It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Great Pyramid Was Built and How It Was Used.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I am sorry, this idea is silly. The stones were moved with wooden cradles. 4 on each stone. They only needed 3 men to roll one. It is incredibly simple. They used ropes to move them when ramps became impractical. There is no mystery here at all. I moved a thousand pound stone from the creek in my back yard to my front yard using rollers and ropes by myself. It took a day.

There is no mystery here. Please stop with the silly water pump stuff. It makes no logical sense. The effort to build it would be more than the effort required to carry water in pots to a destination. This whole thing is stupid.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stonesplitter
It's an interesting theory for sure. I assume there would be evidence of these barges being lowered down the edge of the Pyramids by way of drag marks though, seeing as sandstone/limestone is quite soft. Repetitive lowering of heavy barges in one spot per level would make a mess of the edge of the Pyramid, basically cutting a trench.

How were the internal chambers made? Building anything in solid layers, and then removing massive internal stone pieces in order to create rooms is not practical nor feasible. I also can't comprehend building them as dams either, just doesn't seem right. He doesn't explain this very well.........but he IS trying to sell two books!

Your comments are indicative of the fact that you have not read the material and neither have you viewed any of the videos. All of your concerns are fully explained if only you would just take the time to view the material. The same can be said for so many others here.

Actually I am rather surprised and somewhat disappointed in many of the ill informed responses here. I expected more from ATS. In some ways I regret even having posted this material.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

Actually I did. His explanations are invalid, so is his theory. Have a look at the inner design of the Great Pyramid. By the way, harmonic/acoustic levitation is real, so take a breath before jumping around claiming BS.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:59 AM
link   

So the Purpose of the Pyramids was to pump water ..........

and if I want to know more I can buy his book .... that figures .

I'll agree that water played a key role in how some of the pyramids were used ..

But you had All Better get out your ancient texts and READ them ... read them all .

This theory so far and I have read and watched the first video is BS .

Thanks for posting it though .

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Stonesplitter

Actually I did. His explanations are invalid, so is his theory. Have a look at the inner design of the Great Pyramid. By the way, harmonic/acoustic levitation is real, so take a breath before jumping around claiming BS.

No you didn't - there wasn't enough time between my posting and yours to be able to truthfully make that claim.................either your exaggerating or your are lying - which is it?

As for "harmonic levitation" of large boulders or granite (coral) blocks ,and/or stones as having been a proven scientific fact...........PROVE IT to us here - I say unequivocally - YOU ARE ABSOLUTELY WRONG

Its merely a New Age(y) presumption - a wild one at that, and its found all over the internet with NEVER a scintilla of evidence or proof.........ESPECIALLY NOT not from those Tibetan chanters with their long horns either. You know - the ones who supposedly levitated large boulders up on the side of a mountain top and into a cave situated there - all stories such as these are just made up ............I have read all of the nonsense on it BTW - its a quaint and quite feminine idea but rather laughable on its face.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:05 AM
link   

So your telling me 1 hour and 40 minutes wasn't enough time for me to watch 12 vids, some around 5 mins the others at 9 mins?? You've obviously got your panties in a twist. Little man, I'll leave you in the dust.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:08 AM
link   

And So On...

Your Ignorance is showing through when you post things like you have above.

You are disagreeing with every single person who is refuting your theory. I wonder why? I'm not sure how old you are but doing this on ATS isn't the best way to have your theories heard. Especially when there are financial motives behind it for authors.

You should be receptive to posters. If they site something that you disagree with, back it up with claims that it doesn't exist when it actually does...as my links above illustrate.

Good Luck In Your ATS Endeavors!!!
edit on 20/7/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:24 AM
link   
jrmcleod

LINK # 1 refers the reader to "Acoustic levitation could be used on Mars" ?????????/

Preposterous!!! are you in your right mind?

One of the links (#4) you posted shows a floating ant............what a laugh.

Remember here we are talking about the alleged levitation of 70 to 90 ton granite blocks - GET REAL and please refrain from HIJACKING THIS THREAD.....
You are being intentionally disruptive and you are making no valid contribution to the thread..........

