It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Aurora Shootings, We Don't Deserve Freedom!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Louie Gohmert: Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'

Rep Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican wasted no time blaming the ungodly for the horrible tragedy of the attacks at the Aurora Theater.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of a derelict takes place," Gohmert said.

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman. Gohmert said that may be true, but suggested the shootings were still "a terrorist act" that could have been avoided if the country placed a higher value on God.

He goes further in his judgement of non-Christians declaring that they shouldn't have the freedoms given to us by the Constitution either!

Some of us happen to believe that when our founders talked about guarding our virtue and freedom, that that was important," he said. "Whether it's John Adams saying our Constitution was made only for moral and religious people ... Ben Franklin, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom, as nations become corrupt and vicious they have more need of masters. We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country."

So, basically, this "lawmaker" is declaring a war on the non-religious, specifically the non Christian population of the US, and using the tragedy of these shootings to bolster his bigoted ideology!

This is SO wrong!

What's next? Maybe we should amend the law to say that only Christians can carry guns!

edit on 20-7-2012 by windword because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:21 AM
link   
reply to post by windword

Fanatics are always the quickest to have something to say when they shouldn't.

It's kind of sad.

But I'm not surprised. Crazy people, will always come out in droves after something terrible happens, to remind the rest of us to fear whatever it is they believe in. Then blame the lack of said belief for the current circumstance.

Believe it, or you'll die, is kinda really common in religion.

~Tenth
edit on 7/20/2012 by tothetenthpower because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Sounds like somebody needs to pack their bags and move. And how does the shootings at the movie equate to attacks on Christian believes. The movie is called the Dark Knight rises not the Christian Knight rises. This guys elevator clearly doesn't go to the top floor.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Why do people vote for these kind of guys and gals anyway? It's mind boggling.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Nobody expects the spanish inquesition

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
Then this guy goes on to ask;

"It does make me wonder, with all those people in the theater, was there nobody that was carrying a gun that could have stopped this guy more quickly?" he asked.

Right, a guy wearing Kelvar and a gas mask throws 2 tear gas cans, and starts shooting. Then this guys expects someone to shoot back, in a dark smokey theater, with tears in their eyes, at a guy wearing bullet proof clothing.

Yeah, that's going to work.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:39 AM
link   
John Adams was no bible thumper. In his own words:

"This would be the best of all possible worlds, if there were no religion in it."

freethought.mbdojo.com...

In fact, the founding fathers distrusted organized religion and found it to be a sort of tyranny all unto itself. They believed in a creator, but not necessarily as it is represented in the bible. People today tend to forget this and assume that our founding fathers were Christian. Not so. They wanted freedom FROM religion, as well as the freedom to worship how one pleases.

I wish these over-bloated gas bags in our government would keep their mouths shut, until they actually know what the hell they're talking about.

I can just see all the government idiots huddled together in rooms, deciding how best to gut the second amendment in response to this tragedy.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:40 AM
link   
That guy's an arsehole.

I'm sorry for the vitriol folks, but rights are for everybody, not just a select few people.

i'd love to get rid of all pos like him who thinks that rights only apply to them.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I'm really not sure why we devote bandwidth to discussing nut cases like this. The guy is a geriatric, fundamentalist Christian fascist. The fact that he is using this tragedy to push his own agenda, really tells us all we really need to know about his character.

Let's just leave it at that.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by windword

What's next? Maybe we should amend the law to say that only Christians can carry guns!

I knew it would eventually boil over to this point, but damn, that was fast.

People like that don't deserve to be in a seat of power.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Guns have been around since shortly after Chinese invented gunpowder.

Nuts have been around since the first cave woman whelped one that wasn't quite right in the end.....

What I believe has changed is media, willing to make people famous and infamous for, literally, all time. See the good book of Guiness for what people are willing to do for a little fame. Add mental issues to that, and the Media damn near making them more famous than Presidents and Super-Stars and it's more than some can resist, I believe.

If this guy was kicked....and good lord..the student debt at that level would be enough to crush a man...perhaps, this is part of his thinking for doing all he did and then meekly surrendering. Perhaps just being famous...debt free..and likely in a comfy solitary cell for life was his actual GOAL.... Intelligence can also bring a warped side to creativity. Just a thought.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Louie Gohmert: Aurora Shootings Result Of 'Ongoing Attacks On Judeo-Christian Beliefs'

Rep Louie Gohmert, a Texas Republican wasted no time blaming the ungodly for the horrible tragedy of the attacks at the Aurora Theater.

"You know what really gets me, as a Christian, is to see the ongoing attacks on Judeo-Christian beliefs, and then some senseless crazy act of a derelict takes place," Gohmert said.

Ernest Istook, the host of the show and a former Oklahoma congressman, jumped in to clarify that nobody knows the motivation of the alleged Aurora gunman. Gohmert said that may be true, but suggested the shootings were still "a terrorist act" that could have been avoided if the country placed a higher value on God.

He goes further in his judgement of non-Christians declaring that they shouldn't have the freedoms given to us by the Constitution either!

Some of us happen to believe that when our founders talked about guarding our virtue and freedom, that that was important," he said. "Whether it's John Adams saying our Constitution was made only for moral and religious people ... Ben Franklin, only a virtuous people are capable of freedom, as nations become corrupt and vicious they have more need of masters. We have been at war with the very pillars, the very foundation of this country."

So, basically, this "lawmaker" is declaring a war on the non-religious, specifically the non Christian population of the US, and using the tragedy of these shootings to bolster his bigoted ideology!

This is SO wrong!

Let's set aside the fact you picked this out just to post an anti-christian rant, and just go with the point this man was really trying to get across.

