It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

UPDATE: Warner Bros Pulls Trailer Of Gangster Shooting Up Movie Theater

page: 1
16
<<   2 >>

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   

TDKR shooting premiered with a trailer with theater shooting!


www.deadline.com

EXCLUSIVE: This was truly terrible decision-making by Warner Bros – both to release a trailer like this and then not to pull it immediately after today’s tragedy. I have confirmed that the studio which released The Dark Knight Rises paired it with the official movie trailer for Gangster Squad (...) One of the scenes in the trailer that’s been playing all morning today shows a gangster with a machine gun shooting up people in a movie theater from behind the big screen.
(visit the link for the full news article)


edit on 20/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)


Edit by Maxmars: Apologies in advance, your news source has changed it's story title - so I updated the thread to reflect that as in breaking news we always cite the source .line to avoid confusion.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)




posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
"Terrible", or TIMELY decision-making? You decide!

The references in this movie trailer with the actual shooting -especially that very last scene that leaves NOTHING to the imagination!- are obvious.

Here it is:



Several sources claim that the audience was confused as to whether the shooting was a publicity stunt, to then realize to their horror that this was for real!!!

What it reminds me?

The anti-terror exercises in the morningn of 9/11! :O


www.deadline.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

People, spread this info, as much as you can!

FALSE FLAG ALERT!!!
edit on 20/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:07 AM
link   
I think you're reading too much in here, it's a big step from watching violent movies to actually doing it. This guy today is, by the sounds of it, just another lone nut who feels so abused by society that he's finally snapped. It's a very tiny minority who do



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
I think you're reading too much in here, it's a big step from watching violent movies to actually doing it. This guy today is, by the sounds of it, just another lone nut who feels so abused by society that he's finally snapped. It's a very tiny minority who do


Didja actually read my thread? That's not about the guy being influenced by violent movies. It's about a movie trailer being possibly used to facilitate a false flag attack, during the first weekend of a highly-overlooked blockbuster!

That ain't nothing.
edit on 20/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum
 


It took about one page of posts in the official breaking news thread on this very subject before people started concocting their own conspiracies and "inconsistencies," so I can't say I'm terribly surprised by this thread. Not only is this a ridiculous stretch, but it has no basis in reality.

So a Hollywood script was written, purchased and produced before finally being adopted by a director who eventually cast actors before being filmed on location, then edited, and finally distributed all for the purpose that the trailer of said movie would be shown at midnight during a Dark Knight Rises screening so as to confuse people right before they were senselessly murdered?

I guess this line of thought is nothing new on this site.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 


This is not breaking news...it's befuddled speculation. Your rabbit hole has no bottom....huh.

Des



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
reply to post by Zcustosmorum
 


It took about one page of posts in the official breaking news thread on this very subject before people started concocting their own conspiracies and "inconsistencies," so I can't say I'm terribly surprised by this thread. Not only is this a ridiculous stretch, but it has no basis in reality.

So a Hollywood script was written, purchased and produced before finally being adopted by a director who eventually cast actors before being filmed on location, then edited, and finally distributed all for the purpose that the trailer of said movie would be shown at midnight during a Dark Knight Rises screening so as to confuse people right before they were senselessly murdered?

I guess this line of thought is nothing new on this site.


Where did I talked about a movie?

That thread is about a movie TRAILER, something that can be really easily produced in a timely manner.

And you're actually claiming Hollywood cannot do any propaganda movie -or even TRAILER- to push an agenda of the State???
Where have you been all those years? Wonderland?

I suppose you never heard of anything about Frank Capra and this war propaganda movies. But that was just the old days... Hollywood has done far better and more evolved propaganda pieces since then. And yeah, the directors and producers aren't all exclusively artistic and non-compromised in their work, and yeah they got massively obvious ties with the establishment, and more importantly, everybody KNOWS THAT!

Yeah, that "line of thought"... that is being wary of what the corporate establishment are able to pull off, sine they've been doing that kind of stuff in the past, and not only can but have some very good reasons to do it again. 

