It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass shooting in Aurora, CO (At Batman Film Premiere)

page: 64
<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by senselessness

With respect to you, you can't know that they didn't get shot, that is your interpretation. I stated quite logically that the 59 injured people must have either been shot, or suffered from shrapnel. ( i suppose some of the injuries could be teargas based too)

None of us know what happened exactly as we weren't there.
edit on 20-7-2012 by DrHammondStoat because: too fast typing

link   
My thoughts and Prayers go out to all involved in the shooting.

This is why I have a CCW. If some Idiot pulls that crap he won't last long.

It would not surprise me that with the Arms Trade Treaty looming that this would only help to gain public support for it.

According to Fox and CNN there is a high level meeting going on at the Whitehouse.

link   
reply to post by DangerDeath

I watched the press conference on TV and the police chief said 71 people were shot. 71 people....by one person. This is really hard for my mind to comprehend.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyMojo
Someone here mentioned earlier that they had two friends from the nearby Buckley Air Force base that did not report this morning. They were concerned.

I just read this snippet from MSN, and I'm deeply sorry to report this finding. You will be in my thoughts, and I pray your friends are not among those lost..

Buckley Air Force Base is in Aurora, and defense officials told NBC News that two Air Force reservists and two Navy service members were among those shot. Their identities and conditions weren't available, but defense officials said none was killed.

MSN Source for above snippet
edit on 20-7-2012 by ZiggyMojo because: (no reason given)

That's very sad. What was the killers connection to these men I wonder?

link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

The reports say ''71 shot'' see further posts with quotes and links. sheesh, Iam saying it just exactly as the Police Cief of Colorado reported it and the media is reporting it, but hey you seem to think of your version as the only one you believe...save it, I don't care for your opinion. I would prefer to believe in the actual reports.

link   

Originally posted by senselessness
reply to post by theabsolutetruth

They are mixing up the numbers....

The police cheif just said in his press release just a minute ago;

Twelve people were shot dead and 59 others injured, Aurora Police Chief Dan Oates said in an afternoon press conference.

People are spreading a rumor that 71 were shot. They are adding the 12 + 59 to get 71. There was 71 injured, not 71 shot. No way that one guy shot 71 people...
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

I just saw on Fox news it's 71 people shot. So what people are spreading a "rumor" and do you think Fox is part of that?

link   
Fast forward to 8:00 and watch....

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:42 PM
link   
While flipping through the channels just now, I heard this news blurb:

"Apparently, both candidates have agreed to hold off running some new "contrast ads" for the time being"

"Contrast ads" is another name for attack ads.

It looks like the Obama campaign seized upon the opportunity first. Romney's campaign followed immediately.
This is it, my fellow Americans. This is what our choices have been reduced to. "Vote for me because I briefly stopped running slanderous attack ads against my opponent in the wake of an unspeakable tragedy."

link   
reply to post by caladonea

3 guns, including a semi automatic, eye witnesses said it was like watching ''the terminator''. Awful but possible that a guy with experience, even in computer games, could do it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by theabsolutetruth because: (no reason given)

link   

link   
And this is the reason guns are getting banned..there are too many sick people in the world

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by theabsolutetruth

Originally posted by DangerDeath
It says that the killer shot a canister - which means he had this big gun which shoots tear gas canisters. Then what? He dropped it and pulled an assault rifle out of his sack and started to shoot, and then he resorted to shotgun broadsides of grape shot?

Two guns and one launcher and body armor and gas-mask, he operated all that?

In that crowd exposed to such gunfire, with tear gas in their eyes and throats, how many survivors could actually see and swear it was just one man there?

It was a smoke grenade. He wore a gas mask and a flak jacket / body armour. A lot of the people there were dressed up as Batman etc, so would have looked like a 'regular' consumer.

www.telegraph.co.uk... nator-like-gunman.html

"The gunman came through the exit and threw a canister of smoke and then started shooting up the place with a semi-automatic weapon," he said.

"We thought it was part of the movie but it became very real, very quickly.

"He must have shot 19 or 20 rounds. People were scrambling left and right. Somebody behind us. Maybe a straggler was hit. He said 'I am hit'.

"He looked like the Terminator. He didn't say anything. He was just shooting and shooting and shooting.

BBC mentions tear gas canister.

www.bbc.co.uk...

