It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 67
<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Holmes doesn't seem to have had some real combat experience. This is very difficult to do for an amateur no matter how twisted his mind is. One needs to be in very good physical condition to operate like this. No, he is a normal guy and someone wants us to believe this is possible, but it isn't.

I wonder if they are going to kill him the way they killed Lee Oswald to hide the facts.

link   
reply to post by zeeon

According to the police chief there were a lot of rounds and with a modified weapon it is possible, also there were a few weapons. It was said that it lasted around 2 mins.

link   
Where's a Zimmerman when you need one?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Milkflavour

Yeah more guns than people times a thousand probably. There is no one I don't know that doesn't own. So when that many people own guns it makes those who doesn't own one want to get one, and around and around we go.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by antonia

Originally posted by kalunom
I guess this will be overlooked with all the attention being on the shooter and why he did what he did...understandably, I suppose...but, who brings their 3-month old baby to a midnight showing of Batman?

That just makes it double-sad.

Yea, that's one thing that just irritates me. Theaters are loud and then you compound the problem by taking the kid to a violent movie filled with loud bass sounds and blasts? Poor kids ears will be ringing. Undeveloped ears have no place in a movie theater.

I agree completely, it's one of the first thoughts I had when I saw this on facebook .. my friends cousin's boyfriend was one of those who were killed, her cousin was wounded .. yet I kept thinking to myself why on this earth was a 3 month old at this movie!? .. I imagine it traumatic enough for an infant being subjected to those loud noises.. but it's also just disrespectful to those around you as well as the child .. I remember seeing freddy vs. jason in the theater and a woman brought in her sick, crying infant.. everyone was hushing her and so she got up, screamed at everyone that he was sick so she couldn't leave him at home.. so someone yelled back "YOU SHOULD HAVE STAYED HOME WITH HIM THEN RATHER THAN BRINGING HIM OUT TO A MOVIE!"

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
Question.

Just walking through the lobby, I saw the newscasters saying his mother was shocked, and would never have imagined this? They are also having to use police security to protect his mother's home in LA now?

What happened to the earlier statement that his mother expected this, and knew it was him?

I only barely caught the tail end of that report, and I don't even know which channel it was on.

Yep, and his mother immediately let everyone know her whereabouts... Damn, how stupid!

link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

No real combat but maybe practicing on Halo or something for years, or who knows laserquest?

link   

Originally posted by Thescripter
Where's a Zimmerman when you need one?

Currently he's busy lying and whoring himself out to round up defense dollars.

link   

Originally posted by theirtruthlies0806
Reports are coming in that movie theaters all around the country are calling in extra police presence this weekend.

HERE WE GO FOLKS!!

I never understood this tendency towards reaction.

Some nut shoots up a movie theater so people say things like "ill never to that theater" or "im not going to see that movie" and theaters do things like bring in extra cops.

What happened happened. It's not some trait of a particular place or a particular film or even a question of amount of police on scene because according to all reports that theater and the parking lot was already swarming with cops for crowd control.

I'll never understand this knee-jerk reactionary nonsense.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Well I don't think he was alone in this incident. He definitely had help making those bombs. And where are his roommates now?

Public records indicate that Holmes lived with two roommates at 1690 Paris St., Apt. 10. The roommates are also recorded as being from California.

www.christianpost.com...

edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by theirtruthlies0806

Oh yes I get to get my balls groped at the theater from now on, I can't wait. That sounds like fun.

+9 more 
posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
HERE IS WHAT WE KNOW SO FAR: (Please PM me with any sources or facts I have not included and I will add them)

SUSPECTS:
James Holmes suspected as lone gunman. Public records indicate that Holmes lived with two roommates at 1690 Paris St., Apt. 10. The roommates are also recorded as being from California.

SUSPECTS IN CUSTODY:
James Holmes

PROFESSION:
Neuro-Science B.S. and Recently Withdrawn Student from Univ. of Colorado

WHAT WE KNOW ABOUT JAMES HOLMES LEADING UP TO THE EVENT CAN BE FOUND HERE

RESIDENCE:
US citizen, Apartment in Colorado, nearby
1690 Paris St., Apt. 10

VICTIMS:
59 Wounded
12 Dead - Three of the wounded in Critical condition.
71 Total
NO INFANTS WERE KILLED (One was taken to a hospital after exposure to the gas)

Among the wounded/victims were Two Air Force Reservists and Two Navy Service Members. A member here expressed concern about two members of Buckley Air Force Base not reporting this morning. These may be connected.

Jessica Ghawi - Recently survived another shooting in Toronto but was unfortunately shot and killed by James Holmes. More information on Jessica's story can be found
HERE

POLICE TRANSCRIPTS FOR THE FIRST 30 MINUTES OF RADIO COMM. CAN BE FOUND HERE

ORDER OF EVENTS (as we know):
James Holmes bought a ticket and passed through the gate and seated himself in the theater. He exited the theater via fire exit and supposedly propped the door open so it did not lock. (These Doors often have the alarms turned off or are not equipped with alarms in movie theaters because they are often used as exits for patrons after the movie is over.)

He went to his nearby vehicle where he armed himself and fitted himself with body armor and a gas mask. He re-entered the theater through the propped open door and used some form of tear gas or pepper spray. Once the audience was disoriented he opened fire with a reported semi-automatic rifle, a shotgun, and a pistol. Police were stationed nearby and were on the scene promptly. As he exited the theater to his car he was apprehended. He did not resist arrest. He disclosed to police that his apartment was also rigged with explosives. Bottles full of liquid could be seen through his apartment window and a song was on repeat on the stereo. An explosive device was also reportedly found in the theater but it was said that authorities do not know if it was planted there prior to the shooting or once it began. He was taken into custody where authorities said he has been quiet.

