It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can anyone identify this tank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Can anyone identify this tank? I have been unable to find info on it, all i know is that it is an Israeli tank.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
All that I can go off of here is that the build looks to be of the Magach family of tanks.

What you're looking at there is most likely a modification of one of these.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:39 PM
link   
It looks similar to an Israeli Caterpillar tank/bulldozer. No question it's Israeli.

From this site.

www.doublestandards.org...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:43 PM
link   
A modification? I have seen them on TV and the top part of the tank spins round fast and the flaps attached flap out making it an extremely aggressive looking vehicle. Its one of the most bizarre things i have seen and would like to know more about the modification.

[edit on 8-10-2004 by kode]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
I know its Israeli because the image seems to come from this site.

www.fpp.co.uk...

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I got the image from a google search for Israeli tanks as this is the tank i was looking for but there was no mention of what it was. I don�t know if anyone else has seen this mean machine in action but it isn�t pleasant.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Perhaps it's one of those new "non-lethal" force thingies we've been reading so much about?

It's either an excellent photoshop job or a modified tank chassis. Does not look like a tractor chassis to me sorry.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:00 PM
link   
I agree it's not a tractor chassis. The top could be a protective cover for the machine gun.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:03 PM
link   
You know if that thing is rolling into Palestine they would need some type of cover for the crew because of all the rocks being thrown at them. Man that sounds bad.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:07 PM
link   
[edit on 8-10-2004 by weirdo]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:10 PM
link   
Its an armoured Bulldozer as several have put forth. The US uses them as well.

The US's system is the M9 ACE or Armoured Combat Earthmover

ACE

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:19 PM
link   
Sorry got it wrong its a Nagmachon.;IMNK TO PHOTOS AND TECH INFO

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:23 PM
link   

MaGach 6B - M60a1/a3 with RISE and othere minor modifications , As seen in early stages of Lebanon with blazer, Urdan cuppola, extra Crew served weapons and both with and without thermal shroud.

Is the spinning top part of the tank called the RISE? Im surprised no one has seen these things. Btw its definatly not a photo shop.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:27 PM
link   
Cheers weirdo that link provides all i wanted to know it is most definatley a Nagmachon.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by kode
Cheers weirdo that link provides all i wanted to know it is most definatley a Nagmachon.

No probs.I don`t see how the hell they manage to get 10 men in that thing.I hope they keep it in Israel wouldn`t like to see that up close and personnel

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 06:58 PM
link   
It�s not a pretty sight. From what i seen it�s a very intimidating machine and when its moving with its turret spinning it almost looks alive. I have to say if i saw one i might feel inclined to chuck rocks at it to. Cheers all

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:49 PM
link   
wow that things amazing, until now this is the first ive seen of the vehicle

I wonder how such a machine could keep so secretive ?

also is the Nagmachon exported ?

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Kenshin]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
HBO aired a documentary called 'Death in Gaza' last month. I may be remembering incorrectly, but that machine might have been shown in it. Did anyone else see it who can confirm or refute? Digging around on the internet didn't reveal anything either way for me.

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 05:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by kode

MaGach 6B - M60a1/a3 with RISE and othere minor modifications , As seen in early stages of Lebanon with blazer, Urdan cuppola, extra Crew served weapons and both with and without thermal shroud.

Is the spinning top part of the tank called the RISE? Im surprised no one has seen these things. Btw its definatly not a photo shop.

It's not an Ex-American M60 Patton tank
It's an Ex-British built Centurian

The Machinegun Turret does not Spin it is a stationary Superstructure built atop another fixed Superstructure
The very first series of these were caled Pumas which were then built upon in 2 successive versions to the one you see now, they are simply APC's using defunct Tank Hulls

posted on Oct, 9 2004 @ 07:08 AM
link   
I wonder if this could also be an Israeli Bradley Fighting Vehicle variant?

The Israelis own many of these, and have ordered all types of variants.

They are the U.S.A.'s #1 customer!

This looks like it is made just for killing people from every possible angle.

I still think it is amazing how the Bradley was originaly was inteded as only a troop carrier.. and was later fitted with weapons and called a Fighting Vehicle.

They even tried to make the Bradley swim.

The Bradley can and has been made into almost any kind of military vehicle you can imagine.

google images..

Interesting thread!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join