It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora Shooting Victim had Survived Toronto Mall Shooting Last Month

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
Trying to post this and at the same time be respectful to what is happening in Colorado ...

This young woman, who died in the Aurora shooting last night, had just recently cheated death in Toronto. She had been at the Toronto mall when she got 'an odd feeling' and felt the need to go outside. Then the shooting happened where she had been. The 'odd feeling' saved her life.

Then, last night, she was in the theatre in Aurora and was texting about the movie getting ready to start. She was gunned down by the shooter.

This is how she described the feeling (on twitter I think) that she got that saved her life in Toronto -
NY Daily News

“I can’t get this odd feeling out of my chest. This empty, almost sickening feeling won’t go away,” Ghawi wrote. “I noticed this feeling when I was in the Eaton Center in Toronto just seconds before someone opened fire in the food court." “An odd feeling which led me to go outside and unknowingly out of harm’s way. It’s hard for me to wrap my mind around how a weird feeling saved me from being in the middle of a deadly shooting.”

Real life Final Destination.

What she wrote after escaping death last month -

“I was reminded that we don’t know when or where our time on Earth will end. When or where we will breathe our last breath,” she wrote.

“I say all the time that every moment we have to live our life is a blessing. So often I have found myself taking it for granted. Every hug from a family member. Every laugh we share with friends. Even the times of solitude are all blessings. Every second of every day is a gift. After Saturday evening, I know I truly understand how blessed I am for each second I am given.”

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I already take the time to scan everything and everyone when I step out into the public, as if I am entering a low-intensity battlezone just waiting to take my life when I lose my guard.

This young woman is proof to me to never let your guard down and to cherish the life you have.

RIP.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
I read her blog and she was such a sweet kind girl, funny and spunky too. I was in tears when i was done reading it, and yes OP I thought of that movie too.
bless her soul.

Her brother will be on anderson cooper tonight.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
This is why everybody needs to carry a gun.

I am so sorry for the victims families. And the loser who carried this out I hope YOUR family watches you die by 1000 cuts.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

What kinda weird feeling? Like a flashback of everything that's about to happen a la Final Destination?

I know, too early for humor... but that's what it reminded me off... trying to cheat death at one place only to have it follow you to another. But I see you had the same idea.

In the end it's just coincidence.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Kharron because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by zonetripper2065

I will never ever understand this kind of thinking. More guns in a society such as the US and any really equal more deaths. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Maybe she had the "spider sense". To bad she was shot the 2nd time though... maybe she felt the same way and wanted to leave, thats why she was shot down most probably, since the perp only shot anyone trying to leave according to the reports, he wanted them to stay inside so they would be gassed.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:48 PM
link   
It's scary in that it seems you can't really escape your fate...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

I will never ever understand this kind of thinking. More guns in a society such as the US and any really equal more deaths. IT IS THAT SIMPLE.

I don't know about that, the city of Chicago has banned guns and has the highest murder rate in the country, beat out New York and NY has 3 times the amount of people, so its the filthy gang bangers and losers carrying the illegal guns not the legal owners.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Ive had the same thing..the night before i was robbed and stabbed in my home.

Heard a voice behind me say "be careful, your getting stabbed". Took no notice of it, the next night i was almost murdered in my home. Im VERY skeptical if you have seen me on these boards, but this sense is most certainly real.

Its a weird world we live in

ETA: No one was behind me, the voice was in my head, hence i ignored it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:55 PM
link   
RIP, you will surly be missed. Now there's one less person in our world that doesn't take her life, senses or anything all for granted which is the way people are meant to live so we can go on and do greater things for all of humanity....good.

I really felt I had something. I really feel for her, and I've been through the same thing she has been but rather a slightly different situation. I had a "feeling" once that saved my life too. She described it as feeling "empty" and now I see why.

RIP Ghawi

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
Yah, that's odd, literally.
Made me think about Desmond Hume when he's with the old lady with white hair.
Lifes a bitch.. and then you die.

Yeah right about the comment everyone should carry guns.
Do you honestly think everyone can shoot a firearm?
Do you honestly think everyone is responsible enough to carry a firearm ?
Just look on the road, even driving shouldn't be for everyone let alone a gun lol.
Can it be more simple then that?

Value life, hate brings more hate.
Cut that hollywood crap pretty plz.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:05 PM
link   

Yes, because thats what history has proven. The citizens of disarmed nations are so much safer. Lookup Democide. I'm more afraid of governments than my neighbors - because I didn't fall asleep in history class.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Kharron

And why can't it be more than just coincidence? Because your mind can't fathom the thought of it being something you have no knowledge about? Nothing is sure fact.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   

That, right there, is some seriously cruel fate.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by kosmicjack

You may not be able to escape fate, but your destiny is what you make it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kastogere
reply to post by kosmicjack

You may not be able to escape fate, but your destiny is what you make it.

I knew a old woman once, she would sit in her living room and do nothing. Maybe that's why she suddenly spontaneously combusted in her very own chair she was sitting in. Fate couldn't get her any other way, and that's probably the only way it could get her:@

Makes me wonder about spontaneous combustion. I wonder why I never looked into that, I wonder if there's even a conspiracy about it on this website. Hmm.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

Everyone is armed in your country though. Citizenry, criminals and the police are all packing heat it seems that this is protecting nobody

Studies have found gun ownership in the home puts those in that home at greater risk of homicide.

During the study period, 1860 homicides occurred in the three counties, 444 of them (23.9 percent) in the home of the victim. After excluding 24 cases for various reasons, we interviewed proxy respondents for 93 percent of the victims. Controls were identified for 99 percent of these, yielding 388 matched pairs. As compared with the controls, the victims more often lived alone or rented their residence. Also, case households more commonly contained an illicit-drug user, a person with prior arrests, or someone who had been hit or hurt in a fight in the home.

After controlling for these characteristics, we found that keeping a gun in the home was strongly and independently associated with an increased risk of homicide (adjusted odds ratio, 2.7; 95 percent confidence interval, 1.6 to 4.4). Virtually all of this risk involved homicide by a family member or intimate acquaintance.

www.nejm.org...

Domestic abuse/arguments in these instances become murder where as in other countries where guns are not legal murder is not going to be as prevalent.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:30 PM
link   

I bet you look like your avatar why with all the gun grabber kool-aid you've been drinking.

(on topic) Not much to say except that life can be taken at any moment no matter how unlikely it might seem. I'm sure she's in a better place, and I wish the best for her friends and loved one's. R.I.P.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

actually, if guns kill people, pencils cause mis-spelling....
you have to refuse to be a victim

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join