It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

CNN: "Is Gun Control The Answer?" Here We Go Again.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by jude11

We can make it harder though. We've already made certain chemicals and materials unavailable to the average citizen, and restricted within government organizations. Why not guns?

Tasers work just as well. Give people tasers, and let them work out their differences. Tasers don't kill instantly, and if you build it so that it only goes so high in voltage, then everything should work out alright.

Guns are so easy, we've forgotten what we can do without them. So stupid.

I don't know why we are prone to raising a retard society. People that don't know it's bad to drink drano. People that don't know it's bad to stare at the sun. People that cry because they found out their favourite celebrity got married to someone 'they' didn't like. People that don't actually live their lives but do ridiculous things because they believe media attention is the only way to live.

You can live just fine there lad. A cup of coffee and an early morning. Watch the sun rise and smoke a cigarette. Sit in the grass all day. And before bed have a shot of whisky and watch the stars drop on your head.

That's it.

That's all you need.

You just lived out an enjoyable day and no pop culture or media had to tell you what to do. And your fine.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:54 PM
link   
If the palestinians were allowed to have guns there'd be no more oppression from Israel.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

You know, just because the Communists had a good idea, doesn't mean we should think it's a bad idea.

Maybe they had the idea because they didn't want their people doing exactly what we've been doing... F***ING KILLING EACH OTHER!!! How's that for the home of the brave?

Yep, land of the free. You can even take your daddy's old Snauser and blow someone's head off if they say something wrong. Hell, a guy blew away half of the theater crowd in Dark Knight Rises. Who knows why, but it should never have happened. But it did. Why? Because we're free to own guns. No matter HOW psychotic our country becomes, we're allowed to have guns. Because our dear old forefathers never, ever imagined what their country would turn into over the course of a couple centuries.

...Oops, I guess.

edit on 20-7-2012 by AfterInfinity because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AfterInfinity

Jesus sent his disciples out two at a time, and demanded they be armed with a sword...

Gandhi said this.

"Among the many misdeeds of the British rule in India, history will look upon the act of depriving a whole nation of arms, as the blackest." — Mahatma Gandhi

There is two of the most Patient compassionate people for you on what we will say weapon control.

Your fear controls you... You fear the dangers of big bad guns, so you want daddy Government to protect you.

The Right to protect oneself is universal, and as I said, the Police where not there for me when I needed them, what was was my Springfield Armory XD45.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Anybody who thinks gun control is the answer is an out right simpleton who isn't looking at the bigger picture. The firearms used in today's incident were merely tools, outlaw those tools and a new set will just replace it. The only effective way to combat this kind of violence is to really dig into the why rather than the how. We need to know what causes these people to completely lose their crap and decide to take the lives of others. Some are crazy, others kill out of anger, and some do it simply for the attention and fame.

The media unfortunately is directly culpable in this as they pump out images of the tragedies 24x7 for about a week or two and send out the unconscious message to the unbalanced of society that this is how you claim your 15 minutes of fame when nothing else works. Talking heads on the evening news pick apart the attacker and analyze every shred of information about him; the future killers see this and think "oh look, a kindred spirit, one day I will be just like him".

Maybe if people were just a touch more pro-active in giving a crap about others these things wouldn't be common place, few people who snap are truly alone; maybe if those who knew them had cared enough to try to extend a hand and help them when they needed it most they wouldn't feel the need to commit these terrible crimes to satiate whatever desires compel them to hurt others.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Yeah, F-u buddy, I am one of the Law abiding Citizens that has used a gun to defend himself...

Watch your language toward me, buddy. Just because you do the right thing, doesn't mean everyone does. Honor is dead in this country. Honor dies, money flies.

It was the reason I moved from the L.A. area to the boonies in the first place.

Sweet, people have different reasons to shoot each other now. That's awesome.

Come take my guns, Ill give them gladly to anyone who wants them, starting with a bullet at a time.

You know, Uzis are illegal in the U.S. Shouldn't be a problem, right? As long as your handgun shoots fine, no one can touch you. Unless they have a gun too, and according to our rights, they're allowed to. Oops, even more accidents and injuries. They don't give psycho evals to everyone who buys a gun, you know.

