It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HSSC2- Twins

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:09 PM
link   
My first attempt at horror, hope it works.

Twins

The wind rustled outside of Ann's window, causing the tree outside to scratch her windowpane. It was a dark night, cold too. It was always like this in New Folk, Vermont. It was either cold, colder, or coldest. It was lucky for the kids to have a nice day of sun. Ann had just turned 11 the day before and was cuddling with her new stuffed animals. Then she heard a tapping.

TAP TAP TAP TAP

Groggy eyed she got out of bed and went into the hall, clutching her favorite teddy bear, Mr.Snuffy. Her white nightgown swayed as she walked down the hall, wondering what the sound was. Enveloped in darkness now she became scarred and began to run back to her room. She screamed when she entered her room.

Standing there was a figure draped in a white night gown, and had the same deep brown hair that Ann had. Ann shrieked as it turned and faced it. It was an exact copy of her. The twin�s eyes were blank and began to creep towards Ann, who was stricken with terror. Out of its mouth came an insidious sound.

�My doppelganger�

Ann screamed louder now as the twin came within a few inches, the breath hot on Ann�s face. Her parents burst through the door at the sound of their child�s scream. When they came in Ann was in a fetal position, tears streaming down her face. Ann told them the story of the twin, and they told her it was just a bad dream. Ann had very little sleep that night, waking up at the slightest sound of a bug creeping across the hard wood floors of her parent�s room. She would later forget the terrifying ordeal.

10 years later.

Ann was eager to get away from her studies. She planned to spend the week of spring break with her boyfriend Jack Burns, a nice handsome senior at Middlesburg College. She was deeply in love with him; she even planned to wed him later after she graduated. She went inside of her new corvette and drove to his house.

Rain began to fall like the clouds had just lost a child and were grieving. She quickly put up the leather roof. The rain was now heavy and sounded like bombs bursting on a war torn battlefield. She was now on the highway when she heard something�

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP

She figured it was the rain but it got louder as the rain decreased.

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP

The noise began to drive her insane. She was now coming around the bend of a hill, and something in the road made her swerve and slam the breaks. A large black dog with fiery red eyes crossed. She wondered where the hell it came from, but her thoughts were interrupted as something cold touched her bare shoulder.

She froze in horror and turned around. Nothing. She looked up and saw a small tear in the leather roof and some water was leaking. She sighed and turned to the front. She screamed when she saw what was staring at her.

On the hood, was the twin from ten years ago. It was on all fours on the hood staring deeply into the car, the eyes black like she had not slept in ages and her hair frizzy and unruly. Ann began to pant, and sweat dripped across her brow. The twin�s mouth moved and the words from ten years past came out.

�My Doppelganger�

Stricken with terror Ann dived out of the car, and slipped on the wet highway. She bolted ahead; running as fast as her slender legs could carry her. She saw a bright light and realized it was a truck. Ann waved her arms and motioned. The truck came to a screeching halt and she jumped into the passenger side.

�Please help me, I�m so damn scared please help.� She sobbed. The trucker�s head swiveled over to Ann�s side, and terror once again fell upon her. The twin�s face was on the burly body of the trucker.

�My Doppelganger�

Ann began to punch the trucker and slap him, and the large arms grasped her shoulders.

�What the hell are you doing? You crazy or sumtin� the deep voice of the trucker said.

Ann was dumbfounded it was just her imagination. Ann calmed down and had the trucker drive her to Jack�s house. She cried with joy as she saw her lover. Jack was tall and had the hard body of an athlete. It was true since he was a football player and swimmer in the summer months.

They had a dinner of juicy and tender steak, red potatoes garnished with parsley, steamed onions and a bottle of expensive wine. Ann knew she was loved. Later after dinner, they began to make love on his leather sofa in front of the fireplace and worked their way to the bedroom. They shared a nice hot shower and slept cuddled throughout the night.

It was morning somewhere around 6 or 7 when Ann awoke. She was still reigning in ecstasy from the night of passion before. She rolled over to Jack�s side and felt nothing.

�Jack?� she yelled. She saw blood stained on the sheets. Tears began to well in her eyes and she got nervous and scared.

�Jack?� she yelled once more. She got up and followed the bloody trail in the bathroom.

She opened the door and Jack�s nude body was thrown in the toilet. Blood leaked through many gashes and wounds. He was still breathing slightly. She rushed to his side and grasped his hand.

He gurgled and blood leaked from his mouth. Weakly he said something.

�Why?� his last words took all of his strength and his eyes closed. Ann sobbed.

TAP TAP TAP TAP TAP.

Ann became tense. Slowly she turned and saw the twin. She was covered in blood and held a blood stained kitchen knife. The eyes were black once more, glazed with evil.

�You bitch, why why?� Ann cried. She backed up against the wall, opened the medical cabinet and threw bottles of pills at her. The twin approached and whispered into Ann�s ear.

�My Doppelganger�.

Ann slumped down and cried as the twin raised the knife and brought it down hard. The twin smiled an evil one and fell down the deed was done.

10 years earlier

The wind rustled outside of Ann's window, causing the tree outside to scratch her windowpane. It was a dark night, cold too. It was always like this in New Folk, Vermont. It was either cold, colder, or coldest. It was lucky for the kids to have a nice day of sun. Ann had just turned 11 the day before and was cuddling with her new stuffed animals. Then she heard a tapping.

TAP TAP TAP TAP

Groggy eyed she got out of bed and went into the hall, clutching her favorite teddy bear, Mr.Snuffy. Her white nightgown swayed as she walked down the hall, wondering what the sound was. She saw her mother rapping on the bathroom door.

�Bill get the hell out I have to get in there.�

Ann smirked and went back to her room.

Back in the hall the bathroom door crept opened.

�Thank God, Bill� Ann�s mother, Susan, said tiredly. When she looked up, the color drained from her face. Her husband Bill was laying face down in a puddle of blood. Standing over it was a figure who looked just like Susan. The face of the figure and Susan met face, to face. It smiled and said�.

�My Doppelganger�

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Holy, cow, that was GOOOD!

It was spooky, and....whoo!

I liked that one alot, man. Keep up the good work.

posted on Oct, 8 2004 @ 04:18 PM
link   
Thanks it was fmy first attempt at horror, gave me some chills typing it
. I had two endings in mind but the first one did'nt have much of a twist.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 02:51 PM
link   
first attempt maybe but probably not your last.....that was an excellent bit of horror. quite riveting and scary

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 03:00 PM
link   
That was scary. Great story write more.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 10:40 PM
link   
Thank you all. After the contest is over I'm going to add some more horror.

posted on Oct, 13 2004 @ 11:09 PM
link   
JediMaster, I actually got chill bumps reading your story. Dude, for a first time, Excellant!

posted on Oct, 30 2004 @ 05:45 PM
link   
Thanks I'm working on a few other horror ideas that should be finished in a few weeks. The on I'm working on now is a longer one.

top topics

join