It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Was Colorado shooter a highly intelligent student?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

Actually the DARPA connection was mentioned on a popular alternative radio show this morning, but I chose not to include it since I couldn't verify the connection.

Why am I not surprised...

Manchurian candidate...

The timing is to perfect, its a tragedy, and I don't want to take away from that, its just an awful convenient one that happens to serve the agenda of anti-gun movement we have been seen coming from the government...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by TrueAmerican
Yeah, right. I am sure if you were a victim family member, you'd be calling the guy who just shot your wife dead a genius.

Uh huh.

Would you people at least mind giving victim family members the chance to mourn their dead? My GOD!

:shk:

Uh he wasnt praising the man or his actions. You really need to read the whole post not just the headline

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:08 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Actually most mass murderers and serial killers are very smart. And statistically most people that intelligent are prone to suffering to at the very least a form of psychosis. So this is not uncommon for the suspect of mass murder.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

Good point - but since he had only been a student at this particular University for one year that would seem to indicate that he was studying at two different schools between the Masters program and the Doctoral program from which he withdrew in June.

Do multi-track programs allow for simultaneous study at different institutions? It's been a long while since I was in college..LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Apparently the OP has never lost anyone close to a random, mindless act of violence.
When that happens, let´s hear you call the perpetrators "genius".
What an disgusting, and absolutely pathetic excuse for a human being.
edit on 20-7-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:12 PM
link   
I saw an avatar that looked like holmes a few weeks ago. I can not remeber his name on ats, but I do remeber the avatar. I have looked threw every thing I have ever seen on ats and now I cant find the avatar. I remeber very well that he was giving his input on an armed rebelion. Anyone else see the avatar that "looked" like holmes?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueAmerican

Yeah, right. I am sure if you were a victim family member, you'd be calling the guy who just shot your wife dead a genius.

way to knee jerk an emotional response...

Genius simply means he was of a certain IQ level anything above 130 is considered Gifted, and I am sure MANY of the worst people in history had such High IQ.

Genius is not a complement, it doesn't mean anything about you as a person, Charles Manson is thought to have an IQ of 120, calling him near genius is not a complement.

I was tested early on for retardation in child hood (I refused to do any school work, it bored me), by a psychologist, mine is 136, and you know what, that doesn't make me a Good person, It doesn't even make me Smarter or more knowledgeable than people, if anything Im a lazy ass as ive done nothing of note with my IQ, its a number we assign to reasoning and comprehension ability, That is all.

Its all about what you do with it.

My older brother is the real Genius in my family, his is 146, and hes a right D-bag, Graduated MIT, currently a VP of major bank, Im pretty sure he is souless as well.

SO again IQ means Jack and S*#) where it matters.
edit on 20-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by LionOfGOD
Apparently the OP has never lost anyone close to a random, mindless act of violence.
When that happens, let´s hear you call the perpetrators "genius".
What an disgusting, and absolutely pathetic excuse for a human being.
edit on 20-7-2012 by LionOfGOD because: (no reason given)

Since when does a high IQ automatically equal good?

Adolf Hitler Nazi leader Germany IQ 141
]

Source
edit on 20-7-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

You know something else? Its my opinion that these so called "geniuses" of our time are the most dangerous, especially the ones that hold some kind of power position.
They tend to have a narcissistic type of personality, which gives them an "I am better than you and I know whats good for you" view on the masses.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:15 PM
link   
you still don't get it.

you are already "chipped" think about what DNA is. it is a biological identification tag particular to each individual. why would I bother "chipping" you when you already have a built in means of identification. sequencing has come much further than realised in the public domain. wake up and educate yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Tholidor

Good point - but since he had only been a student at this particular University for one year that would seem to indicate that he was studying at two different schools between the Masters program and the Doctoral program from which he withdrew in June.

