It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Admits Ann Romney did NOT say 'you people'. But Obama DID!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:23 PM
link   
I guess we have a real conspiracy here. Oxantium Ventures a CIA run off of InQtel Investments is now using there new tech to attack Romneys wife. I thought this new tech would be used on Syria or Iran. But I guess you have to use it at home first to work the bugs out. Like they did with the Tea Party and the Koch Brothers using sock puppets to over throw a government. Then after testing the Arab Springs.

www.oxantium.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
reply to post by neo96

Where did you get that from?
How is "The left" even involved?
All I see is the righties tripping over themselves to defend and obscure this thing away.
No one on the left seemed to give a crap from where I am standing.
If you have anything to show me the demonstrates otherwise, please do.

It is so funny all the people calling each other lefties...nuts..righties..blah blah. If anyone had a brain they would realize the whole political "arena" Game is to make average people play ball.

There is seldom a person who could be all the way on all issues on label or another even the label of Democrat and Republican. I refuse to take part or be labeled, it is like a kids game with huge consequences and develops all kinds of ridiculousness hate.

Why won't everyone join me be just an American...no other label and despise all politicians!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:40 PM
link   
Ahh, people never change. We all have sides don't we? This site serves this purpose so well! There will forever be debates over who is right and who must be wrong. This topic is EXACTLY what the media wants us to debate...and this is only the beginning of election 2012 ad nauseam!

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by KireDj

I knew people would get on here and say 'i heard this' or 'I heard that'. The original sources say that she did not say it. But there is clear evidence that Obama DID. As i said .. it was an innocent phrase to use in that context and never should have even had a thread started about it. But where is all the supposed outrage from yesterday?

One ATSer called for commercials featuring Ann Romney saying 'you people'.
So where are the calls for Romney to put out commercials with Obama saying 'you people'??

One ATSer called Ann Romney an elitist b**** for supposedly saying 'you people'.
So why isn't Obama an elitist b****** for REALLY saying 'you people'??

If it was so horrid that Ann Romney allegedly said it .. why isn't it horrid that Obama ACTUALLY said it??

The reaction to any word may be, in an individual, either a mob-reaction or an individual reaction. It is up to the individual to ask himself: Is my reaction individual, or am I merely reacting from my mob-self? When it comes to the so-called obscene words, I should say that hardly one person in a million escapes mob-reaction. ~D.H. Lawrence

Ahh, people never change. We all have sides don't we? This site serves this purpose so well! There will forever be debates over who is right and who must be wrong. This topic is EXACTLY what the media wants us to debate...and this is only the beginning of election 2012 ad nauseam!

]
edit on 20-7-2012 by elrem48 because: posted same line twice!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:44 PM
link   
I couldn't get past the first two pages of the other thread because the comments made me so disheartened. The same usual faces avatars showed up to either bash their 'foe' or defend their 'team.' While you know if it were reversed, the exact opposite would happen.

The usual suspects who support Obama were all over the other thread jumping with outrage at the alleged phrase while the usual Romney supports were there to defend it. Now the shoe has been switched with there being a case Romney may not have said it but Obama did.

Who knows, who cares. This is such a non issue either way regardless who said it. However, the hypocrisy in our behavior should give everyone thought for pause. You didn't jump on the bandwagon because you thought it was a truly bad thing to say and if your guy had said it, you'd be defending it. And vice versa.

Hope this served as an eye opener. We have GOT to stop this nonsense of arguing over 'our guy' instead of WHAT'S RIGHT.

Nice find, FlyersFan.

(Disclaimer: I will write in Mickey Mouse before I vote for either Romney or Obama. Get your heads out of your behinds, people. YOU are the ones ruining my country. Yes, YOU. You know who you are.).

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:49 PM
link   
reply to post by EvilSadamClone

Oh boy, the lengths liberals will go to to make a mountain of a mole hill to sell their bigotry.

Sad but true.

Oh boy, the lengths the right will go to to make a mole hill out of a mountain to hide their bigotry, sad but true.
(I don't mean this, just wanted you to feel the same reaction)

See how that works, the generalizing and such?
Blah!
edit on 20-7-2012 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by AshleyD
Hope this served as an eye opener.

Exactly!

It's strangely silent on this thread. Most of those screaming faux-indignation at on the other thread at the ALLEGED use of this term by Ann Romney, haven't had any indignation on this thread over Obama saying it. Wonder if they will admit to themselves that it was never an issue when Ann Romney was alleged to have said it just as it isn't an issue that Obama actually really said it.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Disclaimer: I will write in Mickey Mouse before I vote for either Romney or Obama. Get your heads out of your behinds, people. YOU are the ones ruining my country. Yes, YOU. You know who you are.).

Oh my goodness! I am you and you are me! Exactly WHAT I tell anyone who asks who I'll vote for in the upcoming election. Yesss...Mickey Mouse!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:02 PM
link   
I had never heard the clip. Only read it.

