It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Green Finger council orders its Removal

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:00 PM
link   
Richard Jackson has been accused of committing a public order offence
Because of this

Police and council tell him to remove middle-finger sign but he has refused to and why should he it is not offensive and how can you be charged with a public order offence for having a bush in your garden

'I don't intend to change it though - I’m not a trouble maker and I don’t want to offend anyone, but at the same time it’s been here for eight years and I don’t see why I should have anybody telling me what to change in my garden.'

Mr Jackson says his neighbours are backing his pledge to the keep the shrubbery and have even started a ‘Save the Bush’ campaign.

I would back this campaign to keep petty minded councils out of peoples daily lives and surely the Police have better things to do

Warwickshire Police say they sent a police officer to investigate although they had not received a direct complaint.

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Cran

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Would it be less offensive if he put a glove on it?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Offensive...lol.

Some people just have too much time on their hands, so cause grief for others.

If offending someone was a crime, many of our population would already be in prison.

Im offended by 14.9%apr on credit cards, dont see the police going to Lloyds and asking them to reduce the rate do we???

I bet its some old fart who complained.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by cranspace

I think that council in Winchestertonfieldville needs to cool off a bit.

Why is it every time some new jackass gets into office, they think they need to tighten the belt a little bit with new rules and regs? We elect them to make the city run smoothly, not impose new rules on us.

Perhaps we need to start reminding them by removing them from office. And that applies to a larger scale as well.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:32 PM
link   
If he doesn't take it down they'll take it down for him and charge him for the price.

You can't really fight these buttholes.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

They said if they did receive a formal complaint they would look into it - and deal with it proportionately.

Your probably right chop it down and charge him for the pleasure of it
If that happens i would hope he stuck to his guns and take the council to court for tresspass and criminal damage

Cran

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
I didn't realise that gesture was offensive to the Brits.
I thought it was the old two finger salute that guys used...

_VH

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:12 PM
link   
I think it's hilarious myself. There's always somebody sucking the humor out of everything they possibly can. Go figure.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by boncho
Would it be less offensive if he put a glove on it?

Would be especially helpful during an early frost!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Offensive...lol.

Some people just have too much time on their hands, so cause grief for others.

If offending someone was a crime, many of our population would already be in prison.

Im offended by 14.9%apr on credit cards, dont see the police going to Lloyds and asking them to reduce the rate do we???

I bet its some old fart who complained.

More likely one of the "born again 30 year olds"... they just can't take a good joke

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:55 PM
link   
I'm a a pretty easy goin chiten till I get riled up and I'm pretty darn creative, so it doesn't bode well for folks that peeve me off then try to stand back and snicker about it....

If it were my lawn (sounding like Neno now) and they didn't get off of it, it would be ON!! There would be truely offensive ornaments and additions that fell within their ordinances yet taken to an extreme they could never imagine. I'm thinking flocks upon flocks of pink flamingos, christmas lights, halloween decorations and some of those giant inflatables ..... to start with..... it could get messy at some point, but they would end up paying to have my little finger bush restored to its original condition by the time it was over!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:45 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Have to add

True enough

Cran

new topics

top topics

join