...or perhaps you're looking for non-"conspiracy theory"-minded people? So you are not at your place here, Judge. Lemme direct you to Media Matters, where you will find more "enlightened, no-nonsense" minds like yours!



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destinyone
reply to post by Echtelion
 


This is not breaking news...it's befuddled speculation. Your rabbit hole has no bottom....huh.

Des


Typical shoot the messenger tactic. Sooo unimpressed!

Do you know anything about this forum you're on?



AboveTopSecret.com is the Internet's largest and most popular discussion board community dedicated to the intelligent exchange of ideas and debate on a wide range of "alternative topics" such as conspiracies, UFO's, paranormal, secret societies, political scandals, new world order, terrorism, and dozens of related topics with a diverse mix of users from all over the world.


Oh and yeah... this IS breaking news. But of course you haven't read the source article... that I actually found that on Drudgereport!
edit on 20/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 





And you're actually claiming Hollywood cannot do any propaganda movie -or even TRAILER- to push an agenda of the State??? Where have you been all those years? Wonderland?


I made no such claim, however I hardly believe that Gangster Squad was made with the intentions of eventually using it in a trailer that would predict the ruthless murders of a dozen individuals. And please explain to me how a trailer with a very brief clip of someone shooting at a movie theatre is part of "an agenda of the State." As far as the wonderland comment, I would ask you the same thing. You must live in a sad, sad world if the first thing you think of when a terrible and tragic event occurs is "CONSPIRACY!"

I saw the midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises in a theatre in Columbus, Ohio, which happened to show the same trailer with the same brief clip of a shooting in a movie theatre. Nobody thought anything of it. No detached human being came bursting through the fire exit with tear gas and and guns. Why's that? Could it be that what happened in Colorado was an isolated event that had absolutely nothing to do with a meaningless trailer that was shown before the movie? When something happens in your daily life that you can categorize as "random" or "coincidental," do you automatically assume that some sort of conspiracy is unraveling before your eyes?




I suppose you never heard of anything about Frank Capra and this war propaganda movies. But that was just the old days... Hollywood has done far better and more evolved propaganda pieces since then. And yeah, the directors and producers aren't all exclusively artistic and non-compromised in their work, and yeah they got massively obvious ties with the establishment, and more importantly, everybody KNOWS THAT!


I have a feeling you misunderstand the meaning of the word "propaganda." What about that trailer was propaganda, exactly? What policies are advanced to the general public in a brief clip of someone shooting at a movie theatre? Now, it would be propaganda if the trailer showed Ryan Gosling buying Ford cars and saying how great Ford is and that it is un-American to buy anything other than Ford. Or it would be propaganda if Ryan Gosling went on a patriotic rant about the dangers of Iran, or WMD's in Iraq, etc.

Now, you claim that everybody knows that Hollywood has "obvious ties with the establishment." Let's assume this is true. Are you insinuating that the directors were somehow in on this the whole time? That they knew they were filming a movie where a brief clip would be used to predict a random shooting in Colorado? You're logic is circular.




Yeah, that "line of thought"... that is being wary of what the corporate establishment are able to pull off, sine they've been doing that kind of stuff in the past, and not only can but have some very good reasons to do it again.


So, let me get this straight... It was the "corporate establishment" that pulled off this massacre? Not some out-of-touch, desensitized moron with a bunch of ammo and some tear gas? If you are the expert on this, and if you claim that they have some "very good reasons" to do such a thing, would you please let me know what that is? I hardly see how anybody, let alone this "corporate establishment" you speak of, could benefit off of such a thing, but since this is your deluded conspiracy, you can tell me what that is.




...or perhaps you're looking for non-"conspiracy theory"-minded people? So you are not at your place here, Judge. Lemme direct you to Media Matters, where you will find more "enlightened, no-nonsense" minds like yours!