Do multi-track programs allow for simultaneous study at different institutions? It's been a long while since I was in college..LOL

That plays out then - he did his undergraduate work at another Uni and transferred to do his graduate work at UC/Denver, which would have put him there for a year (2011). The UC/Denver Neuroscience program is either password protected (for current students) or I can't get through my work filters to get on it at the moment, so can't look into it any more than that right now. Thread seems to be going a different direction anyway...

edit on 20-7-2012 by LadySkadi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:52 PM
link   

OK..but there is still a missing year. Starting with HS graduation in June, 2006 he would have received his undergraduate degree in June 2010. UC/Denver says he entered the Neuroscience doctoral program in June, 2011 which leaves him one year (from June 2010 until June, 2011) to have worked on his Masters'.

But not at UC/Denver it would seem.

Please keep digging and thanks for the help.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:56 PM
link   
Police: Gunman claimed to be the Joker after spree at Batman movie
Ok that line alone sounds so much like a media spin! I am not sure what to believe anymore! Neuroscience...studying the brain and he goes on a crazy rampage? Was he a subject of bad experiment? Did he just have too much pressure and snap? Why didn’t he identify with the Scarecrow, who manipulated people’s minds?

One last thing…The Dark (K)night Rises, think about that for a bit, then think about Heath Ledger is there deeper meaning to this? Or just a coincidence? Stranger and stranger and I am betting this will just get more weird as it unfolds…

This was a horrible tragedy and my thoughts and prayers go out the family.
edit on 20-7-2012 by abeverage because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Genius? No way.

You can say he is educated and likely to be above average intelligence.

Calling him a genius is a stretch, but more offensive if anything. Mind control... anythings possible if the moneys right and you're not restricted by what is considered ethical.

In the end, a man killing 12 innocent people and injuring 59 is not a genius.
Hitler was intelligent, but no genius, he was a madman.

Now if that madman won the war... Then he'd be hailed as a genius.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
UPDATE:

Source: usnews.msnbc.msn.com... ado-authorities-say?lite

MSNBC is now reporting that Holmes did graduate in 2010 with a Neuroscience degree.

The University of California-Riverside confirmed that a man named James Holmes graduated from the university with a degree in neuroscience in 2010. His last known address was in San Diego, it said.

Eventually we'll get the rest of his CV.

In the meantime, why would a MOD in here take it upon themselves to replace "genius" in my original title with "highly intelligent student"? And then set the "no edit" flag so that I couldn't change it back to the original? I got a "You have exceeded the 4 hour limit to edit your post" message when I tried to edit the OP - even though it is only 2 hours old according to the "New Threads Firehose" listing.

The word "genius" was used very intentionally to contrast and compare intelligence with intent and actions. It should be restored by whatever "genius" decided to change it!

That's seems to cross a very fine line, IMHO....
edit on 20-7-2012 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

Genius? No way. You can say he is educated and likely to be above average intelligence.

Yea, I agree. My opinion of "genius" would be these these kids that get Doctorates at 10 or even 18 but this guy graduated HS at an age that most kids graduate at.
It is curious though, he seemed to really accelerate academically after HS.
Makes you wonder, doesnt it?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by MrGrimm

I beg to differ. Genius is an arbitrary number on the IQ scale. Mensa defines it as an average of 132 on a combination of the California Standard IQ and the Benet IQ tests. (It's really not that high a bar to set if I passed it 45 years ago..LOL)

What you describe are considered prodigies and while they are certainly geniuses by definition they by no means define the term genius.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Tholidor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:51 PM
link   
MK Ultra goes kinda haywire at times-

esoteric anomalies
Nothing eeerily strange about MK Ultra and sorcery + technologies youd throw the BS flag at...its mathematical and damn near perfected.

Hyper dimensional aspect of it:
There is no such thing as coincidence-

Villain name Bane in the movie suspect was dressed more like Bane - Mitt Romney and Bain Capital fiasco in news.

Suspect said he was the Joker even though he was dressed like Bane.