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:46 AM
link   
When building a well, the old people piled rocks around it and these rocks acted as a medium that filtered out and killed many bacteria. I have also read a research article that stated that aligning the rocks so that their polarity is right can bring the water up at that point. They developed a polarized metal that could draw water up and make it not necessary to pump water to the surface, it becomes artesian. Some scientific research has gone a long way in creating useful and environmentally friendly things for man. Trouble is that this kind of research gets one tenth of the funding as the science studying things that aren't necessary for our survival here on earth does. This research then becomes an ecological nightmare for the environment because of this reason. Do our Economies always have to be growing?

I have always felt that the pyramids may have had something to do with agriculture which was very important at that time. I think it altered weather in the area also. It's polarized design could bring water out of the earth also especially if the alignment of the sun was right.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:01 PM
link   

Who the hell cares about the Cairo University's Archeology Department ??? .........Your assumptions are based on faulty OUTDATED and sometimes false information. Please take the time to go through the material before commenting. Thank you..

what makes you a expert, do you hold a phd in archaeology. i think that the cairo university's archaeology department holds a little bit more creditability than you, or maybe some crack pot who thinks that they built some kind of lock system to float blocks up hill. water likes to flow down or out, not up.

you do understand what is involved in moving water through a pump system. there's no way that they had the skills or equipment to pump the millions of gallons of water needed and handle the pressures the water would create.

admittedly i just skimmed through the videos, and i'm not a engineer of any kind. i do however understand the basic principles of some of the engineering and transportation involved, having had worked in some of the fields, that would have been used.

the one thing that sticks in my mind, and i have yet to find exact weights, and measurements, is how much water it would take to float a barge weighing x number of pounds in order to support a block weighing 25 to 80 tons, i think that is the est. for the granite stone in the kings chamber. so i think the displacement that would be involved would be greater than what, a waist deep pond could provide.

and all through the videos they kept on saying that the animation, for simplicity of explanation. i never saw any real details in any of the video's. i guess i have to buy one of his books for that, and then i bet he wants you to buy another one to explain the first book.

in my experiences knowledge is free when it come to this sort of thing and if people are trying to sell it to you it's not about science.

edit on 20-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 12:15 PM
link   
YOU told me "how it was built", but not how it was used! I feel led on, cheated, used, and abused... If its in the video you still need to summarize all the information in a video when you post one here as not all members can view videos or they can but its very inconvenient. It doesn't matter which group I fall into, ok? It's not the point. You need to be considerate of ALL the members and follow through on the promises hinted at in the title of your thread...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:23 PM
link   
Your theory is all well and good but jrmcleod makes a good point and if you cannot answer and explain the questions he poses then I would think your theory is not credible.

1. How is the water "pumped" to the higher levels? When the pond is filled and casing stones placed, they then begin filling in said level with "interior" stones. This create the level. How then do the get the water up to the next level to repeat the process?

2. How did they build the chambers inside the pyramid with water on the level?

3. The locks depicted show that there must have been a rise in each lock, how did they get the water into the locks and how did they build gates strong enough to hold the pressure?

4. Why is there no evidence of this method?

5. Why is there no written account of it anywhere?

6. The time consumed to just transport water would have meant they needed to place more than 1 every 2 minutes.

Plus I noticed you get very agitated and threatened when someone mentions Leedskalnin or Tesla, could the reason for that be that L and T's work would be more correct. And that your just mad cause after all this work you did, someone shoots you down in a few minutes. Sorry but thats history and science for ya, correct one day and wrong the next, new stuff is always been explored and theories changed or disproven.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   

hounddoghowlie
what makes you a expert, do you hold a phd in archaeology. i think that the cairo university's archaeology department holds a little bit more creditability than you, or maybe some crack pot who thinks that they built some kind of lock system to float blocks up hill. water likes to flow down or out, not up. you do understand what is involved in moving water through a pump system. there's no way that they had the skills or equipment to pump the millions of gallons of water needed and handle the pressures the water would create.
admittedly i just skimmed through the videos, and i'm not a engineer of any kind. i do however understand the basic principles of some of the engineering and transportation involved, having had worked in some of the fields, that would have been used.