Clearly a case of nothing. This was absolutely nothing against any class of people at all.

I definitely still do believe the use of "you people" is very rude and can be down right offensive, but this for sure is not one of them.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by olaru12
I've only been called "you people" by conservatives and I don't like it.

'You people' 'Ya'll' 'You Guys'
It all means the same thing. Different people using different phrases.
ALL DIFFERENT KINDS of people use them. Not just one demographic.

Oh please..... you know the difference between segregating people with the phrase "You people" it's meant as an insult and you know it.

"Ya'll and You Guys" have a completely different connotation and you know that as well.

I don't care who does it...liberals or conservatives..."You People" is insulting to the person it's directed at.

Many times there is a racial connotation, class distinction, religious reference and a political meaning, as used here on ATS all to frequently. Ann Romney almost caught her self saying it but failed and it sounded crass and elitist. I'm thinking you must have used the "you people" phrase in the past and now are trying to gloss over it and minimize how it makes those you disagree with feel.

www.youtube.com...
&feature=player_embedded

I'm not voting for Obama but against Romney because he tied a dog to the top of a car for a 12 hr trip. I'm a Republican btw and an animal lover.

www.nytimes.com...

Character counts!! And anyone that would vote for someone that cruel shows no character either; only unthinking partisanship. And like AshleyD said....You know who you are!!!

edit on 20-7-2012 by olaru12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by olaru12

Do not care every day for the last 3 years the left calls anyone who disagrees with them a "racist" or a bigot or a xenophobe.

The left do not know what an insult is they can say whatever the hell that want to and turn around and cry about "you people".

What nonsense.

Who on the left called you a racist?
Everyone?
Who on the left is upset over "you people?"
Everyone?
Come back to reality and answer these for me.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
All I see is the righties tripping over themselves to defend and obscure this thing away.

Then you need a pair of glasses because your eyesight sucks.

No one on the left seemed to give a crap from where I am standing.

:shk:
This poster started a whole thread on it .. when the poster thought it was Ann Romney saying 'you people'. And then this poster got all full of rhetoric about peasants and such ...
and then this one couldn't stand the fact that I posted 'you people' is no big deal ... and then this one made the comments about commoners
and then here BH says that Ann Romney saying it should be used in an ad ... and here we have a poster calling Ann Romney an Elitist B**** because she said 'you people'. ... and here we have someone who just won't let go and admit that Ann Romney didn't say 'you people', even though the source says she didn't, and so on and so on and so on ...

Half a dozen posters on ATS is now "THE LEFT?"
Please explain how I missed that happening.
Hmmmm...who seems like they are making a bigger deal? 6 strangers online or ABC NEWS!
You cannot even pretend to believe your own crap, can you?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   
She said...."All you people"

There is no argument....

By all you people I take it to mean she is talking about interrogative newspersons, and by extension
ALL the American people.

AND SHE IS WRONG....WE people need to know about out potential presidential candidates....

We may not have a "right to know"....but if you are not open and honest....

......YOU DON'T NEED TO BE RUNNING FOR PRESIDENT

Go hide in a hole or go buy an island.....I don't want secretive candidates, I've got enough problems
with secretive incumbents
edit on 20-7-2012 by rival because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Blackmarketeer

The only person I ever saw get mad about "you people" was the migdet in me myself and irene

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:38 PM
link   
She said, "you people". There is my vote and yeah, it's based on watching her lips move. This is low...trying to convince people that their senses are wrong.

Not going to argue this as it's clear...just ridiculous. He's obviously extremely wealthy because of who he is affiliated and what they are doing. Why people don't see it is baffling...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:09 PM
link   
The original video from ABC sure sound like she says it. She said it. It's really obvious.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:20 PM
link   

... and here we have someone who just won't let go and admit that Ann Romney didn't say 'you people', even though the source says she didn't, and so on and so on and so on ...

Christ dude if there is anybody that will not let go it is you. I trust my own senses, you on the other seem to ignore your own senses and will believe ABC just because they said so. I doubt you are going to change anyone's mind...people trust what they heard and saw....but go right ahead and keep beating that dead horse.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Who believes what the MSM says when you can clearly SEE her lips move into the you motion and HEAR it?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:04 PM
link   
Does it matter? Oh the horror! She may have addressed propagandists, I mean reporters as "you people"!

Seriously, I dislike mittens as much as the next guy here, but this is retarded nitpicking. Find some real issues to bash them on, I assure you there are many valid ones.......

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:08 PM
link   
What do you mean"you people"?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TKDRL

Lol, her saying "you people" wasn't a big deal.

But the OP and everyone else who declaring that she didn't say it just because ABC said she didn't is the most ridiculous thing I've seen on ATS. You can see her lips move and hear her say it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join