It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Colorado shooter a highly intelligent student?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:47 PM
link   
No problem - every tidbit helps. It'll be interesting to see if he indeed was IB.

The other thing that gets me is the issue of his boobytrapping his apt? According to the MSM (ABC/Yahoo

The "flammable and explosive" materials could have blown up Holmes' apartment building and the ones near it, .....The apartment complex is home exclusively to University of Colorado Medical Center students, patients, and staff members, residents tell ABC News.

Key words here:students, patients, and staff. Is it normal to have "patients" in an apt bldg? Teaching hospitals I get, but an apt bldg with staff and students? What the devil kind of experiments/research are they doing that they need the "patients" so close at hand and yet not in a hospital? What kind of patients I wonder?

Also it will be interesting to see what will be found in his apt - and here again is another inconsistency - why go to all the trouble to booby trap your apt to the extent it'd blow the whole block then calmly warn the cops (thank god he did!!) that said apt is bobytrapped?

He also warned police that he had booby-trapped his apartment, leading officers to evacuate the Aurora apartment building.

There is a huge riff in logic here in the whole thing - and yeah I get "evil geniuses" and madmen don't necessarily work in terms of normal logic, but still I'm like a few others here - it ain't adding up bud. Don't care how smart you are - in my world 2+2 still = 4!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:00 PM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

As I understand it, the IB program applies to undergraduate students but Holmes apparently graduated from UC-Riverside in 2010. That would have been a full 4 years after his HS graduation. I would lean toward some sort of multi-track Masters/Doctoral program.

Or maybe he was just that good at what he did.

Either way, there is a distinctive odor about this whole thing which needs to be explored further. Thanks again for your input.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:08 PM
link   
I would like to thank all of you who took the time and trouble to think about this issue and post your comments. I would urge you to continue to research this guy and his possible motivations.

Alas, my two pleas via IM to restore the title to something which more closely reflects my original intent have failed to sway Mod "Neformore" and as a result his/her watered-down modified title has effectively killed this thread. Gee, thanks!

I shall continue this line of inquiry on a more enlightened and less controlled forum.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Ted Kaczynski was also "intelligent", but he was also an insane sociopath. Intelligence has nothing to do with it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   

I think this microRNA subject may have had something to do with this. How did the guy even get in the movies with weapons? I think it will be important to find out why he did this. This incident will make us all think before we go somewhere public. HAARP..Silent Sound Spread Sequence...any connection with this MicroRNA??

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
reply to post by LadySkadi

Good point - but since he had only been a student at this particular University for one year that would seem to indicate that he was studying at two different schools between the Masters program and the Doctoral program from which he withdrew in June.

Do multi-track programs allow for simultaneous study at different institutions? It's been a long while since I was in college..LOL

He earned his Masters at UC Riverside in California. Then, went to Colorado to pursue another degree.

He is a Golden Key Member. This boy was very smart. Take a look at other members.

Golden Key is the world's largest collegiate honor society. Membership into Golden Key is by invitation only, to the top 15% of college/university 2nd, 3rd and 4th year students and top performing US graduate students in all fields of study, based solely on the criteria of their academic achievements.[3]

en.wikipedia.org...

Honorary members are elected by Golden Key. They do not necessarily endorse the validity of the Golden Key organization or participate in its activities.[12]

Well-known honorary members include:[12]

Roberta Bondar, Canada's First Female Astronaut
Adrienne Clarkson, former Governor General of Canada
Cooper Randall, Australian Biochemist
*** William J. Clinton, Former US President
Ujjal Dev Singh Dosanjh, Canadian lawyer and politician
Bill Cosby, Entertainer
***Tupac Amaru Shakur - Entertainer

edit on 21-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:28 AM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Wow Manhater, that is some impressive digging. I haven't even been able to find anything on this guy. Very good job.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 03:33 AM
link   
reply to post by darkbake

He is a member of Golden Key. Not selected. Misspoke.
www.californiality.com...

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   

You do not need to have to have a masters to do a phd. Most brilliant students will get a free pass straight to the programme after they do a year's research to formulate their course of study.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   

Its called being in a different time zone and actually needing to sleep - which is why your U2U responses have not been replied to until now.

However, they have been replied to. Check your inbox.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 07:08 AM
link   
With the Biomarkers and Biochips the technology just isn't there yet. Not to mention finding biomarkers for schizophrenia or and related disorder has proven to be sketchy at best and at worst down right false. The stuff he was working on in neuroscience is a touchy very hard field to pursue with results. Still makes no sense as to why this guy would do this as he's smart enough to know all about personality disorders and other things. I might mention though that it's not uncommon for undergrads to pass straight into Doctorate programs. I was encouraged to go that route but i decided to take an extra year doing a masters.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Torchlight
With the Biomarkers and Biochips the technology just isn't there yet. Not to mention finding biomarkers for schizophrenia or and related disorder has proven to be sketchy at best and at worst down right false. The stuff he was working on in neuroscience is a touchy very hard field to pursue with results.

Edit: I included the above quote as this alludes to the true nature of what biomarkers are about.