I am NOT the author of the Pump theory folks - I am merely defending it as very plausable.

hounddoghowlie
Canal lock systems operate by floating vessels steadily UPWARDS. I know that seems strange to you but that's because you don't have the proper tools with which to comprehend such things.

In the Pump theory the blocks were floated UPWARDS on rafts through a system of locks in a canal built for that purpose.

The author made it very simple to understand - that's why he gave you the videos.

Please recall that you are the one who accused me of not knowing what I am talkin about - but you are dead wrong in your misguided criticIsm - besides that - ITS NOT MY THEORY!!!

Now don't feel offended in your ignorance of such things - even tough you might sound stupid I will grant that you might not be. But please - do your research before commenting on things you kow nothing about. Don't feel bad in your ignorance though because you're not alone here in this thread.

I am poviding you with an animation video - watch the vessel as it moves UPWARDS in its journey rough the locks.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Sorry but I don't understand after watching the video of the ship moving through the canal...so at the pyramid there were large canals of water in front of the barges with the giant stones? Or at the side? How did the water move up the pyramid with no natural source at its top? That's how it works in other places isn't it? Water at the top fills the bottom lock to rise the barge up. No water at the top then no movement. How did the Egyptians get the water to the top when water doesnt flow uphill?

www.caffnib.co.uk...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   

spare me the video's i know how canals work, having been through the erie canal. and you do know canals work both way's don't you, moving ships up and down. and they have pumps that move many thousands of gallons of water a minute. and as far as i know there was no system that could move that amount of water, found or even hinted at in egypt. if there was then i'm sure other crack pots and their defenders such as yourself would have jumped on it before him.

i couldn't help but notice that, neither you or the crack pot have or could explain how they pumped the water to and from the locks, and or how waist deep water could provide the displacement needed in order for them to floalt
the barges carring the loads that they would carry. granted i think it possible that waist deep water might allow for the displacment of a barge carring the smaller blocks saying the ones said to weigh as little as 2.5. tons.
i have to see if i could find a enginer and get them to figure it out.

and i don't feel bad, i just think it''s funny how you how you defend a theory that you your self say that is not your own, but you whole heartily attack others who shot wholes in or bring up what others have said.
if you need a hand in refreshing your memory, just check your responses to posts after your op.

and then there's the little snide comments you make as you try and act all supieor in your intelligence.
which i won't address because, in doing so i would fall into your little trap. and that's a game i will not play.

and for the record, i never accussed you of not knowing what you are talking about. i merely asked if you held a phd in archaeology, and stated that a universties archaeology department would have more creditly than someone who doesn't. after all your the one that said that their info was outdated and sometimes false.

nuff said i will not responsed to you again.

edit on 20-7-2012 by hounddoghowlie because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by hounddoghowlie
nuff said i will not responsed to you again

Thank God ....whew.........

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by markygee

Sorry but I don't understand after watching the video of the ship moving through the canal...so at the pyramid there were large canals of water in front of the barges with the giant stones? Or at the side? How did the water move up the pyramid with no natural source at its top? That's how it works in other places isn't it? Water at the top fills the bottom lock to rise the barge up. No water at the top then no movement. How did the Egyptians get the water to the top when water doesnt flow uphill?www.caffnib.co.uk...

Sorry sir but I will not babysit anyone here who doesn't have the where-with-all to either read the material - watch the videos - or just use plain old ordinary common sense.........I refuse to answer any more such questions - please do your own work and stop reying on others to answer your questons. I laid it all out for you - very clearly - in the first post in this thread. Go there - thank you........OP.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Not a bad theory but IMO i don't think that's how it was done, i have always leaned more towards the harmonics theory, seems more plausible to me. No need to attack me either just because i don't agree with this theory. Its just my opinion.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   
lets not mention the round bore holes or the saw marks on blocks sure looked like machine to me but herodotus does say in histories v2 i think about the great number of sea shells there and in the early part of last the 1900s sand clearing operations have changed the landscape they went on till the 30s university of cairo press for more details hreodotus does mention what was on the faces of the limestone before all vanished ?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 09:38 PM
link   
yeah

alien came trillions of light years and gave us this

notice how the angle changes halfway up

human trial and error built the pyramids

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join