It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The TSA searches are seriously going too far

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:37 AM
link   
Apparently it's now ok to grab someones genitals squeeze a few times and go on your own business as if nothing happened. This is SICK behavior to allow to continue. I'm not sure if this is just a cop or a TSA agent but either way enough is enough. Why are we taking this crap?

He squeezed more than twice. It had to be on purpose..
edit on 20-7-2012 by libertytoall because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I bet all the cops are having field days, grabbing genitals of men, women and children. But one question, why was he being searched on the streets and why was the policeman allowing himself to be filmed?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
just to say that while i'm not defending these search on the street thing that the cops of the world seem to be able to do, the bloke who was searched was wearing his trousers way to low, the cop could be a little dumb and didn't realize that he was hanging them so low and so when he grabbed the blokes junk he thought that it was something above the waist, the cop apologies and the guy accepted it with THAT'S OKAY.
again i agree that these powers are somewhat unfair and to be honest i do agree also that they are apparently used mainly against BLACK people, (i am white) but the guy may have just made a mistake, reading into it this much is a bit drastic.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:45 AM
link   
Geez! I might have grabbed it too, only because his pants were so low, how was the cop to know the guy's penis was that far above his waistband??

But, I do agree with you about the TSA. It seems like every day there are new reports of some sickening behavior.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:48 AM
link   
Its a form of power abuse.

Not all TSA agents will do this, just like not all Police abuse their power.

However, must be a power trip, to be able to man handle someone elses private areas, they feel absolute control.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:52 AM
link   
I'll get all the hate people can muster for saying this....but Cops aren't the TSA.

Specifically, I grew up hearing some fascinating stories about what people can manage to hide. In one specific example I recall, a cop my Father worked with was awfully lucky to keep his career and pension after a bad guy ...coughed up...(it wasn't from that end..precisely) a rather startling weapon because said cop was too squeamish to make a proper search. I have that knife today. He'd kept it for how very unique it is, not where it'd been particularly.

What people manage to smuggle and why cops are jerks about it

Don't click my link if you're eating breakfast....that's not a joke, it's a friendly disclaimer and warning.
Nothing inappropriate here...but lots of things on ATS aren't great while eating, like this.

Anyway.... TSA deal with 99.9% who have no bad intent and those who do?? Well.. Geeze.. How many years before 9/11 since anyone tried that? They overkill because they can and frankly, I think, many personally get off on it. Pervs...at least some of them.

COPS.. Well..... First thing they are going to do is put someone behind them on the way to screwing the person's future pretty badly. Starting at the Jail intake. I.E.... Someone in the back of that car is pissed off. Always is. Rarely any exception....so being REAL REAL SURE they are unarmed is important in a way TSA can never need to know.

Additionally......trying feeling a bag full of leaves through 2-3 layers of clothing as an experiment...that sure is part of what a field cop is looking for...and I'll assure everyone, it's FAR more difficult to feel that you may think. Maybe..the cop thought he felt a bag of contraband in a place bad guys LOVE to hide that very thing...and confirmed in a rather unpleasant way...if that was part of a bad guy body or separate contraband in the same spot. I'm sure the cop took no pleasure... lol

Just things to ponder for perspective. Now, I'll wait to get pummeled by the cop haters.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:55 AM
link   
i watched the video, and honestly, i didn't see anything wrong, the cop seemed like a nice guy and the guy getting checked for whatever reasons handled it really well.

the cop apologized, and everything is OK.

the TSA is much worse, but this guy is one of those good cops in my opinion.

it was just a misunderstanding, no big deal.

everyone is also saying "it wouldn't have happened if his pants were not like that"

well... sometimes.... well...

when you... have a big.... because your born that way, well sometimes its more comfortable to have it...

"up" in the pants, instead of down...

ahem...

sorry.

peace.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Great post, love the balance you bring to the thread.

Im sure, alot of cops, who search, do it because they have to, and follow the procedures taught to them them.

However, just as you have cops who abuse their authority for violence, them im sure there are also police abusing the ability to search people.

Its to bad, the few dirty cops, give all cops a bad name, and i agree there should be a better distinction between the TSA and police, especially on a forum like this.

Namaste.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by libertytoall

S&F! Clearly they are going too far and all of it was a way to sell Rapiscanners and erode away at our 4th amendment rights to be free of illegal searches and seizures. They can now search you without warrant. It is only a matter of time before another grounds for making an exception to our 4th amend protections is seen and taken advantage of.

We only really care about a few of our constitutional rights. With a short attention span we pretty much go to sleep again after the first and second amendments are guaranteed. If we can have those I guess we don't need the rest.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

I guess he had to inspect the package twice to believe it's size.
Probably never felt anything that big before.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
I can't view the video but I'm pretty sure I've seen this a while ago from what people describing. I agree with most on here that this was just a simple misunderstanding. I've always been a defender of the police/TSA but OP this is just dumb to post this to try and get a reaction out of it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:00 AM
link   

Wait. This guy keeps his penis in his shirt!? Why can't I do that? This way seems way more convenient.

new topics

top topics

join