It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass Shootings, Guns, and the US

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
People need to understand that the 2nd amendment is not only the right to bare arms, but the right to have militias. Another thing, I think most of these professorially orchestrated shootings are Manchurian Candidates. Anti-Terror legislation will probably be passed after the Aurora shooting. This Gov. or "Shadow" Gov. does not care about you, it only cares about sustaining itself. People always think America is different because we have all these freedoms (which are drastically being taken away) when we are no different from Rome.

America exhibits all the characteristics of an Empire. We consume 25% of the worlds resources, while we make up 5% of the world population. We have the most sophisticated military in the world. Our military reach touches the whole world. We have over 900 military bases across the world. English has become the Primary Language across the world. The US Dollar, even though not directly taxed, has become the dominant Global Currency.

Were living in a modern Rome and no one seems to care... Tom Cruises divorce and the Kardashians catches the eye of Americans more then NDAA, NDRP, and the horrible stench of corruption in this Republic.

"The most foolish mistake we could possibly make would be to permit the conquered Eastern peoples to have arms. History teaches that all conquerors who have allowed their subject races to carry arms have prepared their own downfall by doing so. Indeed I would go so far as to say that the underdog is a sine qua non for the overthrow of any sovereignty. So let's not have any native militia or police. German troops alone will bear the sole responsibility for the maintenance of law and order."

~ Adolf Hitler, April 11, 1942, in “Hitler's Table-Talk at the Führer's Headquarters 1941—1942,” Dr. Henry Picker, ed. (Athenaeum Verlag, Bonn, 1951)

/end rant.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:49 PM
link   

All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing. This is probably the most quoted statement attributed to Burke, and an extraordinary number of variants of it exist, but all without any definite original source. These very extensively used remarks may be based on a paraphrase of some of Burke's ideas, but he is not known to have ever declared them in so succinct a manner in any of his writings. They may have been adapted from these lines of Burke's in his Thoughts on the Cause of Present Discontents (1770): "When bad men combine, the good must associate; else they will fall one by one, an unpitied sacrifice in a contemptible struggle."

Source

Good post, Getreadyalready!.

I agree, the government wants us all on it's teat, for everything we need. Mindless, taxpaying cattle (sheep).

I've had my CCW for several years so far, and every day, I take the responsibility. I am happy to report, that to this day, I've not needed it. Tomorrow might be different. But as Burke says, "All that is necessary for the triumph of evil is that good men do nothing".

How much goes on every day, that good men just let happen, because we do not wish to "get involved" or because "I can't be bothered" or because "It's not my problem".

One could say, it's because of the path we've all been on for decades, being kept to the grinding wheel to pay our bills, and keep "our families in line, so we don't get in trouble".

When it's my turn, I hope I make the right decision in that split second I have to think. May we all make the right decision, and not let evil triumph over good.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Emergingtruth

I hope it backfires and gun sales in Colorado skyrocket!

Yeah, so more guys like this one can go out and get a weapon to use on innocents?

You know when I hear the debate on guns in the US I see nobody coming up with any solutions, but it takes a huge stretch to think that to reduce mass gun killings the best solution is for more people to be armed.

Completely crazy upside down thinking
I guess the best way to tackle second hand smoke is to get everybody to smoke cigarettes....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Cygnis

Great Quote!

A good friend of mine that was in the department of corrections for years, and is now in a very high administrative position in law enforcement posted to his Facebook wall this message, and I believe we should all oblige!

Prayers for the families of the dead and injured in Colorado. Carry all the time. Everywhere. Don't have a permit? Get one. Don't know how to shoot a gun? Learn. If you absolutely have no idea how to do those things, send me a message or give me a call. I'll walk you through it. Cops are usually awesome people, but they simply can't be everywhere. We have to be able to protect ourselves and those we love.

That is a great sentiment from a Patriot and a member of law enforcement, and I totally agree, anyone that doesn't know how to do those things, send me a PM, and I'll walk you through it. Take the responsibility.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by freethinker123

"freethinker"

Do freethinkers really go about dictating what other people should be doing or thinking?

There is no gun problem in the United States. Our rate of violence is equal to or below most other countries (including those with MAJOR restrictions on gun ownership). The OP shows where the majority of gun massacres over the last 25 years occurred OUTSIDE THE US! Especially in places that have extreme gun control measures. Obviously restricting the guns doesn't solve the problem.

