It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ABC Admits Ann Romney did NOT say 'you people'. But Obama DID!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:06 AM
link   
ABC Admits - Romney didn't say 'you people'

Was it – “And we’ve given all people need to know and understand about our financial situation and about how — you know, how we live our life.”

Or was it – “And we’ve given all you people need to know and understand about our financial situation and about how — you know, how we live our life.”

Our ruling after reviewing the original audio is that she did not include the “you.”

ABC Says - No, Ann Romney did NOT say 'you people'

New York Magazine - We Don't Think Ann Romney Said - 'you people'

Text of Obama Speech

It shouldn’t be a Democrat/Republican issue,” Obama said. “America is not just about you people doing well. America is about everybody doing well.”

So it looks like all the supposed indigation posted against the Romneys recently on this ATS thread , which was started by Jaellma, should now be transferred to Obama. Afterall ... that thread was WRONG. Ann Romney never said 'you people', even ABC admits it.

And yet Obama DID say it. So are all you folks who were calling Ann Romney names ... are you ready to switch over and start the same rhetoric against Obama now? Or is it okay because it's Obama who said 'you people' and not Romney?

Side note .. as I said before ... 'you people' is just an expression .. a way that people talk .. it's no different than someone saying 'ya'll (you all). All the faux-indignation against Ann Romney ...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:13 AM
link   
I'm sorry, but watch that video of Ann again, turn it up, rewind it a few times. I'm clearly hearing a "you" then people.

But maybe I have hearing problems...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:15 AM
link   
You can't now call out Obama for that because he holds the best, most used card in the PC Deck. Sad but true. It's considered "the right thing to do" to call out Romney's other half for saying it...It will be considered "racist" to call Obama out on it.

You will more than likely be flamed for not calling out Bush for something equally as ignorant a few years ago as well. It's a lose/lose situation.
edit on 7/20/2012 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

ABC, which is where all this started, said that Ann Romney did NOT say 'you people'.
The source itself said it didn't happen. Others with technical expertise better than ours
on an internet have reviewed it and said it didn't happen.

A pile of people got all indignant because they thought Ann Romney used a COMMON TERM
that is used ... 'you people'. It's no different than saying 'ya'll'. Even if she had said it (which she didn't)
IT WOULDN"T MATTER.

Now it turns out that Ann Romney did NOT say it ... but guess what .. OBAMA DID.

So are all those people who got down on Ann Romney for supposedly saying a COMMON TERM
now going to get all over Obama for using it? People were calling her elitist .. calling her the 'B' word,
... and one ATS member even called for political commercials to be made featuring Ann Romney
supposedly saying 'you people'.

It was ABSURD.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:28 AM
link   
It doesn't change the fact he won't release anything than what he already has.

If he wants to be President the least he can do for the people he wants to represent is to give us access to this information. Plain and simple.

I find the whole ordeal funny. Is it going to hurt his image in some way by releasing them? He should have nothing to worry about if everything is laid out for all to see.

We can't even get these records, yet we are supposed to give this man one of the top positions in this country and the power to sign executive orders...

It has been blown out of proportion, and the simple action of releasing the documents could end all of this in less than an hour.

If it takes this much effort to not release something, how much effort will be applied to his position in the White House?

edit on 20-7-2012 by cconn487 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by cconn487
It doesn't change the fact he won't release anything than what he already has.

Separate (but legitimate) issue. BTW ... Only POTUS' from Carter onward have released info.
And none of them released 10 years of tax information.
The call by some to do that, and the whining because it isn't happening, is absolutely absurd.

THIS issue ... people made a big stink about Ann Romney supposedly saying 'you people'. It's a common term and when used as she supposedly did, it was harmless. They wallowed in calling her names. Turns out she never said it.

Also turns out that Obama did. He used it in the same harmless manner that Ann Romney supposedly used it (but didn't). So Obama REALLY used it and gets a free pass from the left .. but Ann Romney, who didn't really use it, gets dumped on.
edit on 7/20/2012 by FlyersFan because: fixed quote

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   
Making it official...

Politics, and the mainstream news coverage of it is now entirely based on pre-schooler tactics.

Soon, the "I know you are but what am I?" campaign bumper stickers will be all the rage, an amazing marketing opportunity since it is equally viable for both sides.

Funny, if it wasn't true, which makes it just sad. Well, maybe more pathetic that sad.

the Billmeister

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Try again. Youtube has a nice little feature now called interactive transcript. Watch the Romney video again and play the part at 33 seconds a few times and listen to it the word you has been bleeped out. Because if you watch her lips the movement doesn't match to what she is saying.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

I knew people would come on and argue ...

