It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Well, I Have Pneumonia...

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
And I don't recommend it to anyone! This crap does NOT mess around! I've had asthma since I was a child, and pairing the not-being-able-to-breathe of that with the lungs-full-of-junk makes for a rotten time in Denmark (can't imagine where that saying comes from as I think I would have a splendid time in Denmark!) Anyway, if the ATS community could project good thoughts my way, I'd be most appreciative!

As would my wife and son, since they are getting tired of catering to me.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by The Old American

I honestly thought pneumonia was a type of illness that makes you so ill you couldn't as much as stand up let alone worry about making threads about it. A little research corrected me though, it appears to be more common in the elderly and chronically ill, and those that don't fit that criteria are usually cured within 2 weeks.

Well, you'll be ok...

Just make sure you're being treated for it as mortality rate in untreated people is 40%!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   
reply to post by scottlpool2003

I've been sick since Tuesday, and this is the first day I've been out of bed. Been running a moderate fever, but, holy Hannah, the gasping for air sucks! I'm already feeling better though (since I'm on here!) and thanks for your "attaboy"

/TOA

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
reply to post by ylang

Now that's just beautiful.

Thank you!

/TOA

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   

I had pneumonia several years ago...went to the doctor...got medicine...and was told by the Doctor...complete bed rest for 2 weeks and take all the meds.

A friend and neighbor of mine...looked out for me...went to the store etc. It was tough but I got through it and did recover...and I know you will too!

Hang on in there! I hope you are recovered very, very soon.

Have you gone to the doctor?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by caladonea

I went yesterday, which a chest xray was used to confirm it. Got two shots (TWO...ouch :mad
and an inhaler. And I'm on bed rest. However, staying in bed for more than 8-10 hours gives me a bad headache, so I wander...slowly!

/TOA

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Aww, damn. I broke my thumb two weeks ago and I forgot to make a thread about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

I've had it twice and I know it's no joke.

Once, I was rushed in an ambulance to the hospital on xmas eve because I had fallen unconscious. The other time I have no memory of 3 days because I was delirious. No, not fun. There was a 20 year span in between.

Only thing I can say is be glad you have family around and even when you don't feel like it, keep drinking water, juices, sports drinks...whatever. You may not feel it but your body gets dehydrated fast and it will sneak up on you.

That's all I got so stay well!

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American
reply to post by caladonea

I went yesterday, which a chest xray was used to confirm it. Got two shots (TWO...ouch :mad
and an inhaler. And I'm on bed rest. However, staying in bed for more than 8-10 hours gives me a bad headache, so I wander...slowly!

/TOA

I am glad you went to the doctor. When I had pneumonia...yes I did rest a lot...but I would get up and walk around the house too. I think it is good to stretch your legs!

edit on 20-7-2012 by caladonea because: correction

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
Aww, damn. I broke my thumb two weeks ago and I forgot to make a thread about it.

I am curious...do you mean the above statement sarcastically? Or are you just trying to be humorous?

Also...do you even care about the OP being ill?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I am curious...do you mean the above statement sarcastically? Or are you just trying to be humorous?

Im just messin with him
. Of course I hope he gets better and I am sure he will

I really did break my thumb though, hurt like hell but the ER doc was very generous with the morphine

Didnt mean to sound insensitive.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:21 PM
link   
I've had it before and I agree, it wasn't pleasant. Hope you feel better soon.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Im just messin with him

I really did break my thumb though, hurt like hell but the ER doc was very generous with the morphine

I just happen to believe in the power of positive energy being able to help heal people. There are still a few positive people left on ATS, but I should've known better, I guess.

But no offense taken. It takes caring about someone to be hurt by them.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Old American

Im just messin with him

I just happen to believe in the power of positive energy being able to help heal people. There are still a few positive people left on ATS, but I should've known better, I guess.

But no offense taken. It takes caring about someone to be hurt by them.

/TOA

I also heard that humor promotes healing.

Somthin to think about, from a fellow Texan

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

I won't accept your lies! You're obviously trying to derail me from feeling sorry for myself! Back, you foul creature! Away with you!

/TOA

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

I won't accept your lies! You're obviously trying to derail me from feeling sorry for myself!

Damn right I am.
Everyone needs a kick in the pants sometimes.
Didnt your grandpa teach you nothin

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:16 PM
link   

On the tail end of it now after nearly six of the suckiest weeks of my life.

Wound up in hospital twice after my bp plummeted and I passed out at work after going into the coolroom for like two minutes. I still get the fevers and any cold I can still feel it on my chest. I had almost five weeks off work as a result. So yes, it don't mess about, and I can 100% understand. All I can suggest is stay warm as hell and sleep, but if you're anything like I was, it was more a matter of neccessity and not choice.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join