It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

are you sick and tired - I am - Danny Glover speech @ Oakland OWS

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   
STAR & FLAG AND REPLY - lets keep this one on top for a while... let everyone hear this ....

All I can say is - great speech... to bad it was at a Occupy Rally
but he makes great points - I guess he didn't know that was a psychop. but hearing his speech I know why they toned it down.... Danny Glover for Congress......

edit on 20-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by 1BornPatriot
STAR & FLAG AND REPLY - lets keep this one on top for a while... let everyone hear this ....

All I can say is - great speech... to bad it was at a Occupy Rally
but he makes great points - I guess he didn't know that was a psychop. but hearing his speech I know why they toned it down.... Danny Glover for Congress......

edit on 20-7-2012 by 1BornPatriot because: (no reason given)

Where did you think a speech like this should take place at? The tea party has been corrupted to where it supported the one percent. Occupy was the only ones left that stood up for the 99%.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:10 PM
link   
i made it about 2 min through before being too disgusted and having to turn it off.

when he says "we" does he mean him and i? where he has likely made millions by being an actor and i go to work day to day and will likely never see millions?

what is so tough for him? did i miss something?

when are these fools going to go away? talking about all these people who are unrepresented in the workforce because they dont get collective bargaining. what a joke.

know who represents me? ME. represent yourself and stop waiting for somebody else to.

seriously, just go away ows. go away danny glover. just shut up and go.

try representing yourself at a job interview rather than some lame and pointless protest.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Multi millionnaire actor Danny Glover wants to transform the system, and rebuild it from the ground up?

How progressive. I assume if I ask he'll be happy to let me have some of his millions? Or share it with the people cheering him?

And anyone who proclaims 'Power to the people' really should change it to 'Power to the people we want to have power'.

edit on 20-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:50 PM
link   
I liked it and I can't see anything wrong with what he said, it was a great speech.

I'm not going to say anything like "too bad it was at an Occupy rally" or use my whole post to degrade Occupy and call them fools or whatever other half-hearted insult might be the word of the day. I guess maybe even if its for only a moment here and there, we need to put down our predisposed, propagandized notions of this thing or that and look at everything as it really is instead of what it's been labeled as. There is nothing that says a millionaire actor can't stand up on a podium and give a speech in support of those in less fortunate circumstance.

Danny Glover has always been very outspoken and reasonable on certain issues even though I don't agree with him on everything, such as activism in favor of one race. Regardless, through the years he has stuck up for and supported many noble causes despite his success, for this alone I applaud him and I'll listen to anything he has to say with open ears. Remember: he wasn't always rich and civil rights activism is in his blood and heritage.

Maybe ATSers should take a step back once in a while and instead of constantly being in attack mode, just think about something on a clean slate without all the static. At the end of the day, we are still in the same situation we were in this morning and what does any of this really matter to you?
edit on 20-7-2012 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   
I like this sign in particular:

It is all bullcrap.

This super rich guy is standing up there spouting crap, and these people that feel they are entitled are just lapping it up. Hypocrisy....
edit on 20-7-2012 by Doom and Gloom because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:00 PM
link   
He forgot to mention that we need to get rid of REPUBLICANS AND DEMOCRATS. We will not have our country back until there are NO DEMOCRATS OR REPUBLICANS IN ANY ELECTED POSITION OR APPOINTED POSITIONS.

Democrats and Republicans are two sides of the same coin. It is a dirty, soiled currency backed by graft and greed that will no longer purchase honest representation for the American voter and taxpayer.

Our country is in the bad position it is because of DEMOCRATS AND REPUBLICANS. They are where the blame lies.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I guess he isn't too old for this.

ha.

posted on Jul, 22 2012 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Isnt this bumbling moron best buds with Hugo Chavez?

Why anyone here in America would give credence to what he says is beyond me. Please GFY with gusto Mr Glover.

new topics

top topics

join