That being that the general morality of the populace is circling the drain and the people that commit atrocities like this (READ: IMMORAL) do not deserve the freedoms set forth in the Constitution.

Well? Is he wrong?

When you commit a crime such as this, you give up those freedoms. That is why you are PUT IN PRISON or EXECUTED.

But of course... ATS being a breeding ground for anti-christian sentiment, it's not surprising.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

The media also glamorizes violence. The Batman movies are violent. Movies make violence look "cool". It's all a lethal combination in the end.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by windword

I have an idea for a reality show.
Find these individuals that are anti-gun.
Then, wait until they are in a vulnerable position and then "attack", all staged of course. But the idea is to put these people in what they would perceive at the moment a life or death situation. Arrange it so that their only means of escape would be with a firearm, which they will not have. Maybe those people need to wear another set of shoes to see the other side of the spectrum.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

Let's set aside the fact you picked this out just to post an anti-christian rant, and just go with the point this man was really trying to get across.

First of all, this isn't an "anti-Christian" rant, it's an anti-Christian nutcase rant!

That being that the general morality of the populace is circling the drain and the people that commit atrocities like this (READ: IMMORAL) do not deserve the freedoms set forth in the Constitution.

Plenty of Christians are ok with killing. How would you propose to determine who's rights are preemptively removed, and which ones?

Well? Is he wrong?

Yes, he's wrong and blindsided by his moral high ground.

When you commit a crime such as this, you give up those freedoms. That is why you are PUT IN PRISON or EXECUTED.

That's already given, criminals loose the right to bear arms and other constitutional rights, but not all of them, They still have the right to defense, to remain silent and a speedy trail, among others.

What rights would you like to remove from the ungodly?

But of course... ATS being a breeding ground for anti-christian sentiment, it's not surprising.

The Christians on this site get along quite fine.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:56 PM
link   

First of all, this isn't an "anti-Christian" rant, it's an anti-Christian nutcase rant!

Apparently, there's a difference?

Plenty of Christians are ok with killing. How would you propose to determine who's rights are preemptively removed, and which ones?

I don't have to judge. That's why there are courts. Also, do not muddy up "killing" with "murder".
Some states still have the death penalty. Do you consider the execution of a heinous criminal "murder" ?

Yes, he's wrong and blindsided by his moral high ground.

Again. Set aside the fact that he has a bible in his pocket. He's referring to people like the shooter in Colorado who (obviously) have no regard for the lives of innocent human beings.
Yes he's up on a horse... who would you rather look to, someone lying in the gutter with a 5th of bourbon?

That's already given, criminals loose the right to bear arms and other constitutional rights, but not all of them, They still have the right to defense, to remain silent and a speedy trail, among others.

What rights would you like to remove from the ungodly?

I wouldn't use the term "ungodly". That's a term you're imposing here based on your opinion of this "christian". He's a alluding to the moral demise of a nation. Of course, he's making that allusion based on his belief system... that doesn't make him wrong.

The Christians on this site get along quite fine.

As do the members who take every opportunity to denigrate them and their beliefs to the level of skunk works. Your point?
edit on 20-7-2012 by HIWATT because: edit tree

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by HIWATT

I can't speak for the OP, but I'm not anti-Christian. I'm anti-idiot, and also anti-hypocrite.

My father was a Christian fascist; I got to know the breed well, growing up. We'll probably never know the number of women my father committed adultery with, but it was at least my mother's sister and mother, among others.

I know very well, exactly the type of "morality," that these authoritarian hypocrites would like to impose on the rest of us. Silent, secretive impunity for them, and tyranny for the rest of us. They get to commit adultery; they get to molest their children; they get to be alcoholics. The rest of us get condemned with fire and brimstone, no matter how immaculate we try to make our own behaviour, while they sin, even as they condemn us at the same time.

If there's one thing I've noticed that everyone is so, so eager to do these days, it is to name people who do not deserve the rights granted to them in the Constitution. Every American wants Constitutional exemptions made, but always for someone else.

Let me tell you; Constitutional exemptions are coming. Very large ones. After you've had a taste of what it's really like to have your own rights waived, we can at least hope that you'll stop being quite so enthusiastic, to see that done to so many other people.

Well? Is he wrong?

Yes, he is. The morality he proposes, in reality, is no morality at all.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:03 PM
link   
The Aurora police just announced that the shooter's address is;

1690 Paris Street, Aurora, CO 80010

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by HIWATT

I don't have to judge. That's why there are courts. Also, do not muddy up "killing" with "murder".
Some states still have the death penalty. Do you consider the execution of a heinous criminal "murder" ?

No, I think it's hypocritical to kill someone for killing someone.

Murder, you say? I remember my ultra Christian Pentecostal mother's glorious joy at the bombing of Hiroshima and Nagasaki, along with the glee accompanied by the Christian made bombs that were dropped on innocent civilians in Vietnam.

Now, we have holier than thou lawmakers that are crying out for the nuclear destruction of Iran. How are these deeds not murder and not hypocritical of a supposedly Christian nation? What would Jesus have done/said?

I wouldn't use the term "ungodly". That's a term you're imposing here based on your opinion of this "christian". He's a alluding to the moral demise of a nation. Of course, he's making that allusion based on his belief system... that doesn't make him wrong.

He, and you alike, are basing your opinion of morality around religious dogma. Morality is not owned by Christians but practiced by people of all walks of life, even atheists!

As do the members who take every opportunity to denigrate them and their beliefs to the level of skunk works. Your point?

The literal belief in talking snakes, virgin births, men living inside of a fish and dead men walking around, talking and eating DOES belong in Skunk Works!

IMHO

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
The Aurora police just announced that the shooter's address is;

1690 Paris Street, Aurora, CO 80010

Let's all go there right now and start rabble rousing!

NOT!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join