There is a town close by to the Northwest named Westminister, Colorado - the Olympics begin soon

Aurora (Aurora, Colorado) or the Roman goddess of dawn

ATF director Dodds day before mentioned dire consequences for whistleblowers within the agency.

Buckley Airforce Base to the West. (William F Buckley Jr)???

Remember the JANUS GROUP
JANUS
Then there is JANUS RESEARCHJANUS RESEARCH

Then ya got the wonderful occultic art at Denver Intl airport just Northeast of the theater. Yeah the one with the swastika shaped runways.

Then you have Rocky Mountain "Arsenal" National Wildlife refuge. You could say Holmes had an arsenal....yes?

Then there is Star K Ranch Park with Gateway Ave to the North

Kid was involved with the Neurosciences....yes? Well so are the spooks and their illuminati masters.

edit on 20-7-2012 by superluminal11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

Holmes did very poorly on his comprehensive exams last semester, the instructor told the Post, and the school was considering placing him on academic probation, but was not considering expulsion.

usnews.msnbc.msn.com... l?lite

Yeah, there's your "genius" at work.

The guy could of had an IQ off the scale, for all I care. But you go out and shoot that many people and you're a moron, not no genius, and you're going to get executed. At that point the decision to do so invalidates all other intelligence, as far as I'm concerned. I'm glad the mods changed the title- at least it reflects on the site better and shows some respect for those that died needlessly. The OP's comments should have gone in the big thread about the shooting- so I'm surprised they didn't just close it and redirect it to the other thread, like happens to me all the time as a thread starter. I'm used to it, so it doesn't bother me a bit.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Tholidor

If he was indeed a "highly intelligent student" mayhap he was IB or either CLEP some classes. That would account for your missing "year" I think, if I understand you correctly.

From UC Denver's admission's pg
REF:CLEP

New students at The University of Colorado Denver who have not earned advanced placement credits can still earn university credit for some lower-level courses by taking examinations in areas in which they have demonstrated college-level proficiency. The College Level Examination Program (CLEP) offers a testing service for this specific purpose and has been a valuable tool for assessing and awarding of college credit.

I was unable to ascertain how many credit hrs UC Denver allows for CLEP - most Univ only allow 12-15 hr. Notice that UC Denver allows for 24 hrs credit for IB - which if you consider full time student status is 12 hrs per semester, then two semesters = 24 credit hrs = 1 yr (fall and spring semesters = 2 semesters = 1 yr). Hope I'm making this clear

REF:IB

Any student admitted to a University of Colorado campus after June 30, 2003, who has graduated from high school having successfully completed an International Baccalaureate (IB) Diploma program with a minimum score of 4 on each exam, shall be granted a minimum of 24 semester hours of college credit. Schools and colleges may grant credit for individual IB courses, even if a student has not successfully completed an IB diploma program.

So bottom line - if he was able to get credit for 24 hrs, then that's 2 semesters worth of basic Math 101, Eng 101, or other prerequisite etc type classes he didn't have to take and parents didn't have to pay for.

I have a family member who is a bus driver for IB kids and drives them to their debate meets and other scholastic events/competitions. They speak very highly of these young people and says they are "very highly intelligent high school kids".

Hope this helps fill in the blanks a little.

As for the "genius" vs "highly intelligent student", yes some may make it out as an issue of semantics, but you have to look further into the subtleties of the English language. Genuis in this connotation maywell be taken as "He was an (evil) genius for planning such an atrocity" whereas I do believe all you really meant to make a point of was how could someone this smart do something this atrocious - what's going on in his head to make him do this - which is what I'm wondering also. Much like the shooter at VaTech 2007.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SCGrits

Thanks for the clarification and your research.

As for the "Mod Edit" of the title, perhaps if I had said "evil genius" it would have been left alone as that was my first thought upon reading of his scholastic background. But that hardly excuses the tampering with the title.

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join