Anywho, handguns should work fine. So why do we need Uzis? And yet I've heard tell of many people who have Uzis hidden in various places of their house. Different guns, different everything. Why do we need so many guns?

I'll tell you why. We don't want guns for defense. We're FASCINATED with them. Just like when we built the atomic bomb, we're fascinated with having control over life and death. And just as a frantic little piece of us scrambles for survival, there's a monster lurking in that dark part of your mind that just THRIVES on the thrill of pointing that gun and being God for a minute.

And that's exactly what it is. A power trip. Someone want to argue with me? Feel free.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Helig

Thank you. Someone who sees what I'm seeing. And no, it isn't that I think I'm right...I'm looking at the REAL why, the REAL how. Not what people feel is important or right - they don't even know. They let their pride and their fear control their judgment. That's alright, it's perfectly human. But I'm looking beyond. I pride myself in that skill.

And I see absolute chaos erupting from gun freedom. Because EVERYONE here should know that just because you have freedom, doesn't mean you'll do the right thing with it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by AfterInfinity
reply to post by ararisq

You know, just because the Communists had a good idea, doesn't mean we should think it's a bad idea.

Maybe they had the idea because they didn't want their people doing exactly what we've been doing... F***ING KILLING EACH OTHER!!! How's that for the home of the brave?

Yep, land of the free. You can even take your daddy's old Snauser and blow someone's head off if they say something wrong. Hell, a guy blew away half of the theater crowd in Dark Knight Rises. Who knows why, but it should never have happened. But it did. Why? Because we're free to own guns. No matter HOW psychotic our country becomes, we're allowed to have guns. Because our dear old forefathers never, ever imagined what their country would turn into over the course of a couple centuries.

...Oops, I guess.

I still have to say that it's too late now.

Honestly, with the current political climate in the US, the destruction of the constitution, the encroaching police state, increased gang numbers, crime rats, violence and on and on...would you want every American to hand in their guns to the local police station?

No way to defend yourself.

Curious as to your answer.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

basicaly this is the answer to the killing and i knew this B.S was gonna happen right after the shooting

gun control is not the answer cause we will still have the cops and military to kill other humans...

im srry but i have a great feeling that this whole movie gun man is all CIA related to take our weapons away like damn the dude had every kind of weapons just not a KNIFE ? assault rifle combat shotgun and a hand pistol and body armour and he didnt even wanna fight back against the cops ? why have full armour if u aint robbing a back or fighting against anyone ?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

I'm talking about the police and EVERYONE getting rid of their guns. The most destructive weapon in the shape of a gun would be tasers in civilian hands. That's it.

Whatcha think?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You know, Uzis are illegal in the U.S. Shouldn't be a problem, right? As long as your handgun shoots fine, no one can touch you. Unless they have a gun too, and according to our rights, they're allowed to. Oops, even more accidents and injuries. They don't give psycho evals to everyone who buys a gun, you know.

Yeah I bought my gun for a hobby, and it turned out it saved my life, I never bought it to shoot anyone.

Even now thinking on the incident my hands are shaking.

I killed someone in self defense, my life went into a downward spiral from it.

IT is a horrible thing taking anothers life, I went through years of depression, lost my job, depression led to failing health and I ended up having a stroke.

I trace it all back to the Shooting.

Killing is HORRIBLE, period.

But me and my wife being killed because a junky wanted a hit...

Yea thats great, I should of called the cops, and waited for Uncle Sam to come protect me.

My wife called the cops, and guess what, they showed up 20 minutes AFTER the shooting.

The gun is a tool, the Intruder had a knife, and came at me, ALL GUN CONTROL would of done, was prevent me from defending my wife and I.

You throw up Uzi arguments and such, what ever you need to to justify your stance, ME, I don't have to justify anything, I am alive for Better or worst because of MY GUN.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:16 PM
link   
I mentioned this in the other thread, but this situation continues to remind me of The Port Arthur Massacre conspiracy.

Notice how that turned out for Australia.

