It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Badnarik to crash debates tonight

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I have just recieved this in my E-mail.......

Michael Badnarik, the Libertarian Party's 2004 presidential nominee, will debate John Kerry and George W. Bush in St. Louis on Friday. Or he'll go to jail instead.

"A majority of Americans say that I should be included in the events sponsored by the Commission on Presidential Debates," says Badnarik, 50, of Austin, Texas. "And the CPD, as a non-profit, has received special treatment from government on the requirement that they be non-partisan in their activities. Bi-partisan is not non-partisan.

"Unless I am allowed to participate, the debates become a massive campaign contribution to two of the candidates, illegal under the very campaign finance laws those two candidates have passed and signed as Senator and President."

At 8 p.m. on Friday evening, Badnarik, along with the demonstrators expected to assemble in protest against his exclusion, will proceed to the police line erected to keep himself and the other legitimate candidates out during broadcast of the "bi-partisan campaign commercial."

And then he will cross it.

He says he will be allowed to debate or be arrested.

I say GO FOR IT MIKE

The big two have locked out every other party long enough its time to speak out

Heres the link

www.badnarik.org...

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Amuk]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Although I'm not for him, I'd be interested to see if he does pull this off. I think Kerry might let him in, but the way the Bush team has been running, they'd probably pre-emptively haul Badnarik away.

Thanks for posting! Let's see what happens. I'd like nothing better than to see a HUGE fuss occur!

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Byrd]

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
HOORAY FOR STRIFE!

HOORAY FOR DISCORD!

CONFUSION TO THE REPUBLICANS!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:02 PM
link   
Very interesting!!! I sure hope he makes it in to debate these 2 goons!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Byrd
I'd like nothing better than to see a HUGE fuss occur!

[edit on 8-10-2004 by Byrd]

Me too

The chances of him getting in to debate is zero but I would like it to bring some light to shine on how the big two keep EVERYONE else out of the race

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:10 PM
link   
Amuk...thank you very much for the information, as I'm sure the media would/is going to keep the whole thing silent. I hope Badnarik gets in...that would be one hell of a debate
I'm sure a lot of people would soon convert to the Libertarian party if they actually get to hear what they and other 3rd parties have to say.

Go for it Michael

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:11 PM
link   
Did he submit formal applications to join this debate?

It just screams of a publicity stunt. He knows he'll be carted off in the back of a police car.

*listens to a whisper* .....What?....You say Libertarians are largely ex-repubs? Okay, let the man filibuster.

I believe theres a real problem in letting third parties in on the big debates. The third parties have NO chance of winning and can therefore pander to their focus groups. The public wants free coke? Sure! Coke AND Pepsi in every home! They're able to say whatever they want with no accountability because they're not going to win and have to put the policies into place.

I'm all for free speech but this is supposed to focus on which man will lead America. Badnarik will not so he is NOT included.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Gutsy move, Mike. Go for it!

However, he won't be arrested and I bet there will be 0 fuss. He won't be allowed in either. Sorry to say, it's the status quo all the way.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I just hope it gets some type of coverage. It is really sickening how these two parties shut everyone else out and the media is just as bad as they are.

Most of the American public don't even realize they have more that "2" choices. Everyone deserves a chance, and legitimate candidates deserve to be apart of the debate as much as anyone else.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Wow Nerdling...how close minded can you get my friend? Maybe, just maybe, if people were given the chance to hear them in a "big" setting they may just have a chance. As it stands you are also contributing to the apparent lack of free speach that is running rampant in this country!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:15 PM
link   
Go for it !!!.we need more of a choice. before they kill us all

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I'll be surprised if it makes more than 2 minutes worth of video on the news. Please keep the updates coming.

MK

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:18 PM
link   
This is what has to happen if anyone but those chosen get to speak. The stranglehold the government has on America is by far getting worse.

By the government, I mean the big two. The big two hold almost every office in Washington, and they have power over it. Someone needs to show them that this has gone too far.

We have been pushed too long. Been ignored too long. Disinformed too long. And generally taken as a cash crop for way too long.

The solution to them is more taxes and government one way or the other. Building upon an already huge building can only happen for so long before that building collapes. Same goes with everything man makes.

Stop the power that binds up and floods us with Commertials instead of education. Entertainment instead of debate. And money as the answer to our problems.

Get through that line Mike.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
But I support it 1000%.

Man's gotta do what a man's gotta do when banned from the media.

I bet Badnarik really hates that Nader gets interviewed every time he turns around, while his name is on the "no-say" list.

I've been wondering about these "soft supporters" in the audience tonight asking questions. All screened by Gallup.

A real coup would be a Libertarian plant.

The Kerry and Bush people will be a given. How about some mayhem!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:20 PM
link   
What we need is more choice then the big 2 are allowing. They won't let him in. Both camps have agreed to keep it between themselves and not let the focus go elsewhere.

So I am predicting, no guarnateeing, that we will see a repeat of 2000. One wins the popular, the other the electoral college.

If people aren't given a choice then nothing will ever change.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jazzerman
Wow Nerdling...how close minded can you get my friend? Maybe, just maybe, if people were given the chance to hear them in a "big" setting they may just have a chance. As it stands you are also contributing to the apparent lack of free speach that is running rampant in this country!

I don't think you understand me.

Third parties will not win. They WON'T. It's NOT going to happen.

Allowing a third party candidate is nothing but a spoiler in the process. They can say WHATEVER they want and play the idealist and they'll never have to implement the policies in the real world.

It's nothing to do with free speech. He can speak and be heard fine. The problem is the third party feeling left out and trying to stick a spanner into the big 2.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Yes, Nerdling. You're probably right.

However, won't it be great? A media circus. That's what it's looking to be.

In all honesty, this sounds like a plot cooked up over an iggy of cold Coronas. Honestly, it's a half-baked attempt to draw attention to him. It's going to draw a number of people to him, because there's still a large number of americans that have never heard of him.

and I reiterate:

CONFUSION AND CONFLAGRATION TO THE REPUBLICANS!

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I would love to see him crash this debate. To bad we don't see more third party canidates try this. As long as there is only two parties I don't really see any changes in the future that will make a big difference.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:33 PM
link   
I don't think you understand that with only 2 candidates you are only representing the 2 extermes of society.

Neither of these candidates speakes to the middle. Both Bush and Kerry will say what the majority of their party wants to hear, and those of us who think their both full of crap are left with nothing.

The real majority of this country is somewhere in the middle. Unlike with the Coke or Pepsi analogy, some people like Dr. Pepper, and some don't drink that crap at all.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 05:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nerdling
Third parties will not win. They WON'T. It's NOT going to happen.

Allowing a third party candidate is nothing but a spoiler in the process. They can say WHATEVER they want and play the idealist and they'll never have to implement the policies in the real world.

Why. I can bet it's only because you think so. This is the problem with America though. Considering only 50% vote, there could be a problem. How do you address a problem with participation? Surely the big two have been doing something right if no one cares anymore.

When people feel nothing can be done, many lose interest.

You have spoken a lie that is simply a manufacured "truth" from somewhere.

Does it not bother you that the media is manipulated by the big two? Is that freedom?

I say no.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join