It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Great Pyramid Was Built and How It Was Used.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:47 AM
link   
On Coast to Coast last night I listened to an interview with Steven Myers who was explaining how the Great Pyramid was constructed and how it was used in the overall scheme of Egyptian culture - as a sophisticated pumping system not just for irrigation but as a “prosperity machine” involving the entire Egyptian region/empire and its economy along with a host of other uses as well. This is a laudable theory and is worthy of our attention – for sure.

Personally, I had also believed that the Great Pyramid was constructed using water - I just didn't quite understand how the actually accomplished it - untill now.

How the Great Pyramid was Built and how it was used. www.thepump.org...

This page - www.thepump.org...
contains a detailed series of videos (also on youtube) explaining the entire process and the architectural design. Youtube page - www.youtube.com...

NTRODUCTORY Video 1 of a series: This is the first video of a series of videos which describe the construction process used to build the Great Pyramid using water locks, barges and canals. The sequence of stone placement and the importance of water in the construction process is highlighted. These videos were produced by the Pharaoh's Pump Foundation (www.thepump.org) featuring Steven Myers, author of: Lost Technologies of the Great Pyramid and the Great Pyramid prosperity machine.

How the Great Pyramid was Built and how it was used. Based on the research of the Pharaoh’s Pump Foundation the Great Pyramid was not built using a large ramp. The Great Pyramid was built in a very different manner!
The Original Builders used water locks from the Nile River up to the building site to bring stones on barges up to where the Great Pyramid was built. This system used by the Original Builders is simple but very sophisticated. The Great Pyramid was built level by level. The first layer of casing stones were set in place and bonded together. This created a wall of casing stones. This area was filled with water and the casing stones impounded a pond.
A water lock was built into the wall of casing stones. This allowed the rough cut interior stones on barges to travel through the water lock and into the pond impounded by the casing stones. Then the rough cut interior stones were moved off the barges and into the pond. When the pond is filled with the rough cut interior stones then that level of the Great Pyramid is completed!

The image above is a simple depiction of the wall around the building site as well as the first layer of casing stones. The first layer of casing stones impound a pond. Built into the wall of casing stones is a water lock system which allows stones on barges to travel from the water outside of the casing stones up to the higher pond impounded by the casing stones. In this manner the stones were moved up into the pond ompounded by the casing stones at the building site. When the first level of the Great Pyramid is completed an additional water lock is built into the next higher level of casing stones and the process continues.

The next step is to add additional water into the pond filling the area impounded by the second layer of casing stones.
By supplying additional water a pond is impounded by the second layer of casing stones. This creates a pond which was used during the construction of the second level of the Great Pyramid.
This systemic process continues level by level. A level is completed by setting in place the casing stones for that level then the interior stones for that level are sent in place. When a level is completed the the level above it is construction in the same manner. The Great Pyramid was built level by level all the way up to the apex. The Original Builders were geniuses! No massive ramp of greater volume than the Great Pyramid was used or needed to build the Great Pyramid.

The image above depicts the series of water locks as stones on barges are moved up to the pond where construction is taking place. In very simple terms each level is completed by setting in place casing stones first and then interior stones. Then the next higher level is constructed as the Great Pyramid is systematically assembled.

The image above shows that the pond is never very deep. These workers are in the pond but are standing on the rough cut interior stones of the level below the pond. By adding additional water, the pond rises level by level as the construction processes towards the apex. The reason why water does not “leak” out between the rough cut interior stones is that the casing stones are watertight all the way down to the base of the Great Pyramid. There is water between the cracks of the rough cut interior stones all the way down to the base of the structure as well as water in the pond. This fascinating constrcution process is described in detail in the book by Steven Myers.
This is an extremely abbreviated explanation of the assembly process used to build the Great Pyramid. Our foundation has conducted extensive research which is detailed in the new book, Lost Technologies of the Great Pyramid by Steven Myers. This book describes in detail every step of the assembly process used to build the wonder we call the Great Pyramid.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Vitruvian because: edit

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 06:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Vitruvian

I thought the pyramids had been proven to be much older than any Egyptian civilization?

And didn't the Japanese prove they couldn't even build a 100ft tall pyramid using methods you have outlined?

