It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 72
<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by miniatus

It's possible, I think it might have significance though, like he wanted it as a message or something.

Very probable .. it will be interesting to find out what it is, I'm sure that information will make it's way to the public.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Why is the NYPD Commissioner making statements on this?

I don't see a conspiracy here, only a tragedy that I expect politicians and activist organizations to exploit to get legislation passesed to further erode and restrict freedom.

For that matter, why is Mayor Bloomberg getting in on the action? That guy is seriously into micromanaging the community with all his nutty demands for nanny statism.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by alienDNA

How many school shootings, mall shootings, theather shootings etc do you Americans need ???

Its freakin time for you guys to stop sell guns!!
You are the only country in the world who sells guns like this to virtually anyone, and youre the only country in the world with this madness.

Just sayin.

No we're not. Not even close.

Check out that other thread with a link RealTruth provided, and think about this. Many of the recent shootings were in places with extremely STRICT gun control like Canada, the UK, and New Zealand. On top of that, this crowded theatre apparently had at least 100 people in it and NONE of them had guns! In fact there was a rule against having guns, which all of the VICTIMS seemed to respect, but the criminal ignored.

Gun Control does nothing more than make the victims easier victims, and put the balance of force even further on the side of the criminal, just like it did in this theatre.

link   
43 years ago on the the 20th of July humans land on the moon.

20th July 2012 a human walks into a theatre and shoots dead a dozen or so people. A 3 month old baby seems to be among the dead.

HUMAN PROGRESS

link   

Originally posted by googolplex

Originally posted by sirnukeem

how do you kick in a metal emergency door>?
edit on 20-7-2012 by sirnukeem because: (no reason given)
Yea, those doors open out not in.
I use to install those doors and you would need a small tank with ram rod like cops use to break down door.

Then again the girl usher's would let me in back in the day, no alarms went off either.

Well the police already stated early on that the door was found propped open .. and I think it's pretty established ( not confirmed ) but very probable that Holmes exited the theater 15 minutes in or so and propped open the door so he could change and then re-enter.. I don't think he kicked it .. he may have flung it open dramatically or something but that's about it.

link   
reply to post by ManiShuck

OMG

That's right because of the traps he set. This guy is psycho

link   

Originally posted by ManiShuck

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth
reply to post by skepticconwatcher

The report didn't say which song, couldn't find any reports on it yet but it will probably surface soon. Will be interesting to know. Another report said

www.newser.com...

The tenant called 911 early this morning after hearing a song playing loudly and repeatedly at 12:30am in Holmes'

Maybe it was something sinister, I doubt if a neighbour would have called 911 if it was something bland.

It sounds like he was hoping neighbors would be concerned and either they would bust through the door or paramedics would bust through. I wonder if a computer or documents will be recovered detailing his plans.

Oh wow...that makes perfect sense. It really does and that is just truly sick.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by alienDNA

Are we? Really? Ok.

A quick Google reveals:
Anders Behring Breivik (Norway)
Kauhajoki school shooting (Finland)
State Oil Academy shooting (Azerbaijan)

oh, and
- September 24, 1995 - France

Sixteen people are killed and many injured in the southern French towns of Sollies-le-Pont and Cuers when a 17-year-old boy goes on a shooting rampage. He kills himself a few hours after the carnage.

- March 13, 1996 - Scotland

A deranged gun collector kills 16 children aged four to six and their teacher at a school in Dunblane, Scotland. He then kills himself.

- September 27, 2001 - Switzerland

A man bursts into the local assembly in the central Swiss town of Zug and opens fire, killing 14 and then turning the gun on himself.

- March 27, 2002 - France

Eight people are killed and 19 injured when a man opens fire on members of the municipal council of Nanterre, a region of Paris. He kills himself the next day while in police custody.

- April 26, 2002 - Germany

Sixteen people, including 12 teachers and two students, are gunned down at a school in Erfurt in eastern Germany by a 19-year-old former student, apparently in revenge for having been expelled, who then killed himself.

- October 15, 2002 - Italy

A recently divorced man shoots his ex-wife and her family and neighbours in the northern Italian city of Turin, leaving eight dead, before killing himself.

- November 7, 2007 - Finland

An 18-year-old man goes on a shooting rampage in a school in the southern Finnish town of Tuusula, killing eight people before shooting himself.

- September 23, 2008 - Finland

Eleven people, including the gunman, die in a massacre at a training school at Kauhajoki, Finland.

- March 11, 2009 - Germany

Nine pupils, three teachers and three passers-by are killed in a school shooting at Winnenden in southern Germany by a former pupil who then kills himself.

- June 2, 2010 - England

Twelve people are killed when a 52-year-old taxi driver goes on a shooting spree in the English region of Cumbria, before killing himself.

Sources:
newsinfo.inquirer.net...
www.globalpost.com...

Two links clicked, many incidents found. Shut up your ignorant hatred.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Couple thoughts I have been bouncing around in my head...I do not mean to disrespect anyone..

Where are the roommates? Could they be accomplices? Could they be dead in apt? Is this a sleeper cell? American Taliban? Something else?

The girl from Toronto is sending off alarm bells. Was she a target? Involved? Aware of the plan and working with authorities?

Some of the reports I heard said it was a girl that opened the back door...was this the same girl?

Some say suspect was dressed like joker some say like Bane...does this mean 2 suspects? Maybe 2 including a girl?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   
I see some arguments claiming that had someone else there been armed, it would have made little difference... I disagree. I think even one person firing back could have changed the outcome for the better.

