It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama To Be On The New One Dollar Bill

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:24 PM
link   
So it seems there's plans in the work to change the look on the money. I wonder how this will affect the economy, and if the Obama haters will refuse to use the bill. After all, if Obama is a fake and was born in Kenya, he does not deserve to be on any money the United States produces.

The new designs are going to be radically different, and there are pictures of the new money on the article, as well as a link to the website that promotes the new money. If these changes are too radical, will people protest and will this cause a drop in the value of the dollar? After all, the dolalr is only as valuable as society agrees with it.

And it seems to me that if society doesn't like these designs, it could go a long way to hurting people's faith in the dollar. It's human nature to resist change, after all.

WASHINGTON – The White House has approved the redesign of U.S. currency. Barack Obama will be on the new dollar bill. The Obama Administration feels that the American dollar is in bad need of a makeover. They have partnered with the Dollar ReDe$ign Project to pick a new design for U.S. currency. Currently, the design that the administration likes best was done by Dowling Duncan (a British duo), which features a unique vertical design. It also features President Obama on the one dollar bill. “We love the Dowling Duncan look. They’ve come up with a creative design and put President Obama where he belongs… on number 1,” said David Axelrod, Senior Adviser to President Obama.

weeklyworldnews.com...

Edit:

The article is from may, and I did a search and could not find anything on this.

edit on 20-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

So it seems there's plans in the work to change the look on the money.

The article was a parody...

link   
Excuse me, but if there is anyone that should be on that dollar bill, his name is

Ron Paul

At least he's got a valid US birth certificate. And he actually deserves the spot too, for being the most Constitution minded man since, well...THE CONSTITUTION.

link   
With all the problems in the world, this idiot is only worried about his picture being on our money. What a waste of money.
Then to top it all of, we cannot even get a design done by Americans and are done by British. Nothing at all against British, but come on.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Skewed because: (no reason given)

link   
This gives an entirely new meaning to the old phrase "I wouldn´t buy that for a dollar"

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by EvilSadamClone

Edit:

The article is from may, and I did a search and could not find anything on this.

edit on 20-7-2012 by EvilSadamClone because: (no reason given)
I believe you coudn't find any "Credible" sources because of this:

www.weeklyworldnews.com

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:29 PM
link   
So my immediate thought was to click the link and see a picture of the new money. As soon as I click the link I see a link to click to report a Big Foot sighting, and a link that says Aliens are coming. Is this article for real?

I am going to read it just because, but come on..........

ETA - This summed it up for me

Republicans are apoplectic about the changes the Administration is proposing. “They won’t get this passed when we get control of the house,” said Minority Leader John Boehner. “Typical Republicans, they want to block everything, even a little meaningless design issue,” said Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi. “It doesn’t matter what they think, we’re going to pass this and every American will be carrying Obama dollars in their wallets and purses come June, 2012.”
FYI: The Obama dollar will reportedly be worth $0.47.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure that people have to be dead before they can be on money in the USA.
Used to be that people couldn't be on stamps either before they were dead.
I don't know what it is now ...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Hey, I love it. Lets make the $1 bill Obama! We can also make sure they design a special new hologram effect to defeat those evil counterfeiters. Can't have those fake bills huh? When you turn the bill to the light, Obama becomes Bozo the clown.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
I'm pretty sure that people have to be dead before they can be on money in the USA.
Used to be that people couldn't be on stamps either before they were dead.
I don't know what it is now ...

Well....if that is the case....
Maybe someone is saying something then.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:33 PM
link   

This article is a work of satire. There's nothing to be taken seriously from it. It's also apparently fairly old. Direct quote " We intend to have the money in circulation by June, 2011". That obviously has not happened.
In any event, Obama should probably go on the 1 dollar bill. It'll serve as a constant reminder as to why that's the largest denomination most Americans can carry

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:34 PM
link   
Did anyone actually go to the site he linked????

Weekly World News....use only for entertainment purposes......

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Who's on the new 5? Batboy or Bigfoot?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Terrific idea, cant wait another minute until i can spend it.So happy !

I wonder what the sheeple have to say ?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

Well you can sign up for e-mail alerts to be the first to know of the alien invasion. Also there is an article on 'How to sell your soul to the devil'

Also story "Confirmed the world will end October 21, 2011" don't they know the world won't end until 12/21/2012..sheesh. Get with the time people.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

12/24/2012 I always thought it was 12/21/2012!
I have three extra days to prepare and spend those Obama $ that will be in my pocket by June 2012.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Doodle19815 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Doodle19815

I put my damn birthday up there

12/21/12 it is.

On a good note I won't have to live to be 36.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doom and Gloom

Well, if I can take nothing else away from this thread other than the laughs from your posts, at least I got a giggle today.

Happy early birthday, since I won't be around to tell you on the actual day. You know, with the end of the world, and all that.

Now, I am off to go report my Big foot sighting, and sign up for the emails to tell me when to expect the Alien invasion.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Ha ha ha - unacceptable currency - quarters please

top topics

join