ABC news .. the ones who did the original tape .. they say it didn't happen.
But there is direct information that Obama DID say it.
So ... since Obama is the one that said it .. is he just as bad as Ann Romney supposedly was?

** Note .. as I said .. NO ONE is bad for saying it. When in the context Obama used or that
Ann Romney was accused of ... it's just a common phrase and it means NOTHING.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Ann did say "YOU." Just watch the video & listen. But who cares. Willard still needs to supply his tax returns to "WE" the people.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:22 AM
link   
reply to post by KireDj

I knew people would get on here and say 'i heard this' or 'I heard that'. The original sources say that she did not say it. But there is clear evidence that Obama DID. As i said .. it was an innocent phrase to use in that context and never should have even had a thread started about it. But where is all the supposed outrage from yesterday?

One ATSer called for commercials featuring Ann Romney saying 'you people'.
So where are the calls for Romney to put out commercials with Obama saying 'you people'??

One ATSer called Ann Romney an elitist b**** for supposedly saying 'you people'.
So why isn't Obama an elitist b****** for REALLY saying 'you people'??

If it was so horrid that Ann Romney allegedly said it .. why isn't it horrid that Obama ACTUALLY said it??

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by cconn487

Where have you been living the past 4 years. Obama literally withheld a ton of 'vital' information, that we the people asked him to release. He refused, still became President, but now theres a need to see Romney's record, even thought the current POTUS didnt have to produce documentation.

Is it just me or does anyone else find this hysterically funny.

Left wing>>>>>>hey Romney show us your tax returns so we can see how much money you make, to ensure you are on the up-and-up and are eligible to be president

Right wing>>>>>>hey Obama show us your transcripts and birth certificate so we can make sure you are first LEGAL to be president, and if you have the smarts to run this country.

Hmmmmm....methinks we shouldve been worrying about finding a candidate that actually wants to fix this country, not incite pissing contests between the supporters of both sides.

Who cares if Obama made all C's and is from Kenya, hes still ruining this country, and who really cares about exactly how much Willard made last year, he's effing rich, and will also help to destroy this country.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

WTF??????

FF, it is like your name has become synonymous with made up crap here.
I have seen it 5 times now and yeah, she sure as hell does say "YOU PEOPLE."

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
reply to post by QUANTUMGR4V17Y

ABC, which is where all this started, said that Ann Romney did NOT say 'you people'.
The source itself said it didn't happen. Others with technical expertise better than ours
on an internet have reviewed it and said it didn't happen.

A pile of people got all indignant because they thought Ann Romney used a COMMON TERM
that is used ... 'you people'. It's no different than saying 'ya'll'. Even if she had said it (which she didn't)
IT WOULDN"T MATTER.

It matters so little that ABC had experts look into it? People across the web teamed up to confirm it? Just because it does not matter anyway? Now you wrote a thread about it because, you know, it doesn't even matter.

Have you seen the interview?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
FF, it is like your name has become synonymous with made up crap here.
I have seen it 5 times now and yeah, she sure as hell does say "YOU PEOPLE."

You poor thing ... you resort to lies about me time and time again ....
Obviously I didn't make anything up. Read the damn links.
ABC .. the source itself .. says she didn't say it. Obama is the one that actually said it.

Get over yourself.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by habitforming
Now you wrote a thread about it because, you know, it doesn't even matter.

It doesn't matter to me that those phrases may or may not have been used .. but obviously it matters to the far left nutters. I made this thread because it contains facts that directly discredit yesterdays thread and because I enjoy watching you people eat crow. How's it taste?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:19 AM
link   
The video I saw clearly has her saying you people.

Mashable still has it. you people video

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:22 AM
link   
It's condescending.

When someone says "you people", they're essentially proclaiming that they themselves cannot be associated with who they're referring to. It implies inferiority.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I enjoy watching you people eat crow.

Did you do that on purpose?

Anyway, I don't care what she said. If she said "you people", she probably meant the media. It sounds to me like she said "you people", but I don't hold it against her any more than I do against you.

I do think it's a bit of a "gaffe" and it's only natural that the opposition is going to soak it up for all it's worth, just as the Romney camp is doing with things Obama and his wife have said. It's politics, people! It's the stupid, unimportant, ugly underbelly of campaign politics. Dontcha just love it?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Benevolent Heretic

I enjoy watching you people eat crow.

Did you do that on purpose?

DEFINATELY
Gotta' have some fun.

Originally posted by spinalremain
It's condescending.

I don't like it ... but it really is just a way that people talk. My mother in law used to use it all the time when she was alive. It's just the way people of that time period and in that part of the country spoke. Just as people from the deep south say 'ya'll' when talking ...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join