Bulletproof vest: Wearing one, especially without additional ballistic plates, does not grant one immunity to the effects of projectiles... A round to the chest while wearing one can still have an incapacitating effect.

Line of sight: This encounter would have provided ideal line of sight to the gunman for a defending individual - especially in the early moments when he was near the rear door - from many locations within the theatre.

Gun control advocates are already on this. They'll be using it as an example of why we need to disarm the public, or why we need to bring back the assault weapons ban. This will lead to criminals being the only ones left armed, and everyone else defenseless.

What if he was unarmed, then? Who is to say he wouldn't have replaced his guns with Molotov cocktails?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:37 PM
link   

How many school shootings, mall shootings, theather shootings etc do you Americans need ???

You are the only country in the world who sells guns like this to virtually anyone, and youre the only country in the world with this madness

This is a indication of a serious issue with the indvidual and humanity as a whole, not the freedoms Americans hold dear. The madness of mankind has increased dramatically in the past 30 years.
edit on 20-7-2012 by Wolf321 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:38 PM
link   
would this have unfortunate scenario have happened if our culture for self-defense wasn't being stripped away? probably not.

if these scenarios do happen there wouldn't be as many people dead or harmed. we need to look at the root cause and the root cause of incidents like these is that sadistic people do it is mainly because they feel they can get away with it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by eLPresidente because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by sirnukeem

It all came from one eye witness, who was there and saw it... ask her

link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by paratus

Yes, read this topic from the beginning. The original reports were that two bombs went off.

guardianlv.com...

I was watching CNN and 9News while this was unfolding, and they had an FBI agent talking about how he probably used common mace and a pipe bomb. Most injuries that were reported over the Fire Department and Police scanners were shrapnel from an explosion. They even brought in bomb sniffing dogs to check both the theater, the mall across the street, and the car. Then they got the tip about the bombs in his apartment. Yes, bombs were at play.

Do some searches you will find it, or read this topic from the beginning.

Again...PROBABLY.....more conjecture.....

Youre asking everyone else not to use conjecture , yet you see fit if you percieve it goes along with your theory.....

wow......

Again, as reports go along they will CHANGE as facts come in..........just because you have a police scanner doesnt mean you know what is going on inside that place or what happened, or who was hurt how........

Ill trust the reports over someone who refuses to listen to any of the facts coming forward

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by xrevxoltx

I thought using a police scanner was against the law? How is this alternative news?

Was there any point to this shooting or what? Perhaps a protest of the entertainment industry? If so, why kill all the innocent people?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:39 PM
link   
reply to post by eLPresidente

you are clueless... this guy went in with body armour... he wasn't expecting to NOT deal with guns...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by g146541

Originally posted by 08051962
reply to post by CX

PS: TO YOU "PEOPLE" MAKING JOKES: CHILDREN HAVE BEEN INJURED AND KILLED. HOW CAN YOU LAUGH ABOUT THAT?

Actually it happens everyday, the only difference is it is seems it is ok when the children are brown.
At least the police are not urinating on the bodies.

Exactly.
That's the reason why I consider their group outrage and concern as completely fraudulent and feigned.

These same folks typically don't care about Afghanistan or Iraq, and they "support the troops" who do exactly this act, bust into a place with gas mask, toss smoke, then come in guns blazing. They even make jokes about that stuff quite often.

We actually support as a nation these acts when used on other nations.
But when it happens to us everyone cries and howls in despair?

These are also the same types of folks who don't actually care about the people around them in real life, would rather watch TV, and will shush you if you try to speak over the TV about any serious important subject.

The people who died and got to escape this hellhole were the lucky ones, it's the injured who are forced to suffer.
But that's not the point...

The point is that people consider other humans as their property. When someone dies, it's "your loss"? No way, because if you're still alive you didn't lose anything. No one owns a person, you cannot "lose" them.
People mourn at the funeral for themselves, not the deceased. They cry because "They lost their loved one", highly possessive terminology.

I just find it ultra-amazing how everyone is suddenly so sympathetic and emotional when something like this happens and is in the MSM, but yet in real life when people get screwed over constantly, no one cares to speak up at all? A police officer can get away with beating a suspect senseless because bystanders won't speak up?

Kind of hard to be sympathetic when the whole nation practices this very act of murder in other nations on larger scales with artillery and air strikes, is completely callous and heartless to their own countrymen much less foreigners, practices the religion of 'self-serve' no matter who it hurts, etc...

This type of tragedy is bound to happen when you have this level of arrogance and superficiality among the general population. I expect this type of crap to happen more often, because I am willing to accept a bitter hard truth that we as a nation, as a people, are complete hypocrites and in complete denial of our own shortcomings.

link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

Absolutely. That early report says they were looking for an 'indian' man. Of course we know this not to be correct now.

People's initial accounts may be flawed, not gospel.

link   

You are the only country in the world who sells guns like this to virtually anyone, and youre the only country in the world with this madness.

Just sayin.

Oh yah never mind all the pics media has shown of kids in third world countries going around with guns and assault weapons. Where have you been the last few decades?

The use of children under the age of 15 as soldiers is becoming more and more prominent, especially in third world counrties. The ages range from 7 to 15 years old. Child Soldiers can be found in countries that are stricken by poverty or disease. The article states that "rebel groups tend to recruit these children from different relief camps by using other children as they can be integrated into these camps easily". The groups also use them as part of a distraction technique.
Work Cited:"The Child Soldiers Epidemic." Mibba Articles. 23 Apr. 2011. Web. 15 Jan. 2012. .

jack-worldissues.wikispaces.com...
edit on 20-7-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 69  70  71    73  74  75 >>

join