UNCONFIRMED OR FALSE STATEMENTS:
There are no confirmed reports of him dressed as the joker. Ray Kelly of the NYPD made this statement and it has yet to be confirmed. He is in New York.. Why would he know?

There are no confirmed reports of infants that were shot. Some or (one) were admitted as precaution from exposure to the tear gas.

There is no confirmed report that a second gunman was found dead.

There has been no confirmation that James Holmes was a member of OWS or Black Bloc.

There were early reports of two explosions but nothing else has been said.

Early Reports stated that Holmes was active on the 9gag website where members "egged" him on to commit the shootings in disbelief that he was serious. 9gag released a statement that denies any affiliation with the shooter. More information found HERE

PLEASE READ BELOW:
Can we all just be quiet and discuss the FACTS. I have seen so much repeated and people are arguing about semantics. If you want to discuss logistics and semantics and how you'd react in the situation.. Start a thread dedicated to that. Those things could apply to any situation.

We need the facts, and good constructive discussion. If you want to talk about gun control, make a thread regarding the relation of events like this to gun control. If you wanna talk about conspiracy and psy-ops and mk-ultra and what have you.. Do it, but do it in the proper area. I realize this is a forum for these discussions, but as of right now this thread is out of control. Have some respect for the victims and their families. Leave the speculation to an area specified for that purpose. We need the FACTS and updates!!

If you PM me with anything I missed in the facts, I will update this post with all compiled information.

This source provides backup for many of the statements above. What is displayed in this post is also a collective of confirmed facts compiled as a collective of information found on ATS and from other source.
edit on 20-7-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by Manhater
Well I don't think he was alone in this incident. He definitely had help making those bombs. And where are his roommates now?

Public records indicate that Holmes lived with two roommates at 1690 Paris St., Apt. 10. The roommates are also recorded as being from California.

www.christianpost.com...

edit on 20-7-2012 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

Are they dead, missing, or in custody?

If the apartment was THAT booby-trapped, then it didn't happen quickly. The roommates had to either be accomplices or early victims.

link   
For the record, you can easily buy high quality Surefire 60 or 100rd AR15 mags online and in gun stores. They are only illegal in a few of the commie states such as CA, NY, MA, etc. Yes I own and support high capacity mags. Thanks.

Peace

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Rotten Tomatoes had to shut down their whole comment section for this movie, days ago, because of Death Threats

Sad world we live in when a movie is taken so seriously. :shk:

Death threats for what?
I am so confused by all this.

For giving the movie crappy reviews and saying it blew toilet water. A lot of people wanted Rotten Tomatoes to come out and say that TDKR was the best movie of all time. And in Rotten's opinion, it wasn't. It didn't even come close to that. And because of that, they were threatened with rape and death. People are going insane over this movie. To them, it's their V for Vendetta when it doesn't even come close. By a LONG shot.

link   
i have a question how the hell does this guy kick in
a locked metal door>? does not add up at all.

kicking in a weak wood door easy
but i have tried to kick in a metal door..
didnt get anywhere.

someone opened that door for him

link   
An open carry law would end this type of thing in an instant! Well if people would actually use the law! The threat of instant death or an instant armed response would have seen this monster stay at home!

Dark days, very dark days! My heart goes out to all of you effected! I bet you would give anything to be able step back and take that firearm with you!

This is how all these things should end!

edit on 20-7-2012 by Donkey_Dean because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by DangerDeath
Holmes doesn't seem to have had some real combat experience. This is very difficult to do for an amateur no matter how twisted his mind is. One needs to be in very good physical condition to operate like this. No, he is a normal guy and someone wants us to believe this is possible, but it isn't.

I wonder if they are going to kill him the way they killed Lee Oswald to hide the facts.

I don't agree with you ... it would take serious skill if he were going up against an armed combatant perhaps but it doesn't take skill to walk in and fire on a crowd of unsuspecting movie goers.. sure it takes some practice to learn how to put on the armor but he had time to do that at home.. it takes practice to learn the basics of firing a gun, but you don't need to be a marksman when you're firing buckshot into a crowded room .. So i think it's giving him too much credit to assume he must have some kind of skill .. or even that he needs to be in good shape to do it .. the whole thing lasted all of 2-3 minutes from most accounts.. you don't need much endurance to walk 20-30 feet from your car into a room and spend 2-3 minutes firing a shot gun at innocent people.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Who needs to modify anything?? I'm always surprised in spree shootings that the numbers are so LOW. I'm not the least surprised these numbers are high. 30rd magazines for the AR-..perfectly legal and whatever the handgun holds. 15rd? more? Adds up fast. When I sold my AR-, 20 magazines went with it. They're cheap and everywhere. So did an obscene amount of ammo. That also isn't uncommon.

When strictly playing with my AR- on a range and not trying for any accuracy, I could empty a magazine in seconds. No modifications necessary. It's just pulling the trigger as fast as the finger can move. In a theater full of people? it's a horrible scene to consider. It's even graduated for height, so aiming truly is a moot consideration for spraying wild rounds and still hitting someone with almost every one of them.

Colorado has the Death penalty right?

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Donkey_Dean
An open carry law would end this type of thing in an instant! Well if people would actually use the law anyhow!

Dark days, very dark days!

Well it's been debated throughout this thread.. I disagree with you completely though.. there's just no way, or extremely unlikely anyway that anyone with a weapon in that theater could have stopped a man in full armor ( including neck and head ) armed with an assault rifle, shot gun and hand guns.. as well as a room full of tear gas.. just not happening..

top topics

<< 64  65  66    68  69  70 >>

join