I come here to combat ignorance, sir. That is what this site is for, after all. If you don't like that, I'd be more than happy to direct you to the top of the website where it says the following:

DENY IGNORANCE



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:50 PM
link   
To me this is probably an NLP triggering of some Sleepers, and possibly why that even happened. Even if I'm wrong, it still needs to be said because they orchestrate most events and don't deserve to be seen as innocents, that is the least possibility to me on a list of probabilities and possibilities.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
Sick sick country the ol' U.S of A.
It's like the mental health patient, who don't even know he's sick, so sad.

Poor you, you think everything is a false flag, and and I don't blame you, in your insanely violent society.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
reply to post by Echtelion
 





And you're actually claiming Hollywood cannot do any propaganda movie -or even TRAILER- to push an agenda of the State??? Where have you been all those years? Wonderland?


I made no such claim, however I hardly believe that Gangster Squad was made with the intentions of eventually using it in a trailer that would predict the ruthless murders of a dozen individuals. And please explain to me how a trailer with a very brief clip of someone shooting at a movie theatre is part of "an agenda of the State." As far as the wonderland comment, I would ask you the same thing. You must live in a sad, sad world if the first thing you think of when a terrible and tragic event occurs is "CONSPIRACY!"

I saw the midnight showing of the Dark Knight Rises in a theatre in Columbus, Ohio, which happened to show the same trailer with the same brief clip of a shooting in a movie theatre. Nobody thought anything of it. No detached human being came bursting through the fire exit with tear gas and and guns. Why's that? Could it be that what happened in Colorado was an isolated event that had absolutely nothing to do with a meaningless trailer that was shown before the movie? When something happens in your daily life that you can categorize as "random" or "coincidental," do you automatically assume that some sort of conspiracy is unraveling before your eyes?




I suppose you never heard of anything about Frank Capra and this war propaganda movies. But that was just the old days... Hollywood has done far better and more evolved propaganda pieces since then. And yeah, the directors and producers aren't all exclusively artistic and non-compromised in their work, and yeah they got massively obvious ties with the establishment, and more importantly, everybody KNOWS THAT!


I have a feeling you misunderstand the meaning of the word "propaganda." What about that trailer was propaganda, exactly? What policies are advanced to the general public in a brief clip of someone shooting at a movie theatre? Now, it would be propaganda if the trailer showed Ryan Gosling buying Ford cars and saying how great Ford is and that it is un-American to buy anything other than Ford. Or it would be propaganda if Ryan Gosling went on a patriotic rant about the dangers of Iran, or WMD's in Iraq, etc.

Now, you claim that everybody knows that Hollywood has "obvious ties with the establishment." Let's assume this is true. Are you insinuating that the directors were somehow in on this the whole time? That they knew they were filming a movie where a brief clip would be used to predict a random shooting in Colorado? You're logic is circular.




Yeah, that "line of thought"... that is being wary of what the corporate establishment are able to pull off, sine they've been doing that kind of stuff in the past, and not only can but have some very good reasons to do it again.


So, let me get this straight... It was the "corporate establishment" that pulled off this massacre? Not some out-of-touch, desensitized moron with a bunch of ammo and some tear gas? If you are the expert on this, and if you claim that they have some "very good reasons" to do such a thing, would you please let me know what that is? I hardly see how anybody, let alone this "corporate establishment" you speak of, could benefit off of such a thing, but since this is your deluded conspiracy, you can tell me what that is.




...or perhaps you're looking for non-"conspiracy theory"-minded people? So you are not at your place here, Judge. Lemme direct you to Media Matters, where you will find more "enlightened, no-nonsense" minds like yours!


I come here to combat ignorance, sir. That is what this site is for, after all. If you don't like that, I'd be more than happy to direct you to the top of the website where it says the following:

DENY IGNORANCE


Again your post is full of straw man arguments. Never did I referred to the movie Gangster Squad, but on the trailer that was produced and offered by Warner Bros, the same studio for The Dark Knight Rises.

I never said that every single Hollywood director is tied with the establishment. The Hollywood film industry has long, well-known ties with the larger political/financial/media establishment.

