It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

I feel endlessly more secure in a country where there's essentially no guns, than I did for decades in America, surrounded by guns.

People that have never really lived in a "gun-free" environment don't really get the difference.

I never ever ever think, here in Ireland, "that guy could have a gun". That's a hugely freeing feeling.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:46 AM
link   

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:47 AM
link   
reply to post by AntoniusBlock

This guy probably has no previous convictions though meaning he was not a criminal before these killings. It is just far too easy for ANYONE to purchase a gun in many parts of the US from my viewpoint.

link   

Originally posted by Kastogere

If others would have just let the joke go, I wouldn't be p*ssin you guys off having to explain further would I?

So, you have to "explain" why you are making jokes about it, and at the same time blaming Uncle Sam, for your apathy ?

I don't have to wonder "why" idiots, walk into movie theaters, and kill innocent victims.

Thanks for the lesson......

No need to reply back either........

link   

Originally posted by Elexio
The police statement is still talking about a single gunman in a single event. They are investigating the thought of multiple shooters but they don't think so.. No evidence according to them of anything your mentioning.

as for military tactics, everyone can google it and look at youtube scenes from iraq and afganistan.. or even hollywood movies that use military/police instructors to make a movie realistic..

Thank you.
I was commenting on what was originally being reported via the European-based media from their US affiliates. I guess it will be while before precise details as to number of shooters and tactics can be confirmed.

Re the second part of your reply, I appreciate that there is a load of info on the net. But all the same I feel that our members who've been in the military and done specialized training could give us some valuable insights based on their own, personal experience.

Mike

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   
reply to post by edaced4

Three weapons, at least two guns have been confirmed.

One rifle, one handgun, something else.

One baby shot.

EDIT:

Saying man in his early 20s. Two handguns, one rifle.
edit on 20-7-2012 by longlostbrother because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by g146541

I feel endlessly more secure in a country where there's essentially no guns, than I did for decades in America, surrounded by guns.

People that have never really lived in a "gun-free" environment don't really get the difference.

I never ever ever think, here in Ireland, "that guy could have a gun". That's a hugely freeing feeling.

Criminals never have guns in Ireland?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZeroReady
reply to post by Manhater

Was this ploy to get the ratings up?

What? Get the ratings up? No dude. People were shot. It's really happening.

Well it just so happened right after the bad reviews. Not saying that's the case, but now the name is getting attention and will be more noticeable.

news.moviefone.com...

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by longlostbrother
reply to post by g146541

Cool, stay there and you can bet I'll stay here.
Now that I know where you are typing from I understand why you believe what you do.
Cheers mate!

link   

link   

Very very few.

It's sooooo rare.

Hell, the cops DON'T have guns.

link   
reply to post by g146541

I don't feel insecure in the slightest mate as I know that every other citizen around me is not carrying a gun. Yes there are criminals who wield them or replica/fake imitations. If I am ever in a situation like that, I would still not expect to get shot.

For me the wide proliferation of guns in the citizenry,criminal and police world is a self fulfilling vicious cycle as it seems no one from these groups even hesitates about pulling a gun and shooting another human being.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Update.

Witness is saying that one of the deceased is an assailant.

Police are calling for a naval representative.

Maybe the man in custody is military?

edit on 20/7/2012 by OccamAssassin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by g146541

To be even more clear, I'm a US-expat, I grew up in the deep south, surrounded by guns. I have seen two people shot dead.

link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk

This guy probably has no previous convictions though meaning he was not a criminal before these killings. It is just far too easy for ANYONE to purchase a gun in many parts of the US from my viewpoint.

A bomb would have been easier to get, in fact one can be procured from the grocery store.
A bomb may have been more deadly too.
Criminals, even felons can shop at the grocery store.

link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

"Hahaha Why so serious?"

[SNIP] PEOPLE HAVE BEEN MURDERED.
Yeah, let's just laugh about it and not take it seriously. Because people being massacred is just unimportant. Maybe one day YOU will be caught in such a situation and you wouldn't be so smug about it. You're much more deserving.

If you have nothing to add to the thread, stop posting. Most of us aren't interested in seeing your gifs.

edit on 20-7-2012 by Gemwolf because: Removed insult

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:53 AM
link   
reply to post by sonnny1

Theres always a need my emotionally laden friend. And its not apathy its indifference, people die get over it. Finally glad you got the point though.

Have a nice day....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 04:54 AM
link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

You have a link, for that?

link   
The whole thing reminds me of Columbine.

So sad.

link   
reply to post by OccamAssassin

If they are calling in Naval. He's either retired military or current military. Even more sickening.

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join