And didn't the polished limestone cap that used to cover the pyramid have tolerances like 1/50th of an inch?
edit on 20-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Here is what the head of Cairo University's Archeology Department had to say about the construction of the pyramids:

The head of the Cairo University (Archeology Department), Prof. Dr. Alaa Shahein has stated in a conference (on ancient Egyptian science) that there might be truth in the theory that aliens helped the ancient Egyptians to build the oldest pyramids, the Pyramids of Giza (Gizeh). On being further questioned by Mr. Marek Novak, a delegate from Poland as to whether the pyramid might still contain alien technology or even an UFO within its structure, Dr. Shaheen, was vague and replied: "I can not confirm or deny this, but there is something inside the pyramid that is not of this world"

Here are some reasons why they don't think the Egyptians built it:

In the MODERN construction industry, the engineers consider acceptable a sinking rate of 15 cm in 100 years. In 5,000 years (after the official version, but many say that the pyramids are at least 5,000 years older than the official version) the Great Pyramid, weighing 6,350,000 tons (14 billion pounds) sunk ONLY 1,5 cm!

In the MODERN constructions (at a tall building) an extraordinary achievement is to keep each side of the building at a deviation of 15 cm (6 inches)! But the great Pyramid has a deviation of ONLY 0,75 cm (0,25 inches)! This is IMPOSSIBLE to replicate today with our entire modern technology!

The stone blocks are placed with a tolerance of 1,000- 2,000 of an inch, so precisely that a razor blade doesn't fit between them.

The construction of the Great Pyramid shows extraordinary astronomy knowledge. The constructors could measure the day, the year and could precisely determine the Equinox. They knew that Earth is a sphere and knew how to accurately calculate its Longitude and latitude.

For the rest of the article, on the true mysteries of the pyramid and not some whitewash that ascribes few or no mysteries to the pyramid, here it is:

humansarefree.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by PlanetXisHERE

I thought the pyramids had been proven to be much older than any Egyptian civilization?

And didn't the Japanese prove they couldn't even build a 100ft tall pyramid using methods you have outlined?

And didn't the polished limestone cap that used to cover the pyramid have tolerances like 1/50th of an inch?
edit on 20-7-2012 by PlanetXisHERE because: addition

Who the hell cares about the Cairo University's Archeology Department ??? .........Your assumptions are based on faulty OUTDATED and sometimes false information. Please take the time to go through the material before commenting. Thank you.......

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:12 AM
link   

No disrespect to your thread but this is one of the worst theories i have read on how they were built.

Your trying to say they moved stones ranging in size (some massive - over 100tonnes) up locks and placed one every 2 minutes working 24 hours a day for 20 years? Thats not including the fact that the Nile was not useable for 3 months of the year due to severe flooding.

There is only 1 logical explanation for how they were built IMO and that's harmonics. The monks harnessed it, Mayans, Incas, ancient Celts of Europe.

The sheer precise nature of the structure, IMO, illustrates that unless the stones are levitated, you cant position it with such accuracy. Can you imagine placing a 100 ton stone and moving it a fraction of an inch when its already placed?

I'm sorry but this theory is just as bad as the "they used a ramp" theory
edit on 20/7/12 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:17 AM
link   

True or not excellent thread.

SnF

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by jrmcleod

No disrespect to your thread but this is one of the worst theories i have read on how they were built

Whenever a comment begins like yours does I know immediately that the exact opposite is intended.....I'll say the same to you as to the other one who has not even bothered go through the material before commenting.....READ THE MATERIAL FIRST

BTW - stones being lifted by means of "harmonics" is nothing more than "New Age" physics........unproven and most likely false - as in Voodoo science....
The theories proposed in this thread are scientifically demonstrable and repeatable. Hence they meet the criteria for sound archeological study and scientific research. "Harmonics" is UNPROVABLE - hence scientifically unsound.

Vitruvian........Who the hell cares about your faulty opinions ??? .........Your assumptions are based on faulty OUTDATED and sometimes false information. Please take the time to go through the material before commenting. Thank you......