Even looking at the Colorado incident from last night. Only 1 guy out of more than a hundred had a gun. As soon as he encountered the armed police outside, he surrendered. Its just too bad he didn't encounter armed resistance sooner, so he could have surrendered or been neutralized sooner.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Good thread in total agreement, everyone targets america like its the sole perpetrator of these kinds of events....truth is they happen everywhere.

Maybe if they happened more often people could start looking to themselves instead of blaming others for something they were complicit to socially. If you don't know what I mean by that Im here all week...I can break it down for you..

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Great thread.

The old saying?

Guns dont kill people. People do.

S&F

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Emergingtruth

I hope it backfires and gun sales in Colorado skyrocket!

Yeah, so more guys like this one can go out and get a weapon to use on innocents?

You know when I hear the debate on guns in the US I see nobody coming up with any solutions, but it takes a huge stretch to think that to reduce mass gun killings the best solution is for more people to be armed.

Completely crazy upside down thinking
I guess the best way to tackle second hand smoke is to get everybody to smoke cigarettes....

Bad people will always be bad people. A leopard CANNOT change it's spots.

Do bad people follow laws? Do bad people care about laws?

No, they do not, is why they are bad people.

Now if bad people do not follow laws, and good people do follow laws... What happens when all the good people give up their guns?

The bad people have guns, and the good people are fodder / easy pickings.

Bad people will get guns no matter what..

No two ways about it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cygnis

Bad people will always be bad people. A leopard CANNOT change its spots.

Do bad people follow laws? Do bad people care about laws?

No, they do not, is why they are bad people.

Now if bad people do not follow laws, and good people do follow laws... What happens when all the good people give up their guns?

The bad people have guns, and the good people are fodder / easy pickings.

Bad people will get guns no matter what..

No two ways about it.

Well, while I wouldn't say I am a "bad person" I can vouch for the fact that getting a handgun illegally is pretty easy. I did it.

Because of the stupid gun laws in Maryland I felt the need to have a drop gun in case I ever had to reduce a threat inside my home. Apparently, in Maryland if someone comes into your home at night to steal your stuff but not to harm you (I have no idea how one is supposed to sort that out – does one ask or what…) you can’t use lethal force. Also, force is limited to the threat so a knife or club doesn’t justify an armed response on your part. So, stupid laws can actually make a law abiding person go rogue. Anyway, that’s why I didn't retire there.

So I asked around and within a week I was able to arrange to get a brand new (in the box) Keltec 9mm for under the price it sells in a gun store for 300.00 cash from a guy in Baltimore.

If an active duty soldier with no local connections can get an illegal within a week of asking...I'm sure anyone can.

They actually thought I was a cop at first - it was the haircut.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

My thoughts exactly

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Golf66

Not, I wouldn't say your a "bad person" either, tho. It does show the ease at which people with less-then honorable intentions can go do what a law-abiding citizen is not allowed to do.

I understand your intentions, and I understand the ignorance of the lawmakers as well.

I just would have to ask them one question:: So how am I, having been possibly asleep, to ascertain whether or not the person breaking into my home is just after my property, or suddenly going to switch his intentions and go after me and my attractive wife? Do you think they are going to be in the mood to answer questions, or take a survey upon entering my home?

LOL

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:07 PM
link   
You will note that these shooting did not happen in states that had good concealed weapons laws or happened in areas where concealed carry is banned in concealed carry states.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Anyone ever see Uwe Boll's movie Rampage? The way he was dressed and acted sounded just like the shooter

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANNED
You will note that these shooting did not happen in states that had good concealed weapons laws or happened in areas where concealed carry is banned in concealed carry states.

Hi Anned,

I live about 50 minutes from the current shooting. We have decent CCW laws here.

We are also allowed to open carry in pretty much 90% of the state. We cannot open-carry in Denver, and Castle Rock, CO. Of course no carry in Federal buildings, and on school properties.

The problem is the places that have "No guns allowed" laws.. Any business is able to post these.

More and more places are posting those signs, which "Technically" is supposed to mean no CC of them as well.

Where can I NOT carry with a valid Colorado concealed carry permit? 18-12-214. Authority granted by permit - carrying restrictions. (1) (a) A permit to carry a concealed handgun authorizes the permittee to carry a concealed handgun in all areas of the state, except (2) A permit issued does not authorize a person to carry a concealed handgun into a place where the carrying of firearms is prohibited by federal law. Tags: concealed carry
Source

I need to look into this more..

