It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gun laws in the USA,,,

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
reply to post by EqualizerUK

Never said pathetic ...but you seem to think it would be easy shooting someone ...take it from me its not!

E

the loud mouth gun owners are normally the ones that would never shoot anyway

Well then, since us gun owners are all so apathetic and timid, "they" have nothing to worry about, right?

Never said pathetic ...but you seem to think it would be easy shooting someone ...take it from me its not!

edit on 20-7-2012 by EqualizerUK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   
GUns for self defense.

FOr a home invasion guns work great. If your walking down the street and you get mugged but are carrying a weapon you are still screwed. If the guy wants to harm you he will just simply approach you unseen while you are busy distracted and ambush you. The assailant will be on you so quickly that you will be smothered by his attacks. You will not be able to get to a gun or any other "Self Defense" weapon marketed in time. YOu just simply won't. even if you are already holding said weapon. Great now I know one of your hands is tied up holding something you won't be able to successfully deploy in any real threatening way. Also objects are very easily knocked out of ones hands by someone who's got experience doing just that. THe only good defense against a mugging is vigilance and an attitude that says don't f with this one.

Hand to Hand boxing skills and basic grappling will do far more than having a concealed weapon. I own guns but my friends that own guns don't have the experience I have with violence and how it really goes down and they simply can't believe that having a concealed weapon will not help them when SHTF.

ANd believe me once you start learning true combative hand to hand fighting methods you will be astounded just how much damage and how quickly it can be done (in under a second) to just about any man. Necks are fragile things believe that.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:06 PM
link   

Statistics are usually given incidents per 100,000 people so population can be accounted for. If you have a country that only has 400,000 people but 20 rapes, it would seem a very low number, but if you actually account per population, it will be higher than countries who have 30,000,000.

I think it really is a difference in cultures. I just think Americans are less tolerant of personal crime. We also have the most prisoners (though why is debateable) and longer sentences.

I have talked to people in the UK and they are like, oh the store near me was just robbed by some kids. It is a strangely blaise attitude about it. Americans would call the police and press charges, lol.

to me perosnally, it is really a mute point to discuss gun control with a maniac shooting 20 people at once, because that is a high profile, isolated incident, by a very unstable person.

It would be like counting the planes crashed into buildings as regular plane crashes for pilot error and mechanical failure, it really shouldn't even compute.

edit on 20-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Infi8nity

There's no real way a nation would be able to take on the US in conventional warfare, they are far too well equiped, funded and technologicaly advanced. So in a hypothetical war situation it would have to involve nuclear weapons or worse. In that kind of fight having an armed population is irrelevant. Once the infrastructure was destoyed it would be every irradiated man for himself.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by EqualizerUK

Originally posted by Infi8nity

Originally posted by thehoneycomb

Why don't you just come for my guns yourself and find out?

I don't want your guns....thats the problem with the pro gun lobby ....there always trying to defend to the death there right to bare arms....yet how many have actually defended there beloved USA on foreign soil ??? not many !!

I don't think you should have guns with your attitude...

E

Defend your country on foreign soil? You mean take over a country so you can use their resources to continue a consumerism way of living? Thats defending?

I agree the USA went to war when they had no right too!

that's something they have to justify every day!

E

Then why are you telling people to defend their country on foreign soil when defending the US on foreign soil does not exist? No one is going to start war with us unless we are posing a threat. 700billion dollar military budget, the highest in the world. The second is china 100billion. Whos going to declare war? We are apart of the U.N.

No one will declare war on you guys....my best guess is you will get nuked!! with in 10 years....you will be clutching your guns in vain!

E

You guys? Your not in America? Then what make you think you have the right to talk to us about gun control?

What rights are we breaking by asking questions ...isn't that what ATS is all about?....