He was armed with a rifle, a shotgun and two pistols, said officials

They say he tossed a tear gas canister, so he didn't have a launcher, my mistake.

link   

Originally posted by honestfox
NYPD commisioner Ray Kelly has reportedly stated the suspect had hair "painted red" and claims to be the Joker from the Batman franchise. Just heard this on FilmWeek on KPCC.

The Aurora police chief stated he had spoken to someone at NYPD about the event (he said he worked at the NYPD before and knew people there) but he suggested that reports of the shooter having died hair was incorrect.

Not trying to say anything is incorrect, just wanted to add the tidbit for anyone who missed it.
edit on 20-7-2012 by ManiShuck because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by ColeYounger
While flipping through the channels just now, I heard this news blurb:

"Apparently, both candidates have agreed to hold off running some new "contrast ads" for the time being"

"Contrast ads" is another name for attack ads.

It looks like the Obama campaign seized upon the opportunity first. Romney's campaign followed immediately.
This is it, my fellow Americans. This is what our choices have been reduced to. "Vote for me because I briefly stopped running slanderous attack ads against my opponent in the wake of an unspeakable tragedy."

Thats pretty sad, what makes it even worse is that it's true.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by paratus

Originally posted by miniatus

Originally posted by paratus
71 total people being shot
of them:
10 dead on scene
3 dead in hospital/in transit

1 hit in adjacent theater

ballistic full outfit
head to toe including groin and neck

Well that should silence those in here that think they are america's next top shot.. there's nobody with a concealed carry that would have taken him down.. police would have even had trouble taking him down since they are far less protected, and even outgunned since he had an assault rifle.. he gave himself up peacefully fortunately.

Do you understand how much force is exerted on a target at close range?
45 will most likely penetrate at that range.
I don't care how much armor he has, how teary my eyes are.
2 or 3 shots in the head would put him down at 20 yards.
Even if it were only from concussion/knockout.

When police went up against two individuals several years ago in full armor, they were unable to stop them until the two men ran out of ammunition.. the police were complaining at that time that they needed armor piercing ammunition and high powered rifles.. they were under powered.. The story was all over the news, I wish I could remember where it was.. but these two guys literally were walking down the road taking police fire and returning it .. not running, just walking .. I seriously think people are under-estimating the situation, or over-estimating their abilities.. you still have to consider the situation regardless.. a room filled with teargas, a man armed with an assault rifle, two hand guns and a shot gun kitted up in full armor .. you're not going to survive running up against him when you're out in the theater in your jeans and t-shirt..

People are thinking very unrealistically if they are thinking otherwise.

link   
People, trust me.... 71 people were NOT shot....

12 people were shot dead, and 59 were injured.

I have been following this since it started... Most people were in the hospital being treated for tear gas / smoke inhalation. Others in there for shrapnel. Very few actually got shot.

Whatever sources are saying "71 shot" is wrong.

I will find the Police Cheif's latest press release video. I was watching it live, and remember hearing 12 dead and 59 injured because in the beginning it was 14 dead 50 injured, then changed to 12 dead 38 injured, then shot back to 12 dead 59 injured at the latest release. I was keeping track.
edit on 20-7-2012 by senselessness because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by ColeYounger

It works. Look at all the flack the NRA got for their convention in Denver after Columbine despite the fact that the date and venue had been set for years in advance.

People are stupid and emotional. Politicians count on this.

posted on Jul, 20 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by lives

Click here for more information.

never mind.....
edit on 20-7-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by xrevxoltx

This is sad, very sad only. It will be interesting in the months to come to find out what motivated this man. Obviously, he flipped out. He was a medical student in the neurosciences too, which makes it even more interesting. So sad about the event. Hopefully, some good can come about so this can be avoided again. What would make an honors student flip out like that?

link   

Originally posted by r2d246
I had an incicent happen yesterday. I fell asleep on a lawn. Then these 3 teens were sneaking up to me likely trying to lift my wallet. But the holy spirit woke me up to warn me. I think I'd be warned in an event like this too. Like I'd get a flat or I'd sit somewhere where I wouln't get shot. I think the spirit of God is your greatest protection, not some hand gun. Those who live by the sward will die by the sward.

And if I was in the US I would have pulled out my glock and started bustin caps in peoples asses, cuz that's a much better way to resolve a situaition than to walk away.

top topics

<< 61  62  63    65  66  67 >>

join