders in British history. Now I think Pearce Morgan is wrong to call for you to diss arm. It is none of his business and the 2nd Amendment is an important part of your constitution. We are different countries, with different cultures and histories.

At this point in time. I am happy not to have a populace with such easy access to weapons. We, like you are a violent society and we don't need to put assault riffles into the equations. Our high streets are bad enough on a weekend evening.

Right and that's all well and good. It's just the nerve of this guy that couldn't cut it in his own country so he comes over here and thinks he should have a say in OUR politics? The man replaced Larry King which is an insult in itself but this? Morgan should be thrown off the air and deported back to England for obviously failing to adapt to his surroundings. The nerve of this guy to think that we actually give a damn about what he thinks.

Let me ask you a question. If I came to the UK and walked into a bar and told the people there that they need to adopt more American like laws, how long do you think I'd be sitting in that bar? If I got arrested in the UK and told the officer that "that's not how it works in the states" what would be the reaction? Morgan has stepped way over the line with his bullcrap and it's a joke that the man still has a tv show.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:56 AM
link   

Let me ask you a question. If I came to the UK and walked into a bar and told the people there that they need to adopt more American like laws, how long do you think I'd be sitting in that bar? If I got arrested in the UK and told the officer that "that's not how it works in the states" what would be the reaction? Morgan has stepped way over the line with his bullcrap and it's a joke that the man still has a tv show.

It depends what bar/pub you went into and what laws you proposed. I would certainly like an American style constitution. Pearce Morgan is pretty much hatted in this country and the butt of many jokes. People are always taking the piss out of how no one watches his CNN show.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK
reply to post by benrl

I think a gun is a very fast and effective way of killing... that's why "crazy" people use that method etc.

E

Right. Take the gun out of the equation and then crazy people will use the next most effective way - homemade bombs. I'm actually surprised that homemade bombs aren't used more often than guns. They can kill more with one bang.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:48 AM
link   
reply to post by EqualizerUK

You can't own an assault rifle in the united states. An Assault rifle is defined as a rifle that has a high capacity clip AND a selective fire feature allowing fully automatic and three shot burst. Rifles like that are illegal.

Anytime there's something in the news, the word assault rifle is missused. From what I understand the kid purchased it legally. That means it wasn't an assault rifle unless he modified it. Given his intelligence, that's not out of the question.

If you happen to be reasonably intelligent, you can make a semi-automatic weapon fully automatic, illegally. If the police see you doing it, that's it for you!

Then again a big bore hunting rifle can take an elk at 1,000+ yards in the right hands.

Semi-automatic AR-15 style rifles are far from the most dangerous.

An f-350 spinning donuts on the lawn of a Garth Brooks concert could kill just as many people as a firing squad of assault rilfes. Shall we restrict automobiles as well?

Gun laws haven't helped the first world. They've just made more people live through a tube for the rest of their life, and ensure that all the criminals have a clear advantage over their victims.
edit on 21-7-2012 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by 1MrMarc

I don't plan on shooting soldiers and police officers if they ever come to get my guns, and I also don't plan to voluntarily turn them in.

This is honorable, but how do you know whether the OTHER person who owns guns thinks the same as you?
Your neighbor might be a total nut-job, ready to blow anyone up if he sees his liberty in danger. (Which sometimes could be a irrational, delusional thing as well...do you think ALL people in the US (lol, lol) are rational? )

Do you think that ANY gun owner thinks like you, responsible etc...or would you ADMIT that some people have guns who should never have them in the first place? You will likely not go on a spree shooting random people like a maniac...but maybe just a block away from you you have some psycho already planning the next shooting - with guns he can easily buy at walmart or online. AND WHO THE FRACK controls this and their eligibility etc. to have guns?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:21 AM
link   
people are stupid, letting them carry guns is more stupid...wait.....stupider.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:37 AM
link   
I suspect that this is another incident of mind-control programming, and people screaming for new gun laws is exactly the reaction that the Fascists in the US Government are looking for. They will happily oblige.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 06:44 AM
link   
This has been said many times before but...

You can use whatever means you desire to kill someone or many. You could taint the school water system and kill or seriously poison hundreds who's had a sip of it. This is the classic style that we've all grew up with where rivers would get tainted to affect villages and kingdoms of ye olde days. I'm sure if you sat down and thought about it, you could conjure up some seriously messed up things, yes -- everyone has that ability.

Banning automatic guns is obviously smart because why make these more available than it already is? You can bump up semi-automatic guns to full-automatic with a slight adjustment to it but not everyone knows this. I don't know whether or not this should be banned or not but it's not necessary in defense.

If you ban guns, criminals will still get them. Do you know where to get illegal unmarked guns? Ask the feds, they're quite good at selling them.

Anyways, if everyone carried a gun, it would be terrible. If responsible people in an ideal world were to carry guns while the irresponsible were criminals were to also carry guns, then the criminals may fear a little more about guns. But, I've done a lot of work in computer security / hacking (yes, for the good) and if I know anything about criminals is this... You can ban one thing, there will be a loophole somewhere. If you take away every gun in the world and destroy them and somehow made it so nobody could produce guns themselves, then they will find another way to kill. There's no stopping them through conventional means. The only way to stop them is with a pistol pointing at them with your finger pulling back on the trigger.

It's terrible that this is how it has to be but you cannot prevent murderers. You may deter them, but it'll only work like the MPAA trying to deter piracy, people get more creative and they just do it more when you piss them off. Now what's crazy is this thing happened right before the U.N. meeting for a bill that might possibly take away guns from citizens of the world (yeaaaah.... good luck with that). Food for thought and my two cents!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:25 AM
link   

You keep asking that! I don't care if they were written in 10,000BC. The founding fathers knew this day would come again just as it did for them. They provided for THIS day with the second amendment!

