Archeologists Uncover a New 1600-year-old 'Night Sun' Mayan Temple

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 03:56 PM
link   
You would think just surveying the land from an airplane, they would have seen this. If it were over grown with jungle foliage, I guess I would understand but this appears to reach above the jungles's canopy.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyteeny

Why do they always have to be TEMPLES ? maybe they are musiums, maybe they are library's, maybe just big palaces,, why in the name of anything do they always have to be TEMPLES.. Are they gona find all our old buildings 10;000 years from now and think they are all Temples.. Hell we can't even build anything that will last that long...

Why do they always think the anicents were so damm religous? Maybe it is just A science building and the places they used there telescopes to see what was happening in the sky and so they knew when TSHTF..

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Hr2burn
[more

They don't just find this stuff.. they have known about it for years.. they just CHOOSE to tell us now.. thats all...

Nothing is ever as it seems.......

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 07:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by ladyteeny
i love that they find this old stuff... but, .. yet another temple? what did the ancients do apart from worship 24/7 i wonder.

Interesting point, also shows either two things, ancient humanity where too stupid to guide themselves in life without having to justify themselves to a 'god', or ancient humanity knew more than we do today and had some sort of contact or knowledge of a 'other worldly' entity.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 08:41 PM
link   
See, I wish this world would spend more money on archeological studies, rather than waste money on stupid wars. I love this site for stuff like this, It's amazing what man can find on this world. There is so much to be explored!! It would be nice to read stuff like this on the front page of news, instead of that Politics, war crap..

new topics

<< 1   >>

join