It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

WAR ON TERROR: Anonymous hacks Middle Eastern bank

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

WAR ON TERROR: Anonymous hacks Middle Eastern bank

www.news.com.au

ANONYMOUS has officially declared a war on terror by holding hostage Middle Eastern bank accounts.

It is threatening to unleash "global internet destruction" unless the Dahabshiil bank in the Middle East admits to financing terrorist groups.

The hacking group has published thousands of bank account names and numbers and is threatening to destroy the bank's electronic systems if it does not publicly acknowledge that it has helped to support terrorist groups such as al-Qaeda and Al-Shabaab.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:09 AM
link   

The bank has been put on notice that it has two months to come forward or expect a "global internet destruction".

"If you want us to immediately stop this cyber-sabotage, it's quite easy," Anonymous wrote.

"We just ask you to stop lying, to recognize your help with Somalia terror, and to officially change your behavior.

"We need a public message from you, as a proof."

Finally Anonymous displays it's real motive...a war on terror. Declaring war on a bank which has allegedly supported terrorist organisations. First they were anti-Government and for the people, now they are declaring war against banks, and in turn, terrorist organisations.

I always stated that they were a front for the agencies...

www.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by daaskapital

I do not for a second believe that the majority of the Anon movement is in on this. Remember Anon is 100% anonymous.

So its easy for governments or rouge elements, to join up and do their own thing, in the name of Anon.

Now if they attacked a western back at the same time, then it would fit their agenda, but declearing war against a supposed supporter of terrorism, does not fit the Anon Modus Operandi.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Agencies doesnt need to make itself public. They could do this already if they wanted. They have billions of dollars financing their technology.

link   
if this is true then im convinced anon is a govenment agency

link   
So Anonymous has basically got no evidence that this bank is funding Al Qaeda or Al Shabab and is trying to make them say a statement which probably isn't true? Way to go Anonymous.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Anonymous is everyone and no one. They are legion because they are everyone. It's the greatest strength..and makes them a laughing stock at the same time.

This could have been some goober from a tech school in Bahrain, playing criminal games with new skills or it could have been a computer guru who works at the NSA in his real job. Who knows? That's the problem. Anonymous is no one.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:27 AM
link   
!!!!!

This thread is staring to make me very annoyed!!!!

Anonymous is not an agency, it is not a sign up club, it does not have a roster of member.

Anonymous is an idea, how has this flown by you all?

Anyone can make a video, and claim that its from Anon, any hacker can hack something and claim its Anon.

Anonymous has no GRAND scheme, as there is no leadership within it, what they do, is usually discussed in great lenghts on different forums, and then once the action is agreed upon, they try and execute it.

It is not a company, club, agency or anything of the sort, saying Anon declared war on Terrorism is like saying ATS declared war on the USA, makes no sense, and no one can speak for all the members of ATS.

Namaste.
edit on 20/7/12 by WiseThinker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:34 AM
link   

GEE Anonymous!!!

How very 'C.I.A' of you.

that confirms it for me.

Of all the targets you could choose in this world to sway opinion and make a difference to the global playing field.

Why not bring down every bank, in every tax haven where every corrupt govt official, businessman, drug dealer & criminal hide their dealings?
Maybe something to do with your masters.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker
!!!!!

This thread is staring to make me very annoyed!!!!

Anonymous is not an agency, it is not a sign up club, it does not have a roster of member.

Anonymous is an idea, how has this flown by you all?

Anyone can make a video, and claim that its from Anon, any hacker can hack something and claim its Anon.

Anonymous has no GRAND scheme, as there is no leadership within it, what they do, is usually discussed in great lenghts on different forums, and then once the action is agreed upon, they try and execute it.

It is not a company, club, agency or anything of the sort, saying Anon declared war on Terrorism is like saying ATS declared war on the USA, makes no sense, and no one can speak for all the members of ATS.

Namaste.

I personally do not care if this thread makes you annoyed.

Oh but Anonymous is a club with members, because otherwise, how could it exist at all? An idea can not be executed with out members willing to do such a thing. Therefore, Anonymous is a group.

Everything has a structure, and Anonymous needs one to thrive. It would be impossible to perform the acts of Anonymous without a reasonable structure in place.

It may not be an agency, but i believe it is used by agencies. For example, the FBI used a key member of Anonymous to capture and arrest other key hackers. They recruited him to set up and capture a lot of important hackers for the FBI...remember that?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Well, what's to stop the CIA from being Anonymous?
They have tried to be anonymous since their inception.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:47 AM
link   

Again you misunderstand,

Yes there are inside agents in the Anonymous movement (it is not a club ffs, no memberships, look into it please, before you start spitting ignorance), but that is exactly because of what it is, a movement, so it is easy to infiltrate.

And yes, there are key members of Anon, the ones with advanced hacking skills, however, i guarentee you, if there is a big DDOS attack, that it has been discussed at great length, with all who want to discuss it, and no 'Key member" will make hack or attack on behalf of the movement, as that would be counter productive.

What you are seeing here, is cointelpro, infiltration of the movement, and then radicalizing it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:01 AM
link   

reply to post by WiseThinker

While there are no official memberships, there are still members. Therefore...it can be considered a "club." The line is a blurry one at that.

Yes, it is only obvious that there would be many discussions before an attack would occur. It would be seriously retarded not to conduct such planning...

I agree with your last statement.

Mod Edit: Full quote of preceding post removed. Reply To function used. Please see ABOUT ATS: Warnings for excessive quoting, and how to quote. Thank you - Jak
edit on 20/7/12 by JAK because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by WiseThinker

So its easy for governments or rouge elements, to join up and do their own thing, in the name of Anon.

I know correcting typos on forums is generally looked down on but it does so amuse me when people spell rogue as rouge. I get images of little angry red people wearing too much blusher.

Oh yeah, and just to keep it OT anyone can claim to be Anonymous. Means nothing anymore.

One of it's strengths ironically made it that much easier to bring it down.
edit on 20-7-2012 by khimbar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:10 AM
link   
This really doesn't seem like anonymous style. I would gamble someone else behind this.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:13 AM
link   
Probably not even Anon whatever Anon is..
It is more a concept, a concept which can very easily be used by other entities.

I can see Anon being a major scapegoat in the coming years of cyber warfare.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by pel220
This really doesn't seem like anonymous style. I would gamble someone else behind this.

Like? I don't see anyone else who could have a motive behind attacking some obscure bank in the Middle East. I guarantee that it's probably one of those self glorifying hackers.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by daaskapital
[
..... First they were anti-Government and for the people, now they are declaring war against banks, and in turn, terrorist organisations.

Governments, banks, terrorists....., Is there a difference?

(sorry had to go there.)

-----

I have always been confused by the misunderstanding about the Anonymous phenomenon.

There is no reason to believe that people engaging in anonymous' activities are limited in any way.

Some members of the "infamous" Anonymous are certainly government, and corporate employees. Some are enthusiastic types who long to be part of actions they believe are just.

Of course anyone can take an action and claim it was anonymous, and we shouldn't forget that such a possibility may represent an opportunity for less-than-scrupulous activity... (one of my main objections to the movement)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   

I already knew that the Anonymous group is the CIA since long ago, I am still waiting the major dirt that they promised that they would release against the Major banks, i guess they lied.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by haven123
if this is true then im convinced anon is a govenment agency

This is what I thought of as well when reading that article. What benefit would ANON get from getting this type of information from the bank? I know the West would get something from it, not ANON..

Of course bank hacking is in their nature.

-SAP-.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join