I'm afraid the OP completely misrepresents what biomarkers and biochips actually are... The implication is that biochips/markers are some kind of technology that could be implanted into someone to 'mark them' or possibly even control them. I'm sorry but you're waaaaaaay off.... A biomarker is a naturally occurring state that helps to identify a particular issue. It's basically like this; the presence of 'X' chemical in the blood indicates that the subject is suffering from illness 'A'.... In this example 'X' is the biomarker...
A biochip is a system for identifying the biomarkers (hopefully more efficiently)

This is an extract from the blurb of an article regarding this subject, which I think is sufficient to illustrate the point in this case:

"Microarrays and biochips are small devices capable of detecting and measuring large numbers of biomarkers simultaneously. Although microarrays have been in research use for over a decade it is only recently that they have moved towards meeting the requirements of the clinical and regulatory communities with the first DNA microarray test being approved by the US FDA in 2007. Further development of microarrays heralds the introduction of faster diagnosis times and will further enable personalized medicine"

You can view the blurb (and purchase the full report I believe) here:

www.researchandmarkets.com...

edit on 21-7-2012 by Milkflavour because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 09:55 AM
link   
I love conspiracies, too, and put nothing past the evil forces at work. However, my gut is that the whole episode is far more mundane. The guy is clearly a very bright individual. He has put in a great deal of very hard work to get where he is/was. At 24yo he is right inthe prime window for beginning to exhibit schizophrenia. His actions, lead-up behavior, gender and, again, age all fit. From everything I've read he has never exhibited any significant anti-social behavior in his past. Most socio-paths exhibit a clear acceleration of anti-social behavior starting at a fairly young age. I'm placing my bet on mental health as the underlying cause here.

edit on 21-7-2012 by jtma508 because: typo

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:03 AM
link   
Lets all jump to conclusions and speculate!
Lets see, we can blame, guns, gods, genome, and that’s if we start with the letter G, can you add to this list, use any letter you wish.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jtma508
I love conspiracies, too, and put nothing past the evil forces at work. However, my gut is that the whole episode is far more mundane. The guy is clearly a very bright individual. He has put in a great deal of very hard work to get where he is/was. At 24yo he is right inthe prime window for beginning to exhibit schizophrenia. His actions, lead-up behavior, gender and, again, age all fit. From everything I've read he has never exhibited any significant anti-social behavior in his past. Most socio-paths exhibit a clear acceleration of anti-social behavior starting at a fairly young age. I'm placing my bet on mental health as the underlying cause here.

edit on 21-7-2012 by jtma508 because: typo

Whilst I agree with you that the most likely cause of this is mental ill health, 24 isn't really "right in the prime window". Most males develop schizophrenia in adolescence or early adulthood (women, typically, much later). 24 is more the upper end of the window. Having said that, there are plenty of exceptions to any so-called 'rule' (and with mental health problems it would be hard to say that there are any real rules at all). I agree also that sociopathic/psychopathic tendencies are unlikely (although we really don't have an history to go on at this time, familial or personal so, it's a bit hard to assess).
Also, I have to say, personally, I find the conspiracism around this event a little distasteful. Maybe that's just me....

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 11:41 AM
link   
If he was working towards his MD wouldn't he have finished his 4 undergrad years and then go to medical school? Medical doctors usually don't get a Master's degree so I don't think he was in his 7th year of study at this point.

Maybe I'm wrong but that's what I understand it to be.

And as I said in another thread, prayers will continue go out to the victims and their families during this tragedy.

I do wonder what goes through a person's mind that forces them to do this. In what way can they possibly make this justifiable in their own mind??

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor
I would like to thank all of you who took the time and trouble to think about this issue and post your comments. I would urge you to continue to research this guy and his possible motivations.

Alas, my two pleas via IM to restore the title to something which more closely reflects my original intent have failed to sway Mod "Neformore" and as a result his/her watered-down modified title has effectively killed this thread. Gee, thanks!

I shall continue this line of inquiry on a more enlightened and less controlled forum.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

I am glad the title has changed, it means basically the same thing and is far less offensive sounding. I think that while we should be able to talk about this incident that we should also not be insensitive to the fact that a lot of lives were lost and likely other lives severely damaged in the process. The least we can do is show some respect to the victims.

I realize people are misconstruing what is meant by 'genius', but come on. Is it that big a deal considering what has just happened? To show a bit of sympathy to those who have been affected by this tragedy? Everyone understands what you mean, good enough. I think you should let you beef about the title go. I for one find it much more tasteful changed to what it is i now.

Just my 2 cents.

I do find some of the connections you bring up intriguing for sure, and will continue to keep tabs on this thread.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 21 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by knowledgedesired
reply to post by WozaMeathed

A smart person can't be a killer?

I think you have this totally backwards because most killers are above average intellegence.

I think that you and all those that have starred you have this totally backwards, as it doesn't take a genius or a strong man to pull the trigger of a gun and end someones life. Any one can do that. Even a 3yr old american kid can kill his father with a gun.
Link www.wlbt.com...
So do you also want to say that this kid has above average intelligence too?????????

So can you please provide me with some facts that show MOST killers are of a higher intelligence.
I bet you cant.
But Until you can provide me with those facts, i will rest with my first staement, He is a F***ing coward and not a genius.

edit on 21-7-2012 by WozaMeathed because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join