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitruvian

No disrespect to your thread but this is one of the worst theories i have read on how they were built

Whenever a comment begins like yours does I know immediately that the exact opposite is intended.....I'll say the same to you as to the other one who has not even bothered go through the material before commenting.....READ THE MATERIAL FIRST
BTW - stones lifted by means of "harmonics" in nothing more than "New Age" physics........unproven and most likely false - as in Voodoo science....

Vitruvian........Who the hell cares about your faulty opinions ??? .........Your assumptions are based on faulty OUTDATED and sometimes false information. Please take the time to go through the material before commenting. Thank you......

Excuse me, i DID read your thread, and my opinion still remains. If your not prepared to hear a differing opinion without putting strong words in Bold, please don't start a thread. The whole point in creating a thread is to "float" ideas and theories and open them up for discussion. I was being polite by letting you know i wasn't being disrespectful to the work you have put in but i respectfully disagree with it.

There are a few flaws in my humble opinion with this idea. These are:

1. How is the water "pumped" to the higher levels? When the pond is filled and casing stones placed, they then begin filling in said level with "interior" stones. This create the level. How then do the get the water up to the next level to repeat the process?

2. How did they build the chambers inside the pyramid with water on the level?

3. The locks depicted show that there must have been a rise in each lock, how did they get the water into the locks and how did they build gates strong enough to hold the pressure?

4. Why is there no evidence of this method?

5. Why is there no written account of it anywhere?

6. The time consumed to just transport water would have meant they needed to place more than 1 every 2 minutes.

I'm sorry OP, i just don''t think this theory is as robust as other theories and i don't think it was as complicated as the theory illustrates.

Please take my thoughts on this thread with an open mind and don't feel like i am trying to be rude, i am debating this with you.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:41 AM
link   

BTW - stones being lifted by means of "harmonics" is nothing more than "New Age" physics........unproven and most likely false - as in Voodoo science....
The theories proposed in this thread are scientifically demonstrable and repeatable. Hence they meet the criteria for sound archeological study and scientific research. "Harmonics" is UNPROVABLE - hence scientifically unsound.

I'm afraid Harmonics is NOT "new-agey", it is proven FACT. There is plenty of evidence out there to suggest that harmonics can be used for this.

Have you watched the documentary called "Ancient Knowledge"? Its in 5 parts and can be found on Youtube. It is VERY eye opening. There is a thread on it here. Search for it and watch it if you are interested in the Pyramids.

Most know that archeology is based on theory and unprovable facts. Archeologists claim to "know" when they don't, its just best guess.

There are many instances where archaeological discoveries that couldn't possibly have occurred have indeed occurred but are brushed under the carpet.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:42 AM
link   
They were built for extra terrestrial purposes and we will discover the true secrets of the pyramids via the et's this year...
edit on 20/7/2012 by DanielET because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Just relax buddy, don't get your ego involved, we're just having discussions, that is what happens on ATS.

Nobody questions the powers of harmonic frequencies, the Tacoma Narrows Bridge collapse being the most famous example, the bridge did not collapse due to a bit of a wind, but due to the destructive harmonic frequency the wind produced.

That harmonic frequencies have the potential for enormous power is not debated by anyone in the scientific community. How to harness them and whether they were used to construct many of the great pyramids around the world is debated, but they are definitely a leading theory for the construction of many great works that man would find challenging or impossible today.

So if this is your theory or the one you like about the pyramids, did Leedskalnin use all these canals and pools to construct his coral castle? No, I don't think so.

Here is the Tacoma Narrows bridge being destroyed by harmonics:

And here is the impossible Coral Castle built single-handedly by Leedskalnin:

coralcastle.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:04 AM
link   

I may get into this thread, but because I live in a sandy area of Texas I have one nagging doubt that keeps me from accepting the water concept:

In a desert where you have nothing but sand to great depths, how do you keep water from instantly sinking away?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

I may get into this thread, but because I live in a sandy area of Texas I have one nagging doubt that keeps me from accepting the water concept:

In a desert where you have nothing but sand to great depths, how do you keep water from instantly sinking away?

The Sahara hadn't reached the pyramids at the time of their construction, in fact the area was very tropical.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Lifting granite or coral blocks by means of "harmonics" so -called is preposterous and is the stuff of fairy tales and New Age religion.

