It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Israeli Intelligence Bolstered; Israeli Army To Intervene In Syria!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Barak: Israel may seize advanced weapons in Syria

Israel is preparing for a possible military intervention in Syria in case the Syrian government hands missiles or chemical weapons to Hezbollah in Lebanon, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said on Friday. "I have instructed the military to increase its intelligence preparations and prepare what is needed so that ... (if necessary) ... we will be able to consider carrying out an operation," Barak said in an interview on Channel 10 television.

www.jpost.com...

No surprise here. Also, when (not if) Syria falls... i can see Israeli expanding on the Golan Heights.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
When will they do this? When the rebels have done all the work? And by what right has Israel to do this at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Your thread title is misleading...you missed out the word "Possible"....Doing something and possibly doing something are as night & day...

Respects

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
When will they do this? When the rebels have done all the work? And by what right has Israel to do this at all.

Protecting their own interests.

Let's say Mexico's Government fell hard, the Mexican Military was destroying homes and buildings with large tanks and helicopters and US government has intel about Cartels that broke into Chemical Weapons storage areas and are on the border ready to use them...

What do you personally believe the US Military would do?

I await your response.
edit on 20-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by CALGARIAN

Originally posted by buster2010

Protecting their own interests.

Let's say Mexico's Government fell hard, the Mexican Military was destroying homes and buildings with large tanks and helicopters and US government has intel about Cartels that broke into Chemical Weapons storage areas and are on the border ready to use them...

What do you personally believe the US Military would do?

I await your response.
edit on 20-7-2012 by CALGARIAN because: (no reason given)

They use this excuse all the time. And it's nothing but a load of BS. Israel is just looking for the chance to steal more land. They want to get back their delusional biblical homeland.

If you have been paying attention to the news the cartels don't care about the government because they are useless. And the American government has been giving them weapons. Fast and Furious ring a bell?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:53 PM
link   
MAJOR FAIL.

A: This is ONLY IF Syria transfers these weapons to Hizbullah. It HASNT HAPPENED!
B. Not news-this was stated a while back.
C. Any of Syria's neighbors would be foolish if they did not have some sort of plan in place. In fact they do-Jordan, Turkey and the.
D. PLEASE USE READING COMPREHENSION SKILLS WHEN POSTING SUCH MATERIAL AS YOUR TITLE IS MISLEADING AND THUS THE PREMIS OF THIS THREAD IS PREDICATED ON A FALSEHOOD.

Originally posted by CALGARIAN
Barak: Israel may seize advanced weapons in Syria

Israel is preparing for a possible military intervention in Syria in case the Syrian government hands missiles or chemical weapons to Hezbollah in Lebanon, Defense Minister Ehud Barak said on Friday. "I have instructed the military to increase its intelligence preparations and prepare what is needed so that ... (if necessary) ... we will be able to consider carrying out an operation," Barak said in an interview on Channel 10 television.

www.jpost.com...

No surprise here. Also, when (not if) Syria falls... i can see Israeli expanding on the Golan Heights.

edit on 20-7-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

edit on 20-7-2012 by princeofpeace because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:34 AM
link   
The Isreali army is always standing by to expand the borders of isreal......this is what they do............
The defence of the country requires the Golan.....theyll take it all....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:39 AM
link   
Well, OFC Israel will go in NO MATTER what happens with the chemical weapons Syria have.

There are only 3 posible short-term outcomes from syrian civil war :

1.Rebels partialy win.
2.Assad partialy wins.
3.Stalemate.

In the first 2 scenarios, no matter who partialy wins, Syria will be a TOTAL mess and posibly breaking up.There is no way that in short term rebels wins AND kill Assad AND keep bloody revenge againsts the alawites AND keep the country in one pice.
The other way for Assad also.He cannot deliver a massive and total blow to the rebels in short term.

The third scenario is the most posible and the most dangerous, because it emboldends BOTH parties (Assad and FSA) to do ANYTHING for a quick win, best bet being to use chemical weapons.Rebels CAN get their hands on some missiles or even an entire chemical missile unit changing sides.

Anyway, Syria is a mess and ANYTHING outside a massive Russian or NATO intervention, or BOTH, cannot end this quagmire quicly, no matter who wins.The thing is, SOMEONE needs to win, and win quicly and DECISIVELY, or otherwise Israel starts bombing all chem sites in Syria.

Also, what right have Israel to do it? Well, they have no right per se, BUT, would ANYONE wants Hezbollah to have chemical missiles AND use them? Because they WILL USE them.They are a bunch of "martyridom brainwashed" militans.They will do it, Israel knows that they will, and Israel with give the finger to the world about the "rights" they have or not have to SURVIVE.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Well, thats exactly what Israel should be doing. We know that Syria has chemical weapons. We know Hezbollah wants anything it can get. We also know Iran and Syria are supporters of them. Its as simple as protecting your population. And to all the people saying its a land grab...tell me how much Israel has expanded? Its like the size of new jersey. And last time i checked, they gave the Sinai back to Egypt, and offered the Palestinians their own nation(which they rejected).

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
The nightmare scenario, so far as Israel is concerned, goes as follows.

The revolt against the Assad regime succeeds in toppling him. The revolutionaries kill him. Syria begins to fragment.

Next... Hezzbollah somehow manages to get a hold of some of the chemical weapons that Syria has. Rhetorical question here... Who do you think they're going to aim those weapons at? I wonder...

Israel would be well within their rights to do something about that. So, too, would Jordan, and Turkey, and any of their neighbors. Their sole responsibility is the safety of their citizens.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:12 AM
link   
I just want to add my 2 cents about Syria's chemical weapons capabilities.

Chemical weapons have a very short "shelf life" of about 2-5 years. After this shelf life the chemicals go bad and are ineffective.

The MSM claims that Iraq trucked its chemical weapons stockpile to Syria as the US invaded and that this is how Syria has a large CW capability. Whether this is true or not is of little consequence because either way the chemicals would be expired and useless by now.

Is Syria currently producing a chemical weapon stockpile? I have not seen the evidence.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by METACOMET

Useless? That may, or may not, be true.

Can those bordering countries take that chance? I don't think I would.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by seagull

Useless? That may, or may not, be true.

Can those bordering countries take that chance? I don't think I would.

Agreed for the most part, Seagull.

However, the CIA claims that Iraq's Sarin agent was so poor that it only lasted a couple of weeks before it decomposed. If these are the only stockpiles that Syria has, we can confidently conclude that they are way beyond decomposed after all these years.

It's important to have all the facts before such drastic action is taken. Don't you agree?

Forgive me if I'm skeptical about powers claiming other powers have WMDs as an excuse to go to war.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:35 AM
link   

No excuse necessary.

We should all be skeptical.

The operative word is "if". I can't blame these countries for being prepared to act.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:37 AM
link   
It's worth noting that regimes sometimes exaggerate the strength of their own arsenals to serve as a deterrent to both foreign and domestic threats. So even if Syria came right and said how strong their weapons were, it doesn't necessarily mean that's a fact. Iraq proved that conclusively.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by METACOMET
I just want to add my 2 cents about Syria's chemical weapons capabilities.

Chemical weapons have a very short "shelf life" of about 2-5 years. After this shelf life the chemicals go bad and are ineffective.

The MSM claims that Iraq trucked its chemical weapons stockpile to Syria as the US invaded and that this is how Syria has a large CW capability. Whether this is true or not is of little consequence because either way the chemicals would be expired and useless by now.

Is Syria currently producing a chemical weapon stockpile? I have not seen the evidence.

That's why smart people invented Binary Chemical Weapons, including the VX nurve agent.

www.noblis.org...

top topics

join