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Let me preface this by saying I've been shot at before. I don't understand where the people were in that theater who saw the carnage and said "My life for everyone else in here!". Not one person rushed this guy. It would have only taken one from the rear to knock him down and then others would have piled on. People were dying already. Was NO ONE willing to sacrifice themselves for the greater good? Come on... what has happened to the people of the US? They were outgunned but he was outnumbered, and he can only face one direction at a time. Is everyone SO afraid of death that they mindlessly ran for the exit? Was there not ONE person willing to try?

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:52 AM
link   
I've had great success dispelling the "assault rifle" and "high powered rifle" myths with this simple video over the years:

Pretty much anyone using either term in public is essentially standing up and announcing they are a complete imbecile in front of whoever will listen.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:10 AM
link   
how do guns kill people?? our government could care less how many die they just want control,,most of the people that are trying to outlaw guns allso voted for seat belts,and there talking about takeing kids out of familys because there obeast calling it child abues,..i wonder what these gun control people could do if they used all there time makeing stronger"PENALTYS" law & order.. not punish me for what somebody else did..they all ready made that killer out to be "mental",loner, out cast its the guns falt he didnt mean to do it..what would our government lawmakers say if the familys of the dead got on 2020 and marched the street & stormed the jail cell saying hang him??? stronger penaltys would save us a lot of tax money feeding & houseing these criminals...what would 2020 have to talk about today if this killer was convicted with a fair trial today, & turned into compost tomorrow..he did it not me,leave me alone let me work 60 hrs a week to feed my family pay my taxs..please dont thank for one minute a law of any kind over guns will make your life safer it will only make ammo go on the blackmarket like drugs..ill have to go i the hood shopping, instead of Wallmart. ill go to jail for haveing a gun and get a education our prisoners are walking on carpet floors..start yelling STRONGER PENALTYS watch how fast our government for the people defends that killer with doctors & lawyers ...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

I could bore you with long psychological talk abut I won't.

the problem with certain cities is more than financial.

But it is basically the passing on of a lifestyle from one generation to the next. If a girl's mother, aunts, and older sisters are all having babies at 15, she most likely will too.same with the boys and seeing uncles and fathers go to jail.
it is all they know, but the home with the white picket fence and an education is about as feasible to them as me buying the taj mahal.
It is a war zone. But they are isolated.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Op doesnt have a clue what hes talking about and im sick of this crap. Assault rifles are less powerful than regular old deer rifles. Infact 223/5.56 isnt even the greatest round for war. Its a tiny bullet with a huge amount of powder behind it, its supposed to fragment to do damage to body tissue, but at close range it tends to go through people. 45acp, a pistol caliber, has better balistics. The russian 7.62x39 round for the ak47 is a good round, infact its a very good deer hunting caliber. Am i allowed to have a hunting rifle? Ak accuracy tends to blow though.

Ar15s are a perfect weapon for coyotes. And for mountain lions. Just ask the local police where i live on that one....haha.

Assault rifles look scary and have big magazines. That is it. Lets go over the evil features...

Short barrel. This makes it easy to put in my car, compared to my 6 foot mosin nagant rifle.

Heat shield. After i fire 10 to 15 rounds the barrel will burn my hand, this helps it cool faster and gives me a place to grip the gun.

Collapsible stock. Im a tall guy and i can let girls use my gun with this feature. Most girls cant hold my shotgun properly cause the stock is too long. But unlike a gun with a short stock, i can extend it out to be comfortablr for me. Oh, and places that ban collapsible stocks allow a stock at the smallwst length a collapsible stock coapses too...and i can fire one at that length... So wtf?

Pistol grips. Well, they give you a better grip on the gun, could keep an attacker from getting it out of my hands in a home defense situation.

Flash hider...does not hide my position from who im firing at, theres still a flash. It protects my night vision so i can make a follow up shot. Thats it.

Also, once you ban assault weapons, you will go after our other guns. Until we have none. Then youll go after our knives. # off and stop trying to take my most awesome ever coyote gun away.

Also, gun shops in my area cannot keep assault rifles in stock. Theyre so popular that i had to have mine ordered direct from the factory. now theres a waiting list from the factory.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Right okay I've read this thread and to the Americans proclaiming about how our ban on guns is useless because of our "mass stabbings" you CLEARLY have no idea.

I live in what could be considered to be on the roughest parts of the UK and i've never ever seen anyone get stabbed, never seen anyone threatned to get stabbed or anything.

How exactly would you go about a "mass stabbing" because I imagine running into a cinema and stabbing a few people before the masses in the cinema decided to over power the 1 guy with a knife would be a pretty spectacular failure.

Okay and go tell the 3 month old baby and 6 year old girls parents why guns should be permitted...

Guns should be banned all over the world. They allow dangerous people easy access to dangerous weapons.

Honest to god wtf do you guys expect and why are you always so suprised when you get your anual mass shooting?! If some nutcase can buy a dangerous weapon over the counter there is OBVIOUSLY going to be these types of murders!

And you claim about your god damn amendment... Let it go these laws were written centuries ago. Disarm the people and disarm the police. Yes it will take a few decades for gun control to be at an effective level, but in the long run it will be worth it.

It does amuse me though. Statistically, one of the stupidest countries on earth have no gun controls...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by SaltireWarrior

How exactly would you go about a "mass stabbing" because I imagine running into a cinema and stabbing a few people before the masses in the cinema decided to over power the 1 guy with a knife would be a pretty spectacular failure.

Saw a homeless dude hack and stab his way through a coffee shop killing at least 6 and wounding a dozen more then flee to the sidewalk where he continued wound another dozen before the cops shoot him.

It was a raving homeless nut with a box cutter.

That's how.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
And imagine he had a gun ...

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14 >>

join