E

Is their a communication brake down cause im from US and your from...? Or you just being a smart ass?
What makes you a expert? You do not live hear so you do not know what its like. YOU are not personally effected by the gun laws hear. Its just arrogant, I could care less if the EU has strict guns laws. If it works their then it works. America was founded on these rights. The idea of freedom, we are slowly losing that freedom. We no longer have a balanced judicial system, the president alone can declare war. We are ran by corporate power crazy thugs. Our constitution is all we have left of this idea of freedom(well besides the flag propaganda HA). Take away one of those rights and you might as well change the name of country. The constitution was meant to be a document of steel. It dictates laws. If we still allowed it to dictate our laws and had a the balanced system our founders made then things would be a heck of allot different. We would not be waging unjust wars, WOULD be staging our law. That document is our last thread.

So hold on ...just because i don't live in the US i can't have an opinion?
I don't need to be an expert to have an opinion do i ?

your laws need a rewrite because you can buy guns in "WALMART" lol how stupid is that???

E

When its our one of our last means of a just Government its not stupid at all. 12,000 deaths out of 300million. %80 of them are gang violence. Its not that bad...

Did you go to school? Ever have a teacher punish the whole class because of one persons mishap?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

There's no real way a nation would be able to take on the US in conventional warfare, they are far too well equiped, funded and technologicaly advanced. So in a hypothetical war situation it would have to involve nuclear weapons or worse. In that kind of fight having an armed population is irrelevant. Once the infrastructure was destoyed it would be every irradiated man for himself.

Once again today they are but tomorrow they might now be.

The main reason our military is so advanced is because our ability to print fake money. How long will that last?
edit on 20-7-2012 by Infi8nity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

If that happened state by state they would surrender!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

yes, that is warfare on a whole nother level. That doesn't even compute in crime data. Because if the need came to use nuclear weapons, then shtf.

Actually, I think Russia has a few thousand more nukes than the US, but I don't know their quality.

the FBI doesn't even consider nuclear weapon theft an issue, because the nukes are so sophisticated, very few countries would have the capabilty to even figure out how to launch them.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:15 PM
link   

I don't want your guns....thats the problem with the pro gun lobby ....there always trying to defend to the death there right to bare arms....yet how many have actually defended there beloved USA on foreign soil ??? not many !!

E

Defend your country on foreign soil? You mean take over a country so you can use their resources to continue a consumerism way of living? Thats defending?

E

Then why are you telling people to defend their country on foreign soil when defending the US on foreign soil does not exist? No one is going to start war with us unless we are posing a threat. 700billion dollar military budget, the highest in the world. The second is china 100billion. Whos going to declare war? We are apart of the U.N.

No one will declare war on you guys....my best guess is you will get nuked!! with in 10 years....you will be clutching your guns in vain!

E

You guys? Your not in America? Then what make you think you have the right to talk to us about gun control?

What rights are we breaking by asking questions ...isn't that what ATS is all about?....

E

Is their a communication brake down cause im from US and your from...? Or you just being a smart ass?
What makes you a expert? You do not live hear so you do not know what its like. YOU are not personally effected by the gun laws hear. Its just arrogant, I could care less if the EU has strict guns laws. If it works their then it works. America was founded on these rights. The idea of freedom, we are slowly losing that freedom. We no longer have a balanced judicial system, the president alone can declare war. We are ran by corporate power crazy thugs. Our constitution is all we have left of this idea of freedom(well besides the flag propaganda HA). Take away one of those rights and you might as well change the name of country. The constitution was meant to be a document of steel. It dictates laws. If we still allowed it to dictate our laws and had a the balanced system our founders made then things would be a heck of allot different. We would not be waging unjust wars, WOULD be staging our law. That document is our last thread.

your laws need a rewrite because you can buy guns in "WALMART" lol how stupid is that???

E

When its our one of our last means of a just Government its not stupid at all. 12,000 deaths out of 300million. %80 of them are gang violence. Its not that bad...

Did you go to school? Ever have a teacher punish the whole class because of one persons mishap?

One death is to many .....!

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

State by state?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

E

Well then, since us gun owners are all so apathetic and timid, "they" have nothing to worry about, right?