Obviously, the Dark Knight shooter has not yet been reported to have shown superhuman accuracy, but the effects of each of these events seem to be potentially similar.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

Guess you should have taken some jujitsu classes. Wouldn't have needed that gun; seriously, there's at least 20 ways to disarm a knife-wielding assailant without the use of firearms.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:27 PM
link   
It would have to work. Just look at how making Crystal Meth illegal has helped stop the Meth Epidemic.

Just look at how the speed limit stops people from speeding.

Illegal guns can and will be obtained by those who are willing to commit illegal activity.

But... most likely we will have more of our rights stripped away and become even more defenseless to the powers.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:29 PM
link   
The moment I heard about it, my first thought was, "is this a false flag to justify gun control?" Hillary has really been pushing for it. It's all part of the plan, in my opinion.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Guess you should have taken some jujitsu classes. Wouldn't have needed that gun; seriously, there's at least 20 ways to disarm a knife-wielding assailant without the use of firearms.

Ill go ahead and say it... You sir are a simpleton.

I don't care if this violates TOC, A man with a knife breaks into MY home, in the middle of the night, where MY wife is sleeping.

And I should of taken years of self defense... After this man had already killed my wifes little chihuahua that was barking in the yard, we found him after the incident when I wondered how come the damn thing wasn't barking, we have Pitt Bulls now by the way.

AND I SHOULD OF TAKEN MARTIAL ARTS?

What about now? Should I go take a class, im 10 years older, had a stroke, my right side doesn't function right.

Should I hand over the gun that Saved my wife and I so you feel a little safer about society as a whole?

I hope you are never faced with an armed intruder in your house in the middle of the night, I honestly do, and I pray that if that ever happens the Police respond in time to save you.

AS for gun control doing anything, RIGHT now I can obtain a gun, anywhere in the world, any caliber, full auto, brand new as well.

I can get it shipped in secret, smuggled in, for around 1000-2000 depending on what I wanted, I could get a hand gun to Britain if I needed too.

The know how is out there, gun control stops nothing.

There is your gun control at work, CRIMINALS can get one anywhere, Law abiding citizens not so much.
edit on 20-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Looks like America has its own version of Dunblane, and we all know where that led, I'm surprised the police did not shoot that guy to keep him quiet.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

And I should of taken years of self defense

And I guess this is where you say, "Years of self defense aren't worth protecting my wife and home. I'll just buy a gun instead because I don't feel as bad about taking a life as I do about taking years of classes that would improve my health and mind, and provide ample defense that would spare a life in need of changing. Nope, not worth it."

And you call me a simpleton. I just dragged all of that out of one sentence. Sorry, sir, but I am not in the least offended, being called a simpleton who would rather kill someone than take classes that have more benefits than costs. Hell, your friends could have taught you! I'm sure you have at least one who knows a trick or two.

Very useful in bar fights.

What about now? Should I go take a class, im 10 years older, had a stroke, my right side doesn't function right.

A man can do whatever he wants. If a man who has tiny arms and tiny legs, who barely clears two and a half feet, can jump into a swimming pool and pop right back out, I don't think you should have a problem learning a couple of new tricks.

Excuses, excuses. You just don't want it enough. I respect your right to disagree, however, and that's where I'll leave it. This is getting off topic, and I'd rather not disrupt the thread. Have fun in those jujitsu classes.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   
reply to post by benrl

That's because the civilians were defenseless in front of the government, which had guns of all sorts.

I'm talking COMPLETE disarmament. And only for guns. Tasers are perfectly legit.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Very useful in bar fights.

I guess that shows your mentallity.

I am a grown ass man with a family, I don't get into stupid fights.

I didn't buy the gun to shoot someone, I bought it because my friend talked me into it to go shooting.

The event that night was the single defining moment in my life to date.

Before that I was a Liberal anti-gun California Democrat, Atheist to boot as well.

That shooting defined who I am today, I never meant to fire a gun in defense to harm.

I was never a gun nut, I was pro-gun control.

Everyone who is Pro-gun control is one event away from being a card carrying member of the NRA.

edit on 20-7-2012 by benrl because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join