It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have You Ever Had An Hallucination Without Drugs?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Once in a great while I have an audio hallucination, but I ignore them. I have only two or three per year. It's so garbled I can't understand it.

So, have you ever had a hallucination without being induced by drugs?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
Yes, Binaural beats caused for me what seemed like the start of an "abduction" exp...

Complete with paralysis and voice... bright light, etc, DAMN scary...

But it was a Hallucination (i hope heh...)

Caused by the Binaural Beats..

as for the rest of that hearing audio illusions and such, thats concerning.

There are several serious brain conditions that can cause various types of Hallucinations...

As a stroke survivor Id recommend you get that checked out.
edit on 20-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:09 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

hi, yeah, occasionally when drifting off to sleep i get a bright flash behind my eyes at the same time as a loud click or other electrical sounds, apparently this is called ''exploding head syndrome'' for me this is usually followed by sleep paralysis,

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
sometime i see shadow people and sometime i can see outside the matrix

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
I hallucinated as a child when I had a high fever.

You might want to get those auditory hallucinations checked out. Could be schizophrenia...

I have an auditory hallucination occasionally. I guess it's like any other thought in my head, except it is audible to my ears.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrphenFire
I hallucinated as a child when I had a high fever.

You might want to get those auditory hallucinations checked out. Could be schizophrenia...

I have an auditory hallucination occasionally. I guess it's like any other thought in my head, except it is audible to my ears.

me too! when I was little I had cat scratch fever. I was laying down and I seen a german nazi soldier running in circles in my living room, real as real can be, full uniform even with the red strap on the shoulder, I remember saying, why are you running in circles.

strange because I should of screamed and ran lol.
edit on 20-7-2012 by hapablab because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   

I hallucinate all the time
But then again i take drugs all the time too

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by hapablab

Lol... Funny one. I always hallucinated the inanimate objects in my room/living room coming alive. Like one time my dad's office chair in the living room starting spinning rapidly and when it slowed down the back of it had a mean face lol. I just lay there like, "What..." And one time both my brother and I were sick and my mom put us to bed on a pallet in our room. And I started hallucinating him moving further and further away from me, until he was just a tiny speck in the distance. As soon as my eyes moved, he would instantly zoom back to his real distance, and slowly begin moving away again. That was a trippy one. He told me he was hallucinating as well, and he saw a lady from our church with high heels on trying to stomp on him lol.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I ones hear a sound that I knew was only on the inside and it was very informative. An Eureka moment.

Should we call extreme synchronicity an hallucination also since only the perciever notices the connections?

Is feeling the bliss (Oneness) that can be described as a feeling of an invisable cap on the head an hallucination? In that case I have been in a Hallucination on and off for about 1 year and 4 months.

But to be fair. Since my chemistry in the brain is probably different now I could not say I am not experiancing what a person might be while taking drugs. It is just that I do not need drugs to experiance these things and listening to meditative sounds is such an extreme experiance sometimes.
edit on 20-7-2012 by apushforenlightment because: spellchecking

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Lol... Funny one. I always hallucinated the inanimate objects in my room/living room coming alive. Like one time my dad's office chair in the living room starting spinning rapidly and when it slowed down the back of it had a mean face lol. I just lay there like, "What..." And one time both my brother and I were sick and my mom put us to bed on a pallet in our room. And I started hallucinating him moving further and further away from me, until he was just a tiny speck in the distance. As soon as my eyes moved, he would instantly zoom back to his real distance, and slowly begin moving away again. That was a trippy one. He told me he was hallucinating as well, and he saw a lady from our church with high heels on trying to stomp on him lol.

whoa, now those are some hallucinations!!! the zipping thing and the lady with the high heels, thats pretty scary lol.
I can do that at night sometimes when I look at something for a while it seems to morph a little, when I was little I would lay down and stare at the corner of the room and scare my self because I would eventually see a shadow figure and it would move, I would then scream and run into my parents room, I would drive my parents insane! lol

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:26 PM
link   

I sharn't discuss the circumstances, but I had my first hallucination last friday,

Glad there's an opportunity to share it

I was seeing green spiders coming toward me, writings on walls and my mate was blue, like the chick from xmen LOL

