It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

problems with posting

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:37 PM
link   
I have been having problems with posting. The smileys don�t animate anymore and when i click the insert picture symbol i get directed to the forum main page so i have been using the bbs code.

can anyone help please.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:47 PM
link   
If you are using Internet Explorer, make sure that you have enabled animations on web pages. You can find it under Tools...InternetOptions...Advanced...(Scroll down to the multimedia section). Once you click on a smiley, the animation will stop until after you post your reply.

Don't know about it redirecting you to the forum main page. Never seen that problem before. Personally, I usually just type in the bb code myself. Its faster, and there are things that you can do that aren't covered by the buttons. Shhhh!! Don't tell anyone.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:55 PM
link   
It�s all the buttons including the smileys that redirect me to the form page. Help. I can�t use the smileys. Do you know bb codes for the smileys?

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:56 PM
link   
Smilies galore.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Thank you kinglizard
and debates.

Also when i have made a post it says i will be redirected to my post but it dosnt anymore i have to click the thread link to get back. it all used to work

i checked the internet options and the animation box was ticked.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:12 PM
link   
It sounds like you have the Internet Explorer security settings choked down pretty tight. If you disable Java then it won't redirect you to your post.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:42 PM
link   
i have norton internet security to could if i have over done it on the the security could this also be the problem with the animations? how do disable java?

i also just noticed that the animations are not working on other sites aswell not just here.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:38 PM
link   
yep choked up my internet security. cheers debates

new topics

top topics

join