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:12 PM
link   
you people just dont seem to get it ... do you not read ? or are only capable of reading what's carefully written ?
it says 11 out of 16 aren't in the usa ... but those 11 are spread around the globe, its not 1 country vs the states, its the whole world vs the states (when we talk statistics) while 5 out of eleven are in the usa so overall, YES its most often seen in the usa.... learn to read.
so there is say .. 4 in australia.....3 in britain 4 in germany and that's your eleven...USA still takes the crown on this one ... not by much, but it does .... so yeah ... learn to understand what you're reading.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:27 PM
link   
Interesting article:

www.naturalnews.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by network dude
I feel that the whole video gaming craze has at least a tiny bit to do with all this. The value of a life has been diminished. I hate to sound like an old person ranting about how things were in my day, but damn, in my childhood, these things just didn't happen. Guns were still just as popular, but War was not an everyday occurring thing, and the most violence you dealt with was on cartoons. (come to think of it, The Road runner stuff was a bit violent)

Kids fought with fists and nobody had to die over stupid stuff. I guess I am just getting old.

Old...or wise?
edit on 7/20/2012 by ptiderman because: I forgot to include my reply.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:33 PM
link   
I will point out, as others no doubt have pointed out before me, that if there had been one armed and modestly trained citizen in that theater the killing would have been stopped much sooner.

Having a couple of armed citizens would have limited the killing. Not stopped it entirely, of course, but limited it to less than it was.

Did the theater have a "No Firearms" policy that kept firearms carried by law-abiding folks out while doing nothing about guns carried by nut cases? That seems to be the trend.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

THE colorado massecure was a disaster as all you must know but even in the eyes of defect the numbers was

still overr welmeming. people could have band together to stop the shooters but not american's are heroes like

our cop's, firemen and soldier's. we are all soldiers but untrained by military service's does that mean we arent

smart enough to take a stand? but this is understandible of people to fear death it's only normal ....
in order for freedom was to fight the odd's and win the odd's all that stand's in our way. but death is our greatest

fear's but only through death will find our true destiny...the fear's of our government are in progress as you can

tell the time is at hand terrisem spread's with pandora within every city of every state and country .first : zombie

attack in maimi florida . second: hackers of a unknown source on (7-9-2012) .. third: the shooting of the release

batman movie in colorado ...four: the people who built a bomb inside his house and no way for bomb squid to

defusee it. what next? could the end of time really be at hand ? iran and north korya have usable nukcular

weapons the wrong move will be the end of us all. i do not mean to scare but the theries of many are coming

together ....our government know's exactly what is going on with the happening's in america the stories are true

they hide all that they are from the public ....they know all this would happen to us ......the movies with shooting

thats not reality to those of you think a video game and movies is reality you better take another look again

.....volience is our weak point ..........((.note: i may have miss spelled somethings but that is not the

point....!.........)) next you will hear of a cop head quarters getting blown up and the president will issue a

lockdown to for a cause to relieve everyone of there guns or take everryone that has a criminal record in to be

thrown in jail... im only estimating what will happen NOT KNOWING..... crazy people live here in the united

states brothers and sisters we need to watch eachother's back's and protect the ones we love and fighting to

keep it safe for them even when the cops arent around to help .... we have proven over the years america isnt

weak we are stronge and we dont stop without a fight to defend ourselves even against odds ....ive learneed a

great deal about history and about our government the secrets are no longer hidden project AURORA is what

caused the disaster of japan ...wheen the water of the ocean rose and blew up the reacters of japan's coasst that

was known by our government but they knew not to say anything because it kept us out of war! the vice

president , is the founding leaderr of project (aurora) and its affects are to push the atmosphere furtheer out to

expland our length of distance of traveling into the air without so much force to push through...but nature has

changed and the poles are beganning to shift bits by bits that is thee reason for the tornadoes that distoried 15%

of our country and thats how come the governement put out money to help rebuild us for disaster relief victems

.... that is the affects of project aurora and the more this continues the more volient nature will become watch and

see this winter will be the one of the worst winter's we have had for decades now ....all of this was created

because of our goverrnemnt has no idea of reality but only dreams and what movies have created as fantasies

a mere fantasy even computer's what we are using right now have become the end of us.... they have every bit

of information about us and they own us as in our humanly body .....the posts that i have made can be seen by

everyone even people from all over this world not a one of us realize how many can see what we have wrote on

here .....but others dont care.... those of you who have read this please give me your openion of what you think

please no hatred or cussing...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Someone might have already told you, but Columbine was not stopped by someone rushing the attackers. Columbine was stopped when the attackers decided to kill themselves. No one stopped them.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join