I always wondered what it was like to hallucinate, now I know,

Apart from the spiders, it was AWESOME (the exsperience)

Spiders have been following me every where lately
on my walls, under my bed... Its like I can't escape them this last month, sooo strange

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:47 PM
link   

The brain is known to mess with you eyes when you stare at one thing too long, especially in the dark/dim light. It's not necessarily hallucination, but it can be a similar experience if you let it take you over

I saw "shadow figures" as a child. I know it was just my eyes/brain playing tricks. As a child, the shadowy corners can take shapes and appear to move. I used to see the same persistent "man" when I was a child, always in the hall corner right outside my bedroom door. He would appear to be moving out of the corner to come into my room, but he never did...

reply to post by Sinny

I had an experience brought on by unspecified circumstances last year. I hallucinated nothing but empty space. But the physical sensations were worse than any hallucination. I truly believed my essence was being torn from my body. It was the worst feeling imaginable, and I wouldn't even classify it as "pain". It was like when your foot goes numb, only it was every millimeter of my entire body, amplified by at least 1000%...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:22 PM
link   

The brain is known to mess with you eyes when you stare at one thing too long, especially in the dark/dim light. It's not necessarily hallucination, but it can be a similar experience if you let it take you over

I saw "shadow figures" as a child. I know it was just my eyes/brain playing tricks. As a child, the shadowy corners can take shapes and appear to move. I used to see the same persistent "man" when I was a child, always in the hall corner right outside my bedroom door. He would appear to be moving out of the corner to come into my room, but he never did...

reply to post by Sinny

I had an experience brought on by unspecified circumstances last year. I hallucinated nothing but empty space. But the physical sensations were worse than any hallucination. I truly believed my essence was being torn from my body. It was the worst feeling imaginable, and I wouldn't even classify it as "pain". It was like when your foot goes numb, only it was every millimeter of my entire body, amplified by at least 1000%...

I see what you mean, and your right the longer I would stare the scarier it got lol, but I have to say, some may not believe this but my house was notoriously haunted so when I was a kid I assumed it was that damn ghost messing with me lol.
on a side note my father did see this thing/ghost I don't know but he was in his bedroom and wanted my brother to get him some snacks and yelled for him to go and get them, so about 20 minutes later my dad looked across the hall and seen my brother shaking out his shirt in his room and started yelling, didn't I tell you to go to the store, and this person who my dad thought was my brother continued to ignore him, my dad got more angry and got up walked to the door and again gave him crap for not going and also now ignoring him, this person still did not look at my Dad and said nothing, so my Dad turned away and went down stairs and started yelling at my Mom, "Go tell that boy to listen to me, why is he ignoring me" (Dad was kind of a hothead lol) and well at that very moment my brother walked thru the door with the groceries, my dad turned white as a ghost and almost fell to his knees, he ran upstairs and the shirt was on the bed. maybe my brother was playing a joke, unlikely though. but needless to say my father slept on the couch that night lmao.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinny

I sharn't discuss the circumstances, but I had my first hallucination last friday,

Glad there's an opportunity to share it

I was seeing green spiders coming toward me, writings on walls and my mate was blue, like the chick from xmen LOL

I always wondered what it was like to hallucinate, now I know,

Apart from the spiders, it was AWESOME (the exsperience)

Spiders have been following me every where lately
on my walls, under my bed... Its like I can't escape them this last month, sooo strange

The spiders, OMG frightening!!!
real spiders are following you now?, or are you still hallucinating them, I heard that it can continue to happen after taking something that causes that.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
I hallucinate with a high fever (+103). Several years ago I was very sick, and as a result was running about 104. I started to think my wife was an alien replacement! I attacked her and almost bludgeoned her with a heavy glass vase. I have no idea how she convinced me not to, but I'm glad she did!

About 4 years ago I was running another high fever, and for some stupid reason I thought that tuxedo-ed gorillas in bowler caps and wearing monocles were coming to visit and we needed to get ready for them.

Strange trips, hallucinations.

/TOA

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:06 PM
link   

Real spiders! Lol... They started stalking me 4 weeks ago, the halucination was last week, but the spiders are still stalking me :O

Gods knows why :s

top topics

join