I also never said that the Gangster Squad trailer was Hollywood propaganda, but that there is obvious direct relation between the ending of that trailer and the tragic mass murder that happened. If you don't see the relation, that the guys in that trailer were dressed-up '20s gangster style and because of that it's irrelevant, if so you are being completely dishonest and aren't worth replying to at all.

You asked me why I believe this COULD be part of a State agenda? Because the trailer made the audience into believing it was part of some marketing stunt, so they were caught off guard, hence facilitating the shooting as it happened.

I am denying ignorance. This info I'm bringing here is relevant, and was posted on serious news sites.
edit on 20/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by samsamm9
Sick sick country the ol' U.S of A.
It's like the mental health patient, who don't even know he's sick, so sad.

Poor you, you think everything is a false flag, and and I don't blame you, in your insanely violent society.



Haha... now the anti-messenger snipers are ganging up one me! Alright, I'll gladly shoot back...

I asked the other poster to tell me where, exactly, I have been turning every murderous tragedy in a false flag attack, and I'm asking the same question to you as well.

So no I don't think everything is a false flag, Dr. Straw Man Argument.

Yep, this is an insanely violent society, and this horrible mass murder is one of its consequences.

Oh and furthermore... if you want a way to abolish relations of violence between people, perhaps we could stop shooting messengers, and discuss the facts or ideas?
edit on 20/7/12 by Echtelion because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unity_99
To me this is probably an NLP triggering of some Sleepers, and possibly why that even happened. Even if I'm wrong, it still needs to be said because they orchestrate most events and don't deserve to be seen as innocents, that is the least possibility to me on a list of probabilities and possibilities.


Likely, indeed...

Given the record of that guy... A neuroscience student, who was on psychotic drug therapy. I wouldn't be surprised that they find out he was related to that infamous MK Ultra doctor... what was his name again?



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judge_Holden
reply to post by Zcustosmorum
 


It took about one page of posts in the official breaking news thread on this very subject before people started concocting their own conspiracies and "inconsistencies," so I can't say I'm terribly surprised by this thread. Not only is this a ridiculous stretch, but it has no basis in reality.

So a Hollywood script was written, purchased and produced before finally being adopted by a director who eventually cast actors before being filmed on location, then edited, and finally distributed all for the purpose that the trailer of said movie would be shown at midnight during a Dark Knight Rises screening so as to confuse people right before they were senselessly murdered?

I guess this line of thought is nothing new on this site.


yep, the only conspiracy here is that they left the trailer playing long enough to have people talking about the gangster movie. nothing to see here


"OMG do you think that high speed chase in that one movie was the TPTB showing us what was going to happen to OJ simpson?"

:shakes .:



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Video no longer available...
I wonder if the killer saw this trailer...I just saw the one for Oz coming out in March 2013.
but I didn't notice anything....like with this one that would make you go don't be going and giving anyone any bad ideas...
edit on 20-7-2012 by relocator because: (no reason given)



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Echtelion
 


All of the mass shooters in the USA are on psychotic drug therapy or anti depressive drugs. For the last twenty years. Makes me wonder who is talking to them behind closed doors.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion
The anti-terror exercises in the morningn of 9/11! :O

This is not terrorism, it's only terrorism when Muslims do it.



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   
Um... it looks like they pulled all the trailers from YouTube, as well. Each has a message saying either that Warner Brothers has blocked it or that it is not available in my country (the US).

Wow, never seen a company so desperate to erase content before.


- edit -

Just found a working video here: Gangster Squad Trailer
edit on 20-7-2012 by Cuervo because: found trailer



posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:33 PM
link   
For those who didn't see the trailer because it got removed from mostly anywhere, the ending was completely insane!

Gangster guys rushing towards a silver screen and shooting it with their guns... then walking through the screen, by the openings they made... and coming back shooting at the audience!

Really didn't looked like it had any place in a coherent film. Rather like it was out from one of those weird dreams.... How can Hollywood make stuff like that is beyond me, but most probably they'll remove that entire part from the film.



new topics

top topics



 
16
<<   2 >>

log in

join