"Apathetic" means lazy etc.. not the same as "pathetic". Anyway, I wouldnt want to shoot a person but I would if I had to and depending on the circumstances, I wouldnt let it get me down to much.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:17 PM
link   

I absolutely agree with you. But there is not a single country, except maybe Tibet, that doesn't have death due to violence. It is just human nature.

No country is immune from wackadoos.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:19 PM
link   

E

E

E

E

E

E

This is coming from the same person that think junkies are worthless human being and she be rid of.

Lol

People need to die and yes even the young. Population over growth is a MASSIVE problem.
People have all ways killed each other.Its our nature you cant take that away. Emotionless robots we would be.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I would never want to hurt anybody. I try not to step on bugs. lol I feel like a killer if I don't recycle a can.

But if you were to threaten my child, may the Gods help you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   
To sum up my attitude - as i live in the UK I'm glad there's not many guns around, I've been trained in a few martial arts and have never even felt physically threatened in my 40 years on this planet living in the UK and i've lived in some of the worst spots of London. However if i lived in the US i'd be a heavily armed individual if i could legally get away with it as I've been programmed by media and American friends to believe the US is a more violent country and having a gun would be of value.

Whether this is true or not is open for debate. I'd be curious to know if our US cousins feel safe going about their daily lives or would they prefer it if their society was safer. Also excuding gun controls what methods would people like to see inacted to make a safer society.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:21 PM
link   

E

"Apathetic" means lazy etc.. not the same as "pathetic". Anyway, I wouldnt want to shoot a person but I would if I had to and depending on the circumstances, I wouldnt let it get me down to much.

I must have miss read it...

You have no idea what you would feel like to take a life! to say it wouldn't bother you is nonsense

E

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:26 PM
link   

E

E

E

E

E

E

This is coming from the same person that think junkies are worthless human being and she be rid of.

Lol

People need to die and yes even the young. Population over growth is a MASSIVE problem.
People have all ways killed each other.Its our nature you cant take that away. Emotionless robots we would be.

"people need to die"??????? your a sad sad person!!!
As much as i hate durg addicts i don't wish death on there ....your remark is shocking!!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
reply to post by Juggernog

I would never want to hurt anybody. I try not to step on bugs. lol I feel like a killer if I don't recycle a can.

But if you were to threaten my child, may the Gods help you.

I totally agree !!!!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   
lets outlaw all guns then box cutters they were used in taking down two buildings then what. what about stronger penaltys you kill and convicted you die not get to watch cable TV & get rich with a life story on 2020 let the familys of the dead deside his fate

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Because the few bad areas overshadow the good ones.

The area where I work. BAD Huge issues there. It is also a very crime ridden city in poverty.

My neighborhood? No problem. You go to the mall in DC, you are perfectly safe.

The last place I lived, there hasn't been a crime there in 15 years or more, even then it was a teen stealing a bike out of the shed.

So the majority of the country is very safe, I have no fear going about my daily life.

It is just the American way. We got starte by people who didn't like the way things were, and wanted to protect their own. The revolution was started by people who didn't like the way things were, and wanted to protect their own. We are just overzealous about protecting our own. And it works.

I had this discussion with a Russian coworker who was from Chernobyl (its how he ended up on the US, poor soul)
And he mentioned, in his Russian way, about how fanatic Americans were with politics. I said I agree, it is overkill. But I say that overly watchful eye is also keep politicians on their toes. And no,t hat is not to start a debate. While some of our politicians are corrupt(again, everyone country has them) some are not,despite popuar belief here. And people don't know how infinitely worse things can get.

Sudan, the women are not even allowed to admit to the government that they have been raped.
Africa, officials will seize property from the poor and there is nothing the citizen can do about it.
Middle East, women's rights, enough said.
China, people on ATS worry about eminant domain, the Three Gorges dam is a violation of the worst kind. Buildings that were thousands of years old went underwater.

I watched one woman cry as her house of 8 generations was seized from her. EIGHT generations.Her house was occupied by her family before this country was ever founded.

And now the dam is causing an environmental nightmare.
edit on 20-7-2012 by nixie_nox because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join