Ed Leedskalnin was a stone mason and he understood the physical mechanics of moving and lifting heavy objects by means of pulleys and levers. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves and merely playing into the absurd notion of "Internet Physics" and hokuspokus ideas.

BTW.........Please stop making folls of yourselves by trying to highjack this good thread by means of interjecting IRRELEVANT "New Age" nonsense. If you want to talk about Leedskalnin or Tesla or anyone else of that nature PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD - STOP TRYING TO RUIN THIS ONE.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun

sophisticated canal system
The Sahara hadn't reached the pyramids at the time of their construction, in fact the area was very tropical.

YES - a tropical environment............

But I also wonder - are these guys (uninformed de-bunkers) being intentionally dense? They insist on commenting without having read or even made a cursory look at the enclosed material.
I laid out the first post in the thread so that even a third grader could follow it..........sheesh

Please view the material - The authors explain not only a fertile plain in the midst of a tropical environment and a sophisticated canal system emanating from the Nile river itself but a massive lake right in the same vicinity as the construction site - and its a PROVEN fact!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:19 AM
link   

I will accept your request. You are clearly heart set on your theory as being the right theory but what i will say is...

Tesla and Leedskalnin were pioneers in what they did and to think they were "new-agey" is ridiculous.

There were witnesses during the construction of Coral Castle who swear that Leedskalnin never used anything to move the stones and he only ever worked at night. There are clues all around his castle that illustrate how he built it and it was not via pullies and ropes.

Look, your thread is a credit to ATS as it opens up yet another avenue for discussion on the last remaining ancient wonder of the world.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:23 AM
link   

edit on 20-7-2012 by Osiris1953 because: Cuz

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Lifting granite or coral blocks by means of "harmonics" so -called is preposterous and is the stuff of fairy tales and New Age religion.

Ed Leedskalnin was a stone mason and he understood the physical mechanics of moving and lifting heavy objects by means of pulleys and levers. Anyone who thinks otherwise is fooling themselves and merely playing into the absurd notion of "Internet Physics" and hokuspokus ideas.

BTW.........Please stop making folls of yourselves by trying to highjack this good thread by means of interjecting IRRELEVANT "New Age" nonsense. If you want to talk about Leedskalnin or Tesla or anyone else of that nature PLEASE START YOUR OWN THREAD - STOP TRYING TO RUIN THIS ONE.

You seemed very closed minded.

If our posts are related to your OP, we are certainly within our rights according to ATS rules to post them. Just because they refute your OP doesn't mean you have the right to tell us to get lost. Do you understand the format of ATS?

It seems rather ridiculous that 200 years out of the industrial revolution man would have all the answers and have pretty much everything in the universe figured out.

There are many scientific papers on harmonics and many institutions and government departments from around the world have studied them - all you have to do is a simple Google search - so what you are saying about them being "New Age" is false.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:27 AM
link   
It's an interesting theory for sure. I assume there would be evidence of these barges being lowered down the edge of the Pyramids by way of drag marks though, seeing as sandstone/limestone is quite soft. Repetitive lowering of heavy barges in one spot per level would make a mess of the edge of the Pyramid, basically cutting a trench.

How were the internal chambers made? Building anything in solid layers, and then removing massive internal stone pieces in order to create rooms is not practical nor feasible. I also can't comprehend building them as dams either, just doesn't seem right. He doesn't explain this very well.........but he IS trying to sell two books!

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 08:31 AM
link   

I will accept your request. You are clearly heart set on your theory as being the right theory but what i will say is...
Tesla and Leedskalnin were pioneers in what they did and to think they were "new-agey" is ridiculous.

I said YOU GUYS (not Tesla or EL) are New Agey in your misguided thoughts and comments on the fact that 70 ton blocks of granite can be lifted high in the air by means of "harmonics" - silly thinking.

I know all about Ed Leedskalnin..........as stated - he was a very good mechanic. My comment on them (Tesla and E.L.)actually had to do with a request for all of you uninformed - my minds made up - de-bunkers to refrain from interjecting their ideas and theories into THIS THREAD which concerns ideas about a sophisticated hydraulic system that explains how the Great Pyramid was built and used.......

Ether read the OP's initial post before commenting further or ...........AGAIN...........PLEASE REFRAIN FROM